LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 368 users in the forums

Mike Iupati

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Sorry to bump it but it was the only Iupati thread out there. I for sure thought there would be one with him working on an extension but it was all Iupati/Crabtree type stuff.

Side note I think it's more like Boone is gone if we re-sign Iupati. Crabtree re-signing I think would still give Boone time and if Boone took a team friendly deal then it puts Iupati on the hot spot. I think we still extend Crabtree and Culliver some time this calendar year. I can't find the name of his agent. I would think someone who was born and raised in American Samoa up until high school would take what he can get because he can do a lot of good for his family back there and his family in the states. Plus staying in SF keeps him close to his family, he lives in the area plus keep him the closest to his distant family in American Samoa that he can get in the NFL (minus SD).

Im glad you didnt type "American Samoa" a third time. Its like beetlejuice. Say it threee times and Isaac sopoaga appears and does the haka in your bedroom..
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Bruce and Ryan Tollner are Iupati's agents. They have 49ers roots, they are based in CA, and believe related to Ted Tollner.

Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod are Boone's agents, notorious for holdouts.

Eugene Parker is Crabs agent.

Thanks!
This guy was literally a joke today. Every play he was getting beat or was on his ass. Not looking like a pro bowler
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
This guy was literally a joke today. Every play he was getting beat or was on his ass. Not looking like a pro bowler

This could work on in our favor. How much could he be asking for now? Then again, do we even want him starting at next year.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM ]
Iupati/Kilgore are VERY lucky CK didn't get seriously injured today.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This could work on in our favor. How much could he be asking for now? Then again, do we even want him starting at next year.

I'm sure he'll get better, but idk if I want him back at the moment. He'll still demand quite a bit of money
Originally posted by NCommand:
Iupati/Kilgore are VERY lucky CK didn't get seriously injured today.

At least we got Gabbert

#thehothand
He better get better or his "value" is going to TANK! What a s**tty display today.
I think Iupati is a 5 year 30-35 million dollar player with an agent looking for 5 years 40-50+ million. I'd rather re-sign Boone as he can play 3rd tackle as well. I think Boone will take less as well. Either way our guys continue to underachieve and I think Solari should be replaced as should Roman if we don't improve our O this year. Iupati has regressed each year minus 2012... some due to injuries but he doesn't seem like he has gained much strength and his pass pro has gotten worse each year. I'm not so sure his run game hasn't gotten worse each year too.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM ]
  • Liono
The announcers kept talking about Boone, but all I saw today is Iupati getting blown by multiple times, it resulted in Kap getting hit and run plays getting blown up. What's up with him?? If he's hurt why would he be playing in pre-season?

this guy has gotten worse, no way to sugar coat it. has trouble in pass pro and get beat in the run game now too.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Wrong thread.
[ Edited by TyCore on Aug 24, 2014 at 4:11 PM ]
Comically bad game from Iupati today. Really questioning his value atm
I do not think we make much of an effort to re-sign him.
Is it just me or has he been bad this preseason
Share 49ersWebzone