There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Iupati

If Iupati commands huge money on the FA market, they'll let him walk because now that Kaepernick is almost done with his indoctrination into being a pocket passer, they're going to be developing more of a passing game next season. Iupati's strength is not pass protection or screens. He's a great mauler in the run game. If he can stay at a reasonable price, they'll keep him. But if it gets too expensive, he's gone. That's my prediction.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We look that way without Crabtree because Kaep is a 1 read QB. If he would learn to develop his reads and progressions that would not be the case.

Don't you get tired of repeating that? Especially when it keeps getting more and more absurd?

It's a technique politicians use. Just keep repeating the same thing over and over and over and eventually some people will come to believe it.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It's a technique politicians use. Just keep repeating the same thing over and over and over and eventually some people will come to believe it.

Right - the Joseph Goebbles method.
Mike pulled himself from the game in the third quarter, and our run game improved, he came back and played well in the fourth. I wonder, has he been 100% at all this season. His play is off, I wonder if he has been nicked up all season. I know he missed a few games. It got me thinking, can we live with out him, or Davis?

Thinking of the cap, in non-cap era, I would not really think of toying with the O-line, but he and Davis could be expensive to keep. How would a line of Staley, Loony, Godwin, Kilgore, and Boone preform? I think we might lose some ability in pass pro and power running, but with Kaep's legs, pass pro may not be important, and if Gore retires sooner than later, we can run more stretch, zone, and screen concepts. I think this group while not as talented, and physically intimidating, might be effective.
Don't think he ever came back 100% when he got injured earlier in the year.
Davis has been resigned.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Mike pulled himself from the game in the third quarter, and our run game improved, he came back and played well in the fourth. I wonder, has he been 100% at all this season. His play is off, I wonder if he has been nicked up all season. I know he missed a few games. It got me thinking, can we live with out him, or Davis?

Thinking of the cap, in non-cap era, I would not really think of toying with the O-line, but he and Davis could be expensive to keep. How would a line of Staley, Loony, Godwin, Kilgore, and Boone preform? I think we might lose some ability in pass pro and power running, but with Kaep's legs, pass pro may not be important, and if Gore retires sooner than later, we can run more stretch, zone, and screen concepts. I think this group while not as talented, and physically intimidating, might be effective.
if you were paying attention it was only for one play that he came out
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I thought it was a whole series, I guess I was wrong, if you say so. Still during his 2 game absence, Snyder showed more speed pulling and trapping. I am not saying we dump Upati, I like his play, but this entire season, he has not show the same amazing combinations of size, speed, and power I have come to expect from him. I wonder if his injury has cost him a step, and if so will he be worth top dollar.
Upati and Davis (both amazing players) were brought in under the previous regime, with idea of a power run game, and drop back passing game, once Frank Gore retires, will we still want to run power, or will we look for a speedier slashing style that better suits LMJ, Hunter, and Hampton? Does Latimore run better north south, behind power blocking schemes? I am just looking ahead at the cap, and the style of runner we have been drafting under the new regime, and wondering if we can get by with less talent, and money at tackle.Either way, in Harbaugh I trust!

Go Niners!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Jan 13, 2014 at 8:15 AM ]

I thought it was a whole series, I guess I was wrong, if you say so. Still during his 2 game absence, Snyder showed more speed pulling and trapping. I am not saying we dump Upati, I like his play, but this entire season, he has not show the same amazing combinations of size, speed, and power I have come to expect from him. I wonder if his injury has cost him a step, and if so will he be worth top dollar.
Upati and Davis (both amazing players) were brought in under the previous regime, with idea of a power run game, and drop back passing game, once Frank Gore retires, will we still want to run power, or will we look for a speedier slashing style that better suits LMJ, Hunter, and Hampton? Does Latimore run better north south, behind power blocking schemes? I am just looking ahead at the cap, and the style of runner we have been drafting under the new regime, and wondering if we can get by with less talent, and money at tackle.Either way, in Harbaugh I trust!

Go Niners!
yeah he came back in after one play...right after Announcers said he checked out..they said he was back in.

Iupati is probably not 100% but it a way better snyder ..Snyder misses to many blocks and gets Kaep killed on plays

on Paper... Lattimore is better in every category then Gore....But, we don't know how much heart Lattimore has.

Gore loves his team and loves the 49ers..he's so focused right now

Go Niners!
yeah he came back in after one play...right after Announcers said he checked out..they said he was back in.

Iupati is probably not 100% but it a way better snyder ..Snyder misses to many blocks and gets Kaep killed on plays

on Paper... Lattimore is better in every category then Gore....But, we don't know how much heart Lattimore has.

I wouldn't trade Frank the world, right now, but next season if say the worst were to happen in Seattle, or in New York, there will be moves to be made, cap room to consider, and the future of the team, hell even if we win it all these things will come into play! So, lets hope for the best, and plan for the worst!

Let's go get numbers six, because you can't get seven, until you have six!

Go Niners!

Davis was signed to a longer term contract and Goodwin will not be back. I think the line you suggest wouldn't be bad but Goodwin would need to be replaced.

Go Niners!

I wouldn't trade Frank the world, right now, but next season if say the worst were to happen in Seattle, or in New York, there will be moves to be made, cap room to consider, and the future of the team, hell even if we win it all these things will come into play! So, lets hope for the best, and plan for the worst!

Go Niners!

No way should they trade Gore but I wouldn't extend his deal either. I would hope they win it all this year and then next year Gore would accept a pay-cut for a farewell tour.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We look that way without Crabtree because Kaep is a 1 read QB. If he would learn to develop his reads and progressions that would not be the case.

Don't you get tired of repeating that? Especially when it keeps getting more and more absurd?

SD49er is wrong most of the time, so just think the opposite of what is posted and you are golden
Originally posted by saj4423:

Davis was signed to a longer term contract and Goodwin will not be back. I think the line you suggest wouldn't be bad but Goodwin would need to be replaced.

Yeah, mainly just thinking off places to find money for Aldon, Boldin,and Kaep.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Jan 13, 2014 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by saj4423:

Go Niners!

Go Niners!

No way should they trade Gore but I wouldn't extend his deal either. I would hope they win it all this year and then next year Gore would accept a pay-cut for a farewell tour.

I'd take that, but would Gore? and with all our draft picks, players hidden on IR and the practice squad, do we have room for farewell tours?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home