There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Iupati

Originally posted by mayo49:
We have to by all means keep our OL together.

QB, Oline, and Dline.... everything else can come and go
Originally posted by mod:

and coach too! Don't forget Harbs.
We're probably going to let Crabtree wallk so that money should go to Iupati.

Let the best WR the team has had In over 10 years walk right when he is entering his prime. I like iupati a lot too but it is easier to replace a guard and he may already be on roster in looney an Kilgore. One of this 2 could be trained for chump change compared to iupati. Cruz is getting paid 9/year with Giants. That is right around Crabtree I would think. With kaepernick and Crabtree this offense can really develop.
Originally posted by mod:

1. QB
2a. Pass Rusher
2b. OT
3. D line

Guards can come and go
Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for Rsrkshn.
Originally posted by btwagner:
We're probably going to let Crabtree wallk so that money should go to Iupati.

Let the best WR the team has had In over 10 years walk right when he is entering his prime. I like iupati a lot too but it is easier to replace a guard and he may already be on roster in looney an Kilgore. One of this 2 could be trained for chump change compared to iupati. Cruz is getting paid 9/year with Giants. That is right around Crabtree I would think. With kaepernick and Crabtree this offense can really develop.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I think that an elite guard (is Iupati that?) is worth more than Crabtree. I like Crabtree, but he is damaged goods. Also a great QB makes all the difference with receivers. Look at what Brady does every year. Does anyone think that he will tank this year?

This offense with this QB will develop, irrespective of whether Crabtree is here. The most important component is now in place.
This season will definitely prove whether we truly need crabs or not
Everyone saying not to keep Crabtree are insane. Kaep loves him and they have a great connection that can only get better. I love Iupati but a #1 receiver is a lot more important then a LG.
Originally posted by btwagner:

We still have to see how Crabtree recovers from this Achilles tear. Until then Iupati should be a higher priority to re-sign.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Pay him and let Crabtree go and Carlos Rogers if necessary.

This. We're done with the days is worrying about a WR making a QB better. Hopefully the FO focuses on keeping Kap upright and the running game healthy.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
This season will definitely prove whether we truly need crabs or not

Noob potd
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Once Jonathan Goodwin, Carlos Rogers and Donte Whitner are released next year (Ahmad Brooks and T. Brown possibly as well) and Justin Smith retires, the team will have enough money for Aldon, Kaep, Iupati AND Crabtree...

The team has players in place to replace those names either right now (Culliver and Kilgore/Looney) or via development (Carradine and Lemonier) and also have draft options in 2014 to fill the void.

I personally think the team would be making a huge mistake by letting Crabtree walk.

If we're talking changeable components to an offense or the value of each position, in my opinion, Left Guard ranks below Wide Receiver.
[ Edited by SaksV on Jul 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Avants49:
Everyone saying not to keep Crabtree are insane. Kaep loves him and they have a great connection that can only get better. I love Iupati but a #1 receiver is a lot more important then a LG.

Crabs is injury prone and replaceable. Dude had a great season last year, but hasn't show enough to me to want to pay him over proven guys.
Iupati is Hall of Fame material....you resign him and don't think twice about it.
Iupati a top 3 guard easy. Won't find another better one that young.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Iupati is Hall of Fame material....you resign him and don't think twice about it.

this.