There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Trent Baalke Apreciation Thread

Love the fact that Baalke doesn't believe in the "Franchise Tag", Baalke literally just attracted 60% of FA to our door with that recent statement; Scott Pioli concurred the same notion with the (dynasty-era) Patriots.

Most of the players already on our team, and 90% of the 'active' athletes in the NFL HATE THE FRANCHISE TAG, specially the new 2011-2018 CBA Tag 'requirements'. -Modern NFL players know that in this generation of the game, and with the current US economy, nothing is a sure thing, so you always want 'security', cause anything can happen during a 'career' year (just look at what happened to Josh Morgan).
Did this n*gga ever win Exec of the year?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Did this n*gga ever win Exec of the year?

Si.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by Prospector:
Originally posted by Psinex:
I guess Baalke's moves have turned out pretty good so far (didn't feel that way in the preseason, as evidenced by my pic). Carlos Rogers is proving to be a much better acquisition than Nnamdi, if you can believe that. It's possible Juan Castillo doesn't have a f'ing clue what he's doing, which is why Nnamdi looks so bad.

Juan Castillo is an oline coach in that is going to get Andy Reid fired. They are using Nmandi completely wrong. A great analysis here:

Quote:
Nnamdi Asomugha is the greatest man coverage cornerback of his generation. He spent years in an Oakland system in which he stayed to one side and built a reputation that had quarterbacks throwing anywhere else...

Would you like to have Mike Solari coordinating our defense? No offense against Solari, but that would be insane.

Completely agree. What was Andy thinking?

But I would still take Rogers at 3 million over Nnamdi in the right system at 16 million. Too much bank for one player. 10 million for a superstar (Willis) is the right move. 20? Too high. Revis isn't worth it. Nnamdi isn't worth it.

yea true about Aso but Mario Williams could be the next Justin Smith. Sometimes free agents have to looked at not simply based on dollar terms or production. Smith never leads in many catagories but dominates . Aso was a SB play by Philly: which really didnt work. Really Andy Reed doesn't know coaching. Hmmm? Corners can play for a long time at very high levels.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Baalke is being interviewed at the combine, here is some of what he said

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
From combine, #49ers GM Trent Baalke says team just wrapped up 17 straight days of draft meetings with scouts.

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke said #49ers hope to sign some of their FAs before March 13: "Will it happen? That remains to be seen," he said.

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke on using franchise tag: "We'd prefer not to use it, but we're not opposed to using it." #49ers

Matt Barrows @mattbarrows Baalke said contract talks w/ Alex Smith, team's other UFAs are under way. "We feel confident that we're going to be able to get some things done with our unrestricted free agents. But you never know."

Eric Branch
#49ers Sounds as if Baalke will take another patient approach to free agency: "It's marathon, it's not a sprint. We're going to look at every option available to us -- whether they're players on out team, or not on our team. Just like we do in the draft. It's going to be a methodical process."

Scott Kegley @ScottKegley
Baalke said he & his staff have identified around 150 "draftable" players from over 800 that they've scouted.

Scott Kegley @ScottKegley
Baalke said Justin Smith was working out at the #49ers facility 2 days after the season ended. "He's a different breed. He's a warrior."

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke hasn't watched tape of NFC Championship Game and didn't watch the Super Bowl, for obvious reasons. #49ers

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke on NFC Championship Game: "I quite honestly may never look at that tape and watch that game, for personal reasons." #49ers

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Will Aldon Smith be an every-down player in 2012? Baalke laughed. "Yeah, I think that's safe to say, yes." #49ers

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke said WR Joshua Morgan might be ahead of schedule in rehab from broken leg: "I don't see that as a problem moving forward."

Interesting. Only 150 players on their draft board.

Harbaugh looking for his players. Nice. Stanford is loaded. The best teams dominate in rounds 2-7. Ravens dominate in round 1. Better to be the former. Baalke more like Billy Beane than Theo. I like it.
I usually don't like Kevin Lynch's articles. But this one is pretty solid. http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/27/49ers-free-agent-strategy-can-lead-to-misperceptions/

He uses the Alex Smith contract as an example simply because it was so high profile. However, you can extend that strategy to every single deal Baalke has put together since he took over.

Brooks, Rogers, Willis, Goldson, McDonald, Goodwin, etc. They all follow a similar pattern:

The Niners research the bejeesus out of players and what the market will bear, and present a lone offer based upon their value to the Niners' roster. There is no negotiation. Not for anybody of any skill level. If a player thinks he can do better, then he has the right to explore his options. Some leave, some don't.

Great strategy.

Trent Baalke is one of the primary reasons we win football games. And why we're set up to do so for years to come.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I usually don't like Kevin Lynch's articles. But this one is pretty solid. http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/27/49ers-free-agent-strategy-can-lead-to-misperceptions/

He uses the Alex Smith contract as an example simply because it was so high profile. However, you can extend that strategy to every single deal Baalke has put together since he took over.

Brooks, Rogers, Willis, Goldson, McDonald, Goodwin, etc. They all follow a similar pattern:

The Niners research the bejeesus out of players and what the market will bear, and present a lone offer based upon their value to the Niners' roster. There is no negotiation. Not for anybody of any skill level. If a player thinks he can do better, then he has the right to explore his options. Some leave, some don't.

Great strategy.

Trent Baalke is one of the primary reasons we win football games. And why we're set up to do so for years to come.

But maddog told me we were classless....
The funny thing is that the MEDIA panned the Baalke pick by Jed York. The only guy who came out and said Baalke is a great football mind was Trent Dilfer. Baalke is an upgrade over McClueless. Yes, Scott picked some good guys but also had a lot of questionable picks.

The key to any organization starts with the GM.......if he's bringing in good talent at the right price it's a fantastic combination. GOOD JOB JED!
Originally posted by frenchmov:
But maddog told me we were classless....

Oh we are. Baalke should have gotten his lemming on and paid Alex like Buffalo paid Fitzpatrick even if it meant letting Brooks or Rogers walk.
I love this foo.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke hasn't watched tape of NFC Championship Game and didn't watch the Super Bowl, for obvious reasons. #49ers

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke on NFC Championship Game: "I quite honestly may never look at that tape and watch that game, for personal reasons." #49ers

Crabtree is thinking "Oh thank God!!! :)"
As much as I love Trent Baalke and love having a GM I finally fully trust, I still scratch my head when thinking about the move to not even make an offer to Costanzo. He got a 2 year/$1.865M deal from Chicago. I just want to know the logic on why he didn't wanna match that when he gave Cartwright a 1 year/$950K contract to fill the same role which basically means he just didn't want a 2nd year on the contract (in fact, the per year amount is actually a bit LESS than what we gave Cartwright) of our main core special teamer which I don't really get. Costanzo is over 4 years younger, has no wear and tear from being on the field from anything other than ST, was a great chemistry guy, was arguably the best special teamer in the league last year as he was the leader of the NFL's best special teams (and I doubt Cartwright will be as good), etc. So I'm sure Baalke has his reasons, I'm just super curious what they are.
Originally posted by andes14:
As much as I love Trent Baalke and love having a GM I finally fully trust, I still scratch my head when thinking about the move to not even make an offer to Costanzo. He got a 2 year/$1.865M deal from Chicago. I just want to know the logic on why he didn't wanna match that when he gave Cartwright a 1 year/$950K contract to fill the same role which basically means he just didn't want a 2nd year on the contract (in fact, the per year amount is actually a bit LESS than what we gave Cartwright) of our main core special teamer which I don't really get. Costanzo is over 4 years younger, has no wear and tear from being on the field from anything other than ST, was a great chemistry guy, was arguably the best special teamer in the league last year as he was the leader of the NFL's best special teams (and I doubt Cartwright will be as good), etc. So I'm sure Baalke has his reasons, I'm just super curious what they are.

Couple of reasons I can think of that might effect his decision on Costanzo. The 2year contract might cut too close to the future cap and/or Baalke rather have 1 year contract guys on ST in thinking they may put forth more effort since essentially those 1 year guy is playing for a contract. Sorta like a redux of Costanzo in 2011 with Cartwright
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 21, 2012 at 12:47 PM ]
Baalke rules. Now get us more picks.
How did Jed York manage to put together such an awesome group of coaches and front office? It all happened so fast too it came out of left field. I thought the 49ers were in a slump they wouldn't soon get out of. Bravo.