Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Iupati

thought it said "iupati talks bacon"

now i'm pissed
Originally posted by YungAce:
thought it said "iupati talks bacon"

now i'm pissed

Sorry to disappoint, but talking a new contract is almost as good as bacon, almost.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Take a look at this.

http://www.overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=G

Seems Iupati's value should be between $7M and $8M a year.

Look at where Iupati's current contract is, below guys like Adam Snyder of all people.

Thanks for the link... was looking for something like that. Would you agree that it should be similar to Anthony Davis' deal? P.S. Are you working for that site? I know you wanted us to start using it since that other site was stealing your numbers. It's a really good easy to read site... thanks for sharing. Been using it a lot lately.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM ]
Originally posted by capone0:
Keep young core, draft well, let older and non-key players transition. Keep a couple of key leaders but not too long. Only pay FA that are willing to take discounts or are at positions that are really hard to fill. The key is NEVER overpay anyone and NEVER keep players longer than they are worth. I think we have 2 of those players right now (Rogers and Goodwin and possibly Gore but that isn't overly bad).

Gore retires in Red and Gold, seeing him in a different uniform would be right up there with Jerry and Joe in a different color.
Originally posted by baltien:
Crabs is cool, but losing him wouldn't be the end of the world. He just went over 1,000 yards receiving. Lets see what he does this year before crying about losing an "elite" receiver (which is a generous stretch).

We will have him for 2 more years, can tag him for 1 year or even 2 years after that so we could have him another 3. We probably wouldn't tag him twice but possibly once depending on how much the cap is and if we will have enough since we also have to worry about Miller, Culliver and Hunter after 2 more years. Might put the money towards Miller and Culliver (possibly Hunter) rather than tag Crabtree for the 2015 season. 2 more seasons is a long time away so we will see where we are WR wise but if Kap keeps playing well he should make the WR's better than they are and be able to work with average WRs. I have stood up for him since we drafted him even when others called him a diva and a bust but if we sign Iupati it's looking like he is the odd man out. Kap and Aldon would be far more important. Aldon is 2 years younger than Crabtree as well. Kap is a few months older but a franchise QB trumps everything so that doesn't matter at all.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 15, 2013 at 2:52 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by JoeCos:
Yes!!! Best OLine in NFL stays intact for few more years.

Not quite intact. New Center needed now or soon

See: Looney and Kilgore
I'm sorry, I just don't agree that Crabs will be that hard to sign. He has 2 years left on his contract - Let's see what he does for those 2 years. If he rolls 1500 yds and 12 TD's each season, he'll get paid. If he doesn't, he won't. If he puts up "elite" numbers, I can see him wanting a max contract. If he puts up top 15 numbers, then he won't get paid as well, and very well could decide to just stay in SF. Now, as a caveat, if the 49ers turn around and win the next 2 Super Bowls, well, all bets are off at that point.
if iupati gets signed before the season starts (VD's extension came on the eve of the 2010 opener) we will have won the offseason by virtue of keeping the leagues best o-line together for the long term.
Originally posted by Beeker:
I'm sorry, I just don't agree that Crabs will be that hard to sign. He has 2 years left on his contract - Let's see what he does for those 2 years. If he rolls 1500 yds and 12 TD's each season, he'll get paid. If he doesn't, he won't. If he puts up "elite" numbers, I can see him wanting a max contract. If he puts up top 15 numbers, then he won't get paid as well, and very well could decide to just stay in SF. Now, as a caveat, if the 49ers turn around and win the next 2 Super Bowls, well, all bets are off at that point.

You really have enough faith in Crabtree that hes matured from a kid coming off a foot injury wanting a huge contract to a reasonable player who will understand his true market value?
I'd call it a pretty damn successful offseason.

-Extended Anthony Davis Through 2019, Iupati Will Probably Be the Same
-Traded Alex Smith for a top of the 2nd round pick and another 2nd (or 3rd) next year
-Trade for a Top #2 WR For a Late 6 - Cost is Only 6 mil
-Replaced RJF 22 Mil, Sopoaga 12 Mil with Dorsey 6 Mil and Williams 3.2 Mil (Minimal Perfornance Lost at a Fraction of the Cost)
-Restructured Two Players We Need In Haralson 1.3 Mil and Manningham 1.8 Mi (Both Players Cut 50%, Saving 3.1 Mil Total)
-Likely Fix the ST with Dawson, Skuta, Dahl and possibly Moore (Retained Brock)
-Added Asomugha for 1.35 Mil, 3 Mil Max
-Traded For Backup QB w/ Experience (Moved down 9 spots from end of 5th to early 6 + Late 7. Using Draft Chart Value it equals to Mid 7)
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 15, 2013 at 3:23 PM ]
Good call Gore21.

AND it isn't over yet.

Our FO is setting us up to succeed for this season and the future.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Unfortunately, it'll have to be Crabtree. It's time to start looking for another WR in the draft. There's no telling how long Boldin will be around and we don't know how healthy Manningham will be after his injury. We finally get a legit #1 WR and we're about to lose him already. Damn it!

About to lose him? He's got 2 years left on his contract...

I think I read he can void it.
Basically what this means is we're aware of the potential crisis we'll run into in the near future, and we are taking preventative measures in order to avoid losing all our good players.
Originally posted by Disp:
Unfortunately, it'll have to be Crabtree. It's time to start looking for another WR in the draft. There's no telling how long Boldin will be around and we don't know how healthy Manningham will be after his injury. We finally get a legit #1 WR and we're about to lose him already. Damn it!

About to lose him? He's got 2 years left on his contract...

I think I read he can void it.

That's news to me.

The extra year was something the team requested after the holdout.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Gore retires in Red and Gold, seeing him in a different uniform would be right up there with Jerry and Joe in a different color.

That's fine but it doesn't mean he has to play a ton his last few years as 9er. It also means he can take a huge paycut since he'll be a 30+ year old RB. If he can't deal with less carries and a much smaller paycheck then he'll need to retire or go somewhere else. Hopefully it's the former. It's tough to deal with older RBs, but we've let some of our great older RBs go in the past.

Craig was gone at 31 to the Raiders then the Vikings
We let Hearst play till 32, but should have let him go at 31
Garner was gone by 28.

Gore might be an exception but I don't think we can keep him around forever especially with our A+ OL for running. While Gore was great this year, imagine if we had a better RB--if that's possible.