There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Iupati

Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 9erred:
Steve Hutchinson and Carl Nicks left as guards with big FA deals, they did not play that great on their second team. I love Iupati, but i predicted a long time ago that he would be the odd man out for big contracts.

1. Aldon Smith- he will get his pay day with 9ers, now probably in 2015.
2. CK7- I think the mediocre 2013 will give the Niners leverage to get a 5 year deal out of CK7 this off season. It will be below elite level but he will make in the 15-18 range.
3. Michael Crabtree- sigh, I do not know about him because of injury, but he is a true #1 WR, he will be shown the money.
4. Iupati- I think they let him walk and sign Boone to an extension. Just my belief.
That's a tad too high for me.

No freaking way I'm paying Kap anything close to that.

Crabs can walk. He's a solid starter but not a top 10 wr by any means.

I agree Boone is way more valuable than iupati.

Obviously you or I do not work in Santa Clara, and will not negotiate contracts. That being said I am predicting CK7's next contract averages 15-18 million a year. He is the starting qb, and that appears to be the going rate with elite qb's topping 20 million a year. Just my prediction. Any amount signed lower would be ideal.
That's almost as much as Rodgers is making after winning an MVP and a super bowl. Kaep will be closer to $12-$14mil assuming he continues to develop.
I couldnt believe this quote from profootballfocus

"Adam Snyder stepped in for the injured Mike Iupati in the Saints game. He has given the Niners a nice push in the run game, while struggling a bit in the passing game. This is pretty similar to Iupati's production pre-injury. His +4.5 run blocking grade is already approaching the +5.5 grade that Iupati posted and the pass blocking for Snyder and Iupati is about identical. Now granted, this isn't the dominant run blocking Iupati from 2012, but Snyder has been a solid replacement thus far."

As bad as Snyder?? dude looks like hes on skates out on the field. but Iupati just as bad? blew me away
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
I couldnt believe this quote from profootballfocus

"Adam Snyder stepped in for the injured Mike Iupati in the Saints game. He has given the Niners a nice push in the run game, while struggling a bit in the passing game. This is pretty similar to Iupati's production pre-injury. His +4.5 run blocking grade is already approaching the +5.5 grade that Iupati posted and the pass blocking for Snyder and Iupati is about identical. Now granted, this isn't the dominant run blocking Iupati from 2012, but Snyder has been a solid replacement thus far."

As bad as Snyder?? dude looks like hes on skates out on the field. but Iupati just as bad? blew me away

I read that and had the same thought! He won't be getting big money.
At the beginning of this season, I told myself, Iupati over Crabtree. Then the passing offense struggle so mightily without Crabtree during his absence....well, I'm going with Crabtree over Iupati now.
[ Edited by sacleads on Dec 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM ]
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Steve Hutchinson and Carl Nicks left as guards with big FA deals, they did not play that great on their second team. I love Iupati, but i predicted a long time ago that he would be the odd man out for big contracts.

1. Aldon Smith- he will get his pay day with 9ers, now probably in 2015.
2. CK7- I think the mediocre 2013 will give the Niners leverage to get a 5 year deal out of CK7 this off season. It will be below elite level but he will make in the 15-18 range.
3. Michael Crabtree- sigh, I do not know about him because of injury, but he is a true #1 WR, he will be shown the money.
4. Iupati- I think they let him walk and sign Boone to an extension. Just my belief.
That's a tad too high for me.

No freaking way I'm paying Kap anything close to that.

Crabs can walk. He's a solid starter but not a top 10 wr by any means.

I agree Boone is way more valuable than iupati.

Obviously you or I do not work in Santa Clara, and will not negotiate contracts. That being said I am predicting CK7's next contract averages 15-18 million a year. He is the starting qb, and that appears to be the going rate with elite qb's topping 20 million a year. Just my prediction. Any amount signed lower would be ideal.

Guys, what did we offer Alex per year? That may be your starting point here as to what OUR front office may start at...and consider it may be lower as we'll be offering him a LT contract vs. a 2 year deal.
Originally posted by sacleads:
At the beginning of this season, I told myself, Iupati over Crabtree. Then the passing offense struggle so mightily without Crabtree during his absence....well, I'm going with Crabtree over Iupati now.

This is what I said as well. Although it's probably more expensive to retain Crabtree, it's also harder to hit at receiver. If push comes to shove, I wouldn't be upset if they resigned Crabtree, Boldin, moved up for a speedster in the draft and got one of the top guards that are sure to be available.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by sacleads:

This is what I said as well. Although it's probably more expensive to retain Crabtree, it's also harder to hit at receiver. If push comes to shove, I wouldn't be upset if they resigned Crabtree, Boldin, moved up for a speedster in the draft and got one of the top guards that are sure to be available.

I think Iupati has been suffering from injuries all year. That shoulder seemed to limit him quite a bit. The guys a beast. He can be downright dominant and i think signing him is hella more prudent than Crabs. Were a running team. as long as Harbs is in town thats what well be. With Gore retiring we need a badass Oline till maybe Lattimore can get up to Gore's level. A possession WR would be easier to draft id think specially with the abundance of draft picks.

Despite his down year i still think Iupati over Crabs. keep our young dominant Oline together for 10+ years i say.
I think Iupati has been suffering from injuries all year. That shoulder seemed to limit him quite a bit. The guys a beast. He can be downright dominant and i think signing him is hella more prudent than Crabs. Were a running team. as long as Harbs is in town thats what well be. With Gore retiring we need a badass Oline till maybe Lattimore can get up to Gore's level. A possession WR would be easier to draft id think specially with the abundance of draft picks.

Despite his down year i still think Iupati over Crabs. keep our young dominant Oline together for 10+ years i say.

How helpful was Iupati when Crab was out?

Lets keep our #1 WR bexause clearly those are more important. Unless you liked the WR situation at the beginning of the year. Iupati is expendable. Crabtree return has markwd thw resurgence of thw offense. Iupati absense has basically been a seamless transiation. Resign Boone in a couple of years and let Iupati walk.
Originally posted by eonblue:

Lets keep our #1 WR bexause clearly those are more important. Unless you liked the WR situation at the beginning of the year. Iupati is expendable. Crabtree return has markwd thw resurgence of thw offense. Iupati absense has basically been a seamless transiation. Resign Boone in a couple of years and let Iupati walk.

This is pretty much my feeling as well. It's much easier to find an decent guard than it is to find a WR like crabs. I like iupati a lot, I also love the idea of a dominant offensive line but if push comes to shove I wouldn't want to resign Iupati at the expense of crabs.

Crabtree is far more prudent to our offense than Iupati is and his absence the majority of the season proved it. Since his return, Kap and the passing offense has been noticeably better and improved and I don't think it's a coincidence with Crabs back in the lineup. Can't say there's been too much of a drop off with Iupati out and Snyder starting (PFF indicates the same). Certainly replaceable.
Originally posted by eonblue:

!!
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Crabtree is far more prudent to our offense than Iupati is and his absence the majority of the season proved it. Since his return, Kap and the passing offense has been noticeably better and improved and I don't think it's a coincidence with Crabs back in the lineup. Can't say there's been too much of a drop off with Iupati out and Snyder starting (PFF indicates the same). Certainly replaceable.

Agree. If Iupati would take a nice deal for the team would love for him to stay, but it looks like he already refused a deal earlier this off-season. We have to have Crabtree over Iupati as of right now.

Wait a minute!! Gore's retiring?? Do you know something that we don't? Who's your unnamed source?
Iupati would be more important to a statue of a qb even though iupatis pass blocking is above average, since kaep can avoid pressure the ol isn't as important as a wr that can get open. After this year nobody would argue that iupati is more of a priority than Crabtree and that's bc it's the truth. We need Crabtree more than iupati