There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Iupati

Ditto what others have said about Kap needing the OL in tact. Also when I think of Marcus Lattimore specifically I really believe we have to keep and will keep iupati. If we keep Lattimore on reserve I think he might lose a season accrued towards free agency. This happens and we could be looking at starting 2014 with 4 years of a healthy 38 on his rookie contract with a year to watch Gore. This could be the ultimate bargain and we need big Mike paving the way for him to fully realize his potential
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 24, 2013 at 6:11 AM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
you can't have a ton of money wrapped up in OG and expect to maintain a top team. the money has to be divvied up to more important players in their primes.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Ditto what others have said about Kap needing the OL in tact. Also when I think of Marcus Lattimore specifically I really believe we have to keep and will keep iupati. If we keep Lattimore on reserve I think he might lose a season accrued towards free agency. This happens and we could be looking at starting 2014 with 4 years of a healthy 38 on his rookie contract with a year to watch Gore. This could be the ultimate bargain and we need big Mike paving the way for him to fully realize his potential

Any change of your thoughts regarding the signing of Iupati? Looks like they will wait until the end of the season. Odds are not looking good.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Cut Goodwin, promote Kilgore, sign him to a longterm low wage salary and then use the money to sign Iupati.
the offensive line is the single most important group to keep together. you can have a middlin' defense and an average quarterback and make it to the playoffs if your OL is the best. I could make plays if i had five seconds in the pocket. it all starts in the trenches
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
kilgore's got to prove he's not going to get walked-back by front-line defenders. jury's still out on kilgore. imo, he still needs at least 10 more pounds of muscle.
Remember, huge money will be going to Kaep and Aldon. I am not a salary cap expert, but, I think it's going to be tough. T. Brown is probably gone. He can get big money.
Originally posted by xtm059:
the offensive line is the single most important group to keep together. you can have a middlin' defense and an average quarterback and make it to the playoffs if your OL is the best. I could make plays if i had five seconds in the pocket. it all starts in the trenches

You can get there with an average QB once, but a great QB has you in the running every year, regardless of your team make-up.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
he deserves it just as much if not more than Anthony Davis.

The FO disagrees, or it would have been done by now. I for one think Iupati is way overrated by this board. He's got talent with once in a decade physical tools, but he doesn't play that way. He still gets beat on quickness and by technically sound guys. He's a boarder line pro bowler that is not worth the money he will probably ask for. Yes, the line is important, but the choice isn't between Iupati and practice squad player. The choice is between Iupati and Looney/Kilgore or some 3rd round draft pick who'll be way cheaper. So far he isn't on track for a HOF career and those are the only kind of guards that might be worth the cash, IMHO.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Iupati is Hall of Fame material....you resign him and don't think twice about it.

this.

I've read your stuff for a long time Ghost and I respect your opinion, so I'd like to hear why you think he's a HOFer? I think he's only been to one problem and hasn't even cracked the NFL top 100. Before you laugh at that, there is some merit to how your piers see you.
Iupati > Kilgore + Looney
Originally posted by mod:
Cut Goodwin, promote Kilgore, sign him to a longterm low wage salary and then use the money to sign Iupati.

At this point, cutting Goodwin would hurt worse than keeping him for the season. Also, Kilgore is a former 5th round pick. He's going to want a fair deal, particularly if he's the starter.
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Iupati is Hall of Fame material....you resign him and don't think twice about it.

this.

I've read your stuff for a long time Ghost and I respect your opinion, so I'd like to hear why you think he's a HOFer? I think he's only been to one problem and hasn't even cracked the NFL top 100. Before you laugh at that, there is some merit to how your piers see you.

He is a first team all pro, pro bowler and is only going to get better. f**k the top 100
Iupati needs to be a 49er for life.