• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by slowriot:
Steve Palazzolo ‏@PFF_Steve 18s18 seconds ago
Free agent guard Mike Iupati will be interesting case. One of best run blockers in lg, but never posted positive pass block grade in career

He needs to shut the hell up! I need big Mike to sign somewhere for more than $8million per to get that 3rd rd comp

for real!

Don't worry, this guy's going to be in a bidding war with Washington and Oakland.

watch the Raiders give him 10 mill a year

Oh, that would be sweet; however, that seems to be more of a Snyder thing...
[ Edited by Geeked on Mar 2, 2015 at 8:10 AM ]
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by crabman82:
its goes both ways, they made those plays in the NO and NYG games to get wins. and didnt in a few others to get losses. you cant just leave in all of the good results and say the bad ones could have ended good too. the good results could have ended bad too. we still have many talented players but between some returning from serious injuries, and some getting over 30 years old and some leaving due to FA and cap casualties, theres just not a lot of certainty. its not a full blown re-build, but its also not a top 5 roster getting some injured guys back and picking up right where they left off.

I disagree. The knowns are there. Kap,VD,Boldin,Staley,Boone,AD,MMartin, Stevie J, Willis, hopefully healthy bowman, Aldon, bethea. Is that a top 5 talent??? To me YES.

Of course Justin may be done but Tank will get better, so will Dial and so will Dorsey and the FA addition/draft choice addition. There is NO WAY the offense next season will be as bad as it was this season, and then boreland was an amazing rookie as was LYNCH. And I hated the Ward pick but if he pans out, then this IS A TOP 5 roster.

Agree.

Add to that the guys coming in off of IR.
They are essentially rookies who have a excellent benefit of being exposed to the playbooks, meetings and the locker room culture & work ethic of guys like Justin, Patrick and Boldin.
Per John Middlekauff "#49ers are trying to get something done w/ Mike Iupati before FA hits. I'm told it's not likely, he's seeking 8.5 a year per source "
[ Edited by bdub2588 on Mar 7, 2015 at 8:15 PM ]
dude doesn't want to be here, let him walk
Originally posted by bdub2588:
Per John Middlekauff "#49ers are trying to get something done w/ Mike Iupati before FA hits. I'm told it's not likely, he's seeking 8.5 a year per source "

WOW, no way in hell is Iupati worth that much per yr. That would tie him with Logan Mankins for highest paid LG and probably Guard overall.
Yeah, in today's NFL an OG needs to be far better in pass blocking than Iupati is to get that kind of scratch, IMO
8.5mm.....
watch the Raiders give him 10 mill a year

Iupati or Crabs will end up signing with the Raiders.
Wtf? He does know he's terrible in pass protection, right? Good riddance gtfo
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

WOW, no way in hell is Iupati worth that much per yr. That would tie him with Logan Mankins for highest paid LG and probably Guard overall.

Yup. He's the only free agent I really don't care for them to try and sign. The more teams I see coveting him, the more I laugh because they're going to be in for a rude awakening once it's time to pass block.

Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Wtf? He does know he's terrible in pass protection, right? Good riddance gtfo

He's over rated. He's still a big name and perhaps the biggest name in FA guards
Please please let this dude WALK. Anda sen~or. Never liked this dude and hated his selection in 2010. What was the attraction to this guy? He constantly WHIFFED in pass protection and was above average as a run blocker, a good run blocker but not Super like some suggest. Coulda shoulda woulda had Dez in 2010.

Which is fine by me. He will certainly net us a third rd comp with TAM and SD vying for his services
I like Brandon Thomas' potential better anyways.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Yup. No way he's worth that money, but he will likely get it on the open market. Can't fault him for chasing the money if some team offers it to him.

I think it's time to move on anyways. He's still a force in the run game, and us being a run-oriented team, we will miss him. But he is already a declining player and not worth a large contract.
Share 49ersWebzone