There are 162 users in the forums

Mike Iupati

Its still super early in the season, but I'll be interested to see how the off-season plays out with him hitting free agency? Based on how he's been playing, I can't imagine he'll demand top dollar. Hopefully, this season is a fluke and we can sign him long-term on a starter quality contract instead of a All-Pro one.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Will not be retained.

This. Unless it is at a very cheap price
Concrete shoes in quicksand. Time to give sumo wrestling a shot.
This makes it so much easier for baalke to spend money elsewhere and on players worth keeping. Dude has no feet, he looks fat, slow and stiff
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
i dont think hes recovered from that broken ankle, he has no quickness left
Man, talk about fast fall in performance.

He definitely won't be resigned.

IMO, JH is VERY slow to replace players who aren't performing.

Looney should step in ASAP.
Gonna wait for for our resident tape evaluators to chime in because I really didn't get a chance to watch every snap but if its as bad as I think im all for

Staley boone kilgore looney davis
Iupati is having problems and It's just been painful to watch. I hope he can pull it together and get it right, but I don't see it happening. Maybe something is physically wrong with him? I'm not sure. his pass blocking is just bad. guys are running right past him.
[ Edited by dlance on Sep 21, 2014 at 9:11 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna

Sources say Redskins have strong interest in 49ers guard Mike Iupati. The Bucs also like the 6'5 330 lbs. offensive lineman #Redskins #Bucs
Originally posted by Jcool:

Sources say Redskins have strong interest in 49ers guard Mike Iupati. The Bucs also like the 6'5 330 lbs. offensive lineman #Redskins #Bucs

I hope they pay him very well. Like more than $8 million annually well so we get that premium comp pick

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I hope they pay him very well. Like more than $8 million annually well so we get that premium comp pick

Hope they like to run...
Iupati and Gore will be Redskins
  • thl408
I didn't think any team would consider signing him and converting him to be a zone blocking lineman (WAS). That'll be interesting to see.
Let Him walk and get Boone outta there too. Sad but I think he never regrouped after his ankle. He is very very lazy in pass protection. sometimes it's painful to watch.
I'm okay with letting him get over paid somewhere else

All of a sudden I really feel like we are in rebuild mode. A good number of our core players are either on their way out or just getting old. We really need to hit on this draft and hope that 2014 pans out. Another draft like 2012 and we are toast. I believe 100 percent that if we dont perform well this upcoming season, they are going to blow this team up sky high.
Share 49ersWebzone