There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Iupati

if the talent of WR=G, you easily pay the WR

However, Iupati>Crabtree, so in this case, i rather keep iupati than Crabs. The thing i don't like about Iupati is that he holds a little more than my taste.
I think Iupati is going to be easier to sign then people think. Guy comes from very little money and SF is as close as you can get in the NFL to your family and friends still living in the Samoan islands. He doesn't seem like the type to want the label of being the highest paid at the position. All just a hunch of course since I don't know the guy
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
To call Iupati HOF material at this point is absolutely ludicrous. He's outstanding, yes, but has a LONG way to go.
Originally posted by SaksV:
To call Iupati HOF material at this point is absolutely ludicrous. He's outstanding, yes, but has a LONG way to go.

give him another 7 yrs to determine this.

Willis is knocking on the door, doe.
Stupidest thread ever....
Originally posted by Squidp:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
he deserves it just as much if not more than Anthony Davis.
Nope. Davis is younger and plays tackle. Much easier to replace Guards.

This... I do fear that Davis has met his Prime early and will dwindle but my gut agrees with you on this one.
Originally posted by Mercuryspeed:
This... I do fear that Davis has met his Prime early and will dwindle but my gut agrees with you on this one.

Davis has gotten better every season and he is still yet very very young and he hasn't reached his prime athletic years yet. Under this staff, at his age, with his talent he could become the best RT in the NFL and if so then we got him at a good rate
Originally posted by Mercuryspeed:
I don't fear he's anywhere near his prime at 23.
Would like to sign him, but don't want to overpay to keep him. Hopefully he re-signs for a decent price.
Originally posted by SaksV:

IMVHO, he has the makings of a HoF career meaning the early production, position-dominance, skill-set, individual success and team success is all there so far. On-going dominance, success and longevity will obviously be the main factors, but the materials are all there. Again, just my crazy opinion based on what I see, and if I were making the decisions in the front office, I would see him that way and would invest in him as such.
I think when you have arguably the best O-line in the league, you try real hard to keep it together. It kind of reminds me of the early 90's Cowboys approach to the o-line. The only exception is probably going to be Goodwin because of age and price.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I think when you have arguably the best O-line in the league, you try real hard to keep it together. It kind of reminds me of the early 90's Cowboys approach to the o-line. The only exception is probably going to be Goodwin because of age and price.

+1
AB projects we'll have $20+ mil in cap space next year. That's more than enough cash to extend Iupati and hopefully a few others.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
AB projects we'll have $20+ mil in cap space next year. That's more than enough cash to extend Iupati and hopefully a few others.

That's great news. There will be enough for Iupati, Kaepernick and maybe Crabtree to boot.
Originally posted by 60sfan:
I love Iupati, I know he is a top talent, but he may not be a slam dunk to sign. He to will command big money and I don't think Balke wants to pay OT money to him, but someone else probably will. Although he is top notch, they may feel Looney and Kilgore can do the job well enough.

you're crazy man, iupati is a beast. we need to have a top of the line o line and dline.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home