There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Iupati

Iupati and Aldon ...we gotta keep them .....an elite offensive lineman and an elite pass rusher are not easy to find

as much as I like Kap , his contract could cripple us if he is to be paid top 5 QB money , and having quality depth for every position will be a thing of the past, because we wont have the scratch to make many moves ....I look at the Flacco situation, and how much his contract handcuffed the team and limited their options, but if Kap wins us #6 ...then maybe I'll change my tune

Crabtree is a solid WR with great hands , he is obviously Kap's security blanket and a chain moving receiver that needs to be accounted for , and the offense is much better with him in on the field ....but if we pay top dollar for both Kap and Crabtree, we wont have much cash to improve the roster

but we'll cross that bridge when we get there
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Dec 23, 2013 at 9:11 AM ]
After this year, I don't see us trying to sign Kap for big guarantee money. Maybe, I see us working towards a good number on performance based metrics.
I'm not sure why anybody would be thinking Kaep is getting top 5 qb money. Know Iupati might warrant highest paid guard int eh league money. In that case he's gonna be gone. Aldon is gonna be tricky. HE deserves top dollar based on his play. But his off the field issues are a major problem. His contract is gonna be huge.
[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 23, 2013 at 9:46 AM ]
I'm not sure either Iupati or Kap get top dollar at this point. Iupati was not having as good of a year this year as last year, plus he got hurt. Kap is definitely not a top 5 QB at this point.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm not sure why anybody would be thinking Kaep is getting top 5 qb money. Know Iupati might warrant highest paid guard int eh league money. In that case he's gonna be gone. Aldon is gonna be tricky. HE deserves top dollar based on his play. But his off the field issues are a major problem. His contract is gonna be huge.

I actually think we get all 3 for respectable 2nd contracts for the reasons listed. Iupati maybe not, but I think Kap and Aldon sign good contracts with us this offseason.
What is the possibility of trading Iupati for a 1st round pick?
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

I doubt that happens although I personally wouldn't be against it if they know they won't be able to afford to keep Iupati. Crabtree has proven to be far more valuable to this offense IMO.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

I doubt that happens although I personally wouldn't be against it if they know they won't be able to afford to keep Iupati. Crabtree has proven to be far more valuable to this offense IMO.

Why NOT get value if he clearly NOT going to be back I would do it

None.
maybe not a first but we could definitely get something for an all pro guard in his prime. if we can get a 2nd or something id go for it. were gonna get a 3rd for him in compensation anyway so anything higher than that is a plus. or we can just let him play out his deal, having him beast out for us for another year or two wouldnt be a bad thing
He really needs to step up his game this weekend

Yes and no. Iupati has rarely missed any significant time and Crabs doesn't get the ball if Kap is on his ass.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Yes and no. Iupati has rarely missed any significant time and Crabs doesn't get the ball if Kap is on his ass.

Iupati this season though has not been performing well, he's not been doing well in pass protection or run blocking according to his grading on the likes of Football Outsiders.
Iupati has been bad this year. He's just not very consistent.

Crabtree has injury issues, but he gets better every year and is very consistent.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Iupati has been bad this year. He's just not very consistent.

Crabtree has injury issues, but he gets better every year and is very consistent.

He hasn't been bad. He's had some injury problems. That's not the same thing. He's an absolute beast and arguably the best G in the league when healthy. You don't give that up easily. He's responsible for us being able to run up the middle so effectively. That's a big part of our game.