LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Mike Iupati

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Please please let this dude WALK. Anda sen~or. Never liked this dude and hated his selection in 2010. What was the attraction to this guy? He constantly WHIFFED in pass protection and was above average as a run blocker, a good run blocker but not Super like some suggest. Coulda shoulda woulda had Dez in 2010.

So he wasn't thw next Larry Allen then?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I never ever thought he was even as good as Larry Allen's SHADOW. That 2010 1st round had some talent. 49ers passed up 2 very talented WRs in Demarius and Dez, all for Iupati. Honestly I upati js good as a run blocker but not superior and he's absolute Garbage Basura as a pass blocker. No lies
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I never ever thought he was even as good as Larry Allen's SHADOW. That 2010 1st round had some talent. 49ers passed up 2 very talented WRs in Demarius and Dez, all for Iupati. Honestly I upati js good as a run blocker but not superior and he's absolute Garbage Basura as a pass blocker. No lies

Yeah.....such a disappointment as a player, and disappointing draft. Beside those two Wrs, I'm sure there were copious amounts of talented players, and better overall OL, that can not only run block, put pass block ass well.
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Yeah.....such a disappointment as a player, and disappointing draft. Beside those two Wrs, I'm sure there were copious amounts of talented players, and better overall OL, that can not only run block, put pass block ass well.

I want Big Mike to fetch a nice coin in leaving
Chargers have apparently agreed to a deal with Denver's Orlando Franklin so that may take one of his suitors out of the running. Maybe Denver wants him now.
Originally posted by Sourball:
Chargers have apparently agreed to a deal with Denver's Orlando Franklin so that may take one of his suitors out of the running. Maybe Denver wants him now.

Lol, manning is as good as dead if they sign iupati
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Not surprising

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Continue to hear SF, OAK, NYJ, BUF among those in the hunt for Mike Iupati. Would tend to think he's moving on from 49ers at this point
Good comp pick next year tho
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Manning can play with almost any linemen. He's played with much worse than Iupati protecting him but he gets rid of the ball so quickly that it doesn't matter. Buffalo would be interesting - they're putting together a massive offensive line and Roman is probably going to stick with the power running scheme. They are going to run the ball a lot with McCoy and Jackson.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Manning can play with almost any linemen. He's played with much worse than Iupati protecting him but he gets rid of the ball so quickly that it doesn't matter. Buffalo would be interesting - they're putting together a massive offensive line and Roman is probably going to stick with the power running scheme. They are going to run the ball a lot with McCoy and Jackson.

Old manning played with worse now manning is just old. Just meat waiting for the grinder and if iupati is protecting him.......its all bad

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Had to be in division....

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
49ers free-agent G Mike Iupati has told people he plans to sign with the Arizona Cardinals, per sources. Iupati vs. SF DT Darnell Dockett.
Originally posted by Jcool:

49ers free-agent G Mike Iupati has told people he plans to sign with the Arizona Cardinals, per sources. Iupati vs. SF DT Darnell Dockett.

That is shocking. I didn't expect that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by daragon:

That sucks big time.
Originally posted by daragon:

Sweet. Just follow him on every pull and you'll know where the RB is going! Also, we'll have a field day pass rushing inside on him Adam Snyder-style!
Share 49ersWebzone