There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Iupati

I personally don't want us to resign Iupati. If he wants to sign for $4m per yr than by all means but this team can't afford to lock anymore huge $ in non critical positions. You can't afford a $20 million/yr qb in todays nfl when you have $40 million/yr tied up in 2 mlb, 1 G, and 1 RT. Yes he is a solid player but 1) he plays the most replaceable offensive position in the NFL and 2) he is not as elite as everyone seems to think (very good not elite).

We need to focus on retaining Kaep, Aldon, and Crabtree. We can get an above average plug and play starter with a 1st or 2nd rd pick. You can't say that about qb, olb, or wr.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Sep 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM ]
Iupati got raped BAD last game. Hope he rebounds.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I personally don't want us to resign Iupati. If he wants to sign for $4m per yr than by all means but this team can't afford to lock anymore huge $ in non critical positions. You can't afford a $20 million/yr qb in todays nfl when you have $40 million/yr tied up in 2 mlb, 1 G, and 1 RT. Yes he is a solid player but 1) he plays the most replaceable offensive position in the NFL and 2) he is not as elite as everyone seems to think (very good not elite).

We need to focus on retaining Kaep, Aldon, and Crabtree. We can get an above average plug and play starter with a 1st or 2nd rd pick. You can't say that about qb, olb, or wr.

A quarterback is only as good as his line. A receiver is only as good as his qb who is only as good as his line.

Describing the O line as non critical positions is puzzling. And wrong.
Iupati isn't going anywhere - GET over it!
Originally posted by mayo49:
We're probably going to let Crabtree wallk so that money should go to Iupati.

If we offer him an extension next summer with $15 million guaranteed he should jump at it.
Originally posted by English:
Seriously, no NFL team lets a guy like Iupati go. When they are 30-odd, maybe. Not when they are only three years into their career. If Dallas or Seattle did this we would all be laughing at them, so why is it even being discussed? Unless he decides he is worth quarterback money it simply isn't going to happen.

End thread.

New Orleans let Carl Nicks go. You really don't have room to pay 3 offensive lineman huge money. Personally I'd roll my dice on Boone at LG and a rookie RG over losing Crabtree.

Tough decisions coming ahead.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
New Orleans let Carl Nicks go. You really don't have room to pay 3 offensive lineman huge money. Personally I'd roll my dice on Boone at LG and a rookie RG over losing Crabtree.

We don't even know what kind of reciever crabtree will be when he returns. It maybe wise to let crabtree go. We don't know yet.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by English:
Seriously, no NFL team lets a guy like Iupati go. When they are 30-odd, maybe. Not when they are only three years into their career. If Dallas or Seattle did this we would all be laughing at them, so why is it even being discussed? Unless he decides he is worth quarterback money it simply isn't going to happen.

End thread.

Good point.
Still won't be able to block Seattle
  • titan
  • Veteran
Iupati and Kap are Guaratee.....Aldon not anymore?
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

We will in SFO. Cmon man! Where are we getting this stuff. Record decibel levels
To be honest, I never ever liked this guy. I was happy with the Anthony Davis selection but then with the 16th pick 5 spots later, I wanted the 49ers to take Dez Bryant to go with Crabtree. Coulda plugged in Snyder or signed a veteran 2nd tier guard. Rule of thumb in the NFL, NEVER EVER TREVOR SEVER draft a guard in the 1st round. EVER. Guards are for the late 2nd round and on. Look at History, Will Shields 3rd round, Larry Allen 2nd round, Jesse Sapolu 11th round. etc etc. I hated the IUPATI pick straight up speaking. Plus he's been getting whipped in pass blocking.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

We will in SFO. Cmon man! Where are we getting this stuff. Record decibel levels

I don't blame it on the crowd as much as much of yall do. They kicked our ass plain and simple. I mean we barely beat them at our house last year...
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Sep 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
You can shift Boone to LG, slide Davis at RG, and draft an offensive tackle on the right side
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
To be honest, I never ever liked this guy. I was happy with the Anthony Davis selection but then with the 16th pick 5 spots later, I wanted the 49ers to take Dez Bryant to go with Crabtree. Coulda plugged in Snyder or signed a veteran 2nd tier guard. Rule of thumb in the NFL, NEVER EVER TREVOR SEVER draft a guard in the 1st round. EVER. Guards are for the late 2nd round and on. Look at History, Will Shields 3rd round, Larry Allen 2nd round, Jesse Sapolu 11th round. etc etc. I hated the IUPATI pick straight up speaking. Plus he's been getting whipped in pass blocking.

Yeah I'm pretty pissed we picked one the best guards in the NFL too... It's a shame b/c our dominant offensive line has played no part in us going far in the postseason the past 2 seasons.