LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Jerome Simpson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Dammit can't we ever get any frickin good news for once this offseason.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by dald1:
I've wanted us to move up for both OBJ and cooper but is it worth moving your whole draft for one player? Especially on a run first team? The only miss I can think of was picking AJ over Jeffery...I think our new WR coach has done a good job so far an hopefully we will finally see some development because of it (old coaching staff didn't show very much in that regard).
Ur right I wouldn't have wanted to trade up a whole draft to get them but Jenkins over Jeffrey is a huge miss and theres other instances but whatever is what it is lol

The only issue with Jeffery was he was fat an out of shape his last year in college and at the combine...he had a horrible work ethic, but like you said it's all done with now lol.
That is the hard thing that some webzoners don't just get-sometimes a light bulb comes on after or sometimes it goes out after. Bowman is an light coming on later. Who knows, Jeffrey for all we know didn't want to go high and be picked on cellar team? then again, who am I kidding, they are not that bright. They are not like Elway or the Mannings.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

What do you mean, did you not here that they are reducing the price of beer by .25 cents...

Sure, Simpson is a blessing in disguise if you look for the silver lining, will allow White to make the 53, cause chance are if White is that good some other team will scoop him up as he won't see the practice squad. Plus technically, teams won't have any current game films on how we use him until later, an X factor.

No?

Well, Purcell and Haynes was surprisingly good in the first exhibition and it seems Okoye is finally ready to possibly break thru.
Man. Quinton Patton must be living right. n***a got nine lives. This is once again his shot to lose.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by susweel:
BTW you guys see Jalen Strong catch a td against us yeah that Jalen strong that we could have drafted, but no he'd rather sign a dude who he knew was gonna get suspended for 6 games.

Strong came off the board before we picked in the 3rd round...and had we moved up to select him then we don't land Harold who now has a chance to see a little meaningful playing time.

Simpson is being paid peanuts, has no guaranteed money on his deal and was never guaranteed a roster spot. He is a vet who could push the young guys for a roster spot. We opted to improve the WR position before we went into the draft so we would not be pigeonholed into drafting for needs and could instead take the BPA on our draft board (not what you or some analyst considers BPA as those guys and yourself are not accounting for scheme fits).

You are overreacting for the sake of taking a shot at Baalke.

Context and facts are a muthaeffer!

All baalke has done is tarnish the 49er brand by bringing in these trouble makers.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by crake49:
I don't know why people are surprised. This was always going to happen. Sure, if he were a Cowboy or a Packer it would be only a couple games, but this isn't bad. He'll be back before the season is half over.

They knew this was going to happen before they signed him. No, big deal.
This. No big deal, move on.

Originally posted by HERN:

What do you mean, did you not here that they are reducing the price of beer by .25 cents...

we are blessed

[ Edited by BodhiPaddlesOut on Aug 18, 2015 at 3:57 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
well Patton is safe

Is he still around? I haven't heard about or seen him do anything so far this offseason.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
BTW you guys see Jalen Strong catch a td against us yeah that Jalen strong that we could have drafted, but no he'd rather sign a dude who he knew was gonna get suspended for 6 games.

Strong came off the board before we picked in the 3rd round...and had we moved up to select him then we don't land Harold who now has a chance to see a little meaningful playing time.

Simpson is being paid peanuts, has no guaranteed money on his deal and was never guaranteed a roster spot. He is a vet who could push the young guys for a roster spot. We opted to improve the WR position before we went into the draft so we would not be pigeonholed into drafting for needs and could instead take the BPA on our draft board (not what you or some analyst considers BPA as those guys and yourself are not accounting for scheme fits).

You are overreacting for the sake of taking a shot at Baalke.

Context and facts are a muthaeffer!

All baalke has done is tarnish the 49er brand by bringing in these trouble makers.

win with class!
Winning with class....
  • evil
  • Veteran
Ur right I wouldn't have wanted to trade up a whole draft to get them but Jenkins over Jeffrey is a huge miss and theres other instances but whatever is what it is lol

Jenkins turned out to be a miss but passing on Alshon is not a huge miss. Alshon has Alshon to blame for falling, and also Alshon's best fit is at flanker same as Crabtree. We needed to find someone who could compete at split end.
Originally posted by WildBill:
I've wanted us to move up for both OBJ and cooper but is it worth moving your whole draft for one player? Especially on a run first team? The only miss I can think of was picking AJ over Jeffery...I think our new WR coach has done a good job so far an hopefully we will finally see some development because of it (old coaching staff didn't show very much in that regard).

The only issue with Jeffery was he was fat an out of shape his last year in college and at the combine...he had a horrible work ethic, but like you said it's all done with now lol.
That is the hard thing that some webzoners don't just get-sometimes a light bulb comes on after or sometimes it goes out after. Bowman is an light coming on later. Who knows, Jeffrey for all we know didn't want to go high and be picked on cellar team? then again, who am I kidding, they are not that bright. They are not like Elway or the Mannings.
This nonsense about Jeffrey is pure nonsense.

People on these forums did not want him because of the SI cover. They used that cover and that cover only to say Jeffrey was fat and out of shape. There is no documentation whatsoever except for that cover that this was true. Jeffrey did everything right leading up to draft day. He work hard to slim down, (we are talking 5-10 pounds) and it was on record that his coaches preferred him at the weight he was playing in college. He just fell. It happens.

For the record, i was in the draft forum frequently that off season hyping Jeffrey and arguing with guys who said he was fat and out of shape based on one photo.

Sometimes you just miss, but i want to go on record and say everything being discussed previously here about Jeffrey is pure nonsense.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Jerome Simpson has done nothing to tarnish the 49ers, he was not arrested since signing here.
Share 49ersWebzone