There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Iupati

He Double Kaep
Iupati is the man, would love for us to lock him up for a reasonable price
per NFL.com

Iupati is a more dominant talent than new Tennessee Titansguard Andy Levitre, who recently signed a six-year, $46.8 million contract. Iupati should be aiming even higher in contract talks.

Somehow, I feel like we can avoid a contract like that by signing him to an extension as opposed to a FA contract like Levitre. But worst case, are we looking at a 6yr $50M contract ? And if so, how f*ed are we?
If the money is in the ballpark go for it. Goldson took a huge risk, I know it paid off but there was too much risk involved. If the team goes with a wideout early I believe it will send a message to Crabtree. Kaep will definitely get paid, I'm not sure of Aldon, his price tag will be off the charts. That leaves Crabtree last in line. I think Iupati will get done sooner rather than later.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
per NFL.com

Iupati is a more dominant talent than new Tennessee Titansguard Andy Levitre, who recently signed a six-year, $46.8 million contract. Iupati should be aiming even higher in contract talks.

Somehow, I feel like we can avoid a contract like that by signing him to an extension as opposed to a FA contract like Levitre. But worst case, are we looking at a 6yr $50M contract ? And if so, how f*ed are we?
FA or not they gonna have to give him something in that range. Can't low ball the guy. How much guaranteed money did Levitre get?
Is this a sign of someone else getting cut though (Goodwin whitner Rogers )?????? We don't have much cap left after tha Davis deal someone has to go ....
Should be better than the way the Niners handled Justin Smiley way back when Scott McCloughan was GM. The dude let Smiley walked because he didn't believed in paying OG that much money, never mind that the FA value for guards had changed after Steve Hutchinson got paid. Chilo Rachal entered the picture

Smiley's FA contract was decent and fair a year later because the market was going up.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 15, 2013 at 10:14 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
salary cap hell here we come

Not sure about that we don't spend much in FA anyway ...we pay our own players not overpriced FAs...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Not sure about that we don't spend much in FA anyway ...we pay our own players not overpriced FAs...
and i have lots of confidence this regime will not let us fall into that hole again. it means we will probably not be much a a major player in regards to free agency but we really are not now. just gotta hope the kids we draft turn out well
Singletary did one of his many jobs well. Our o-line is here to stay,
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Is this a sign of someone else getting cut though (Goodwin whitner Rogers )?????? We don't have much cap left after tha Davis deal someone has to go ....

I think it will affect the 2015 cap.
Yes!!! Best OLine in NFL stays intact for few more years.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
per NFL.com

FA or not they gonna have to give him something in that range. Can't low ball the guy. How much guaranteed money did Levitre get?

But Iupati is not a free agent, so we might be able to get Iupati for less.
[ Edited by dhp318 on Apr 15, 2013 at 10:59 AM ]
I doubt it. There is a ton of money coming off in the next few years and players can also get restructured.

Think about the players not locked in and I doubt will be back long term:

Whitner
Nnamdi-Unless he's awesome
Dorsey
Justin-Unless it's cheap
Gore-getting old
Boldin-?
Rogers
Manningham
Dawson

And a couple of guys we are unsure about:
Brown-hopefully we keep him
Culliver-will see, but again hopefully

That's a ton of turnover for our team that we can handle keeping onto our core.
Originally posted by JoeCos:
Yes!!! Best OLine in NFL stays intact for few more years.

Not quite intact. New Center needed now or soon