There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Trent Baalke Apreciation Thread

Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Greatest move not resigning Spikes?

How about not resigning Franklin or Lawson, and letting Clements go?

Really, best move might have been not resigning Baas--who's now out with . . . migraines.

I had no idea that this was the case....
Baalke -

Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Baalke -

Hopefully another very good off-season to come!
[ Edited by tohara3 on Dec 24, 2011 at 5:43 AM ]
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Baalke -

I appreciate
Moving on...moving up!

Clements/Lawson - down
A.Franklin - down
LaBoy/Spikes - down
Baas - down
Nolan/Manusky/Singletary - down

Baas = round 2 - TBD

Just a subtle reminder of how far we've come...with a competent FO, GM/Coaching Staff.
Baalke is being interviewed at the combine, here is some of what he said

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
From combine, #49ers GM Trent Baalke says team just wrapped up 17 straight days of draft meetings with scouts.

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke said #49ers hope to sign some of their FAs before March 13: "Will it happen? That remains to be seen," he said.

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke on using franchise tag: "We'd prefer not to use it, but we're not opposed to using it." #49ers

Matt Barrows @mattbarrows Baalke said contract talks w/ Alex Smith, team's other UFAs are under way. "We feel confident that we're going to be able to get some things done with our unrestricted free agents. But you never know."

Eric Branch
#49ers Sounds as if Baalke will take another patient approach to free agency: "It's marathon, it's not a sprint. We're going to look at every option available to us -- whether they're players on out team, or not on our team. Just like we do in the draft. It's going to be a methodical process."

Scott Kegley @ScottKegley
Baalke said he & his staff have identified around 150 "draftable" players from over 800 that they've scouted.

Baalke said Justin Smith was working out at the #49ers facility 2 days after the season ended. "He's a different breed. He's a warrior."

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke hasn't watched tape of NFC Championship Game and didn't watch the Super Bowl, for obvious reasons. #49ers

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke on NFC Championship Game: "I quite honestly may never look at that tape and watch that game, for personal reasons." #49ers

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Will Aldon Smith be an every-down player in 2012? Baalke laughed. "Yeah, I think that's safe to say, yes." #49ers

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke said WR Joshua Morgan might be ahead of schedule in rehab from broken leg: "I don't see that as a problem moving forward."
Originally posted by valrod33:

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke hasn't watched tape of NFC Championship Game and didn't watch the Super Bowl, for obvious reasons. #49ers

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke on NFC Championship Game: "I quite honestly may never look at that tape and watch that game, for personal reasons." #49ers

That's like most of us. That loss burned into our brain too much to have to look at it again. 1 of 13 3rd down conversion and Kyle Williams. And was it 1 catch by a wide receiver...? Do your thing Baalke! Help us win a SB !!!
Baalke on the 40: "There are guys who are going to run in the 4.3's or 4.4's & you're going to turn on film & you're not going to see it."
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/02/baalke-nfc-championship-game-still-too-painful-to-watch.html
Baalke on the 40: "There are guys who are going to run in the 4.3's or 4.4's & you're going to turn on film & you're not going to see it."

That's what I love to hear.

I've always been a bigger fan of what the tape shows than what the numbers do.
Trent had a fine year, if 2012 is as good, look at world we will be tough to beat.

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
From combine, #49ers GM Trent Baalke says team just wrapped up 17 straight days of draft meetings with scouts.

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke said #49ers hope to sign some of their FAs before March 13: "Will it happen? That remains to be seen," he said.

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke on using franchise tag: "We'd prefer not to use it, but we're not opposed to using it." #49ers

Matt Barrows @mattbarrows Baalke said contract talks w/ Alex Smith, team's other UFAs are under way. "We feel confident that we're going to be able to get some things done with our unrestricted free agents. But you never know."

Eric Branch
#49ers Sounds as if Baalke will take another patient approach to free agency: "It's marathon, it's not a sprint. We're going to look at every option available to us -- whether they're players on out team, or not on our team. Just like we do in the draft. It's going to be a methodical process."

Baalke said he & his staff have identified around 150 "draftable" players from over 800 that they've scouted.

Baalke said Justin Smith was working out at the #49ers facility 2 days after the season ended. "He's a different breed. He's a warrior."

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Will Aldon Smith be an every-down player in 2012? Baalke laughed. "Yeah, I think that's safe to say, yes." #49ers

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Baalke said WR Joshua Morgan might be ahead of schedule in rehab from broken leg: "I don't see that as a problem moving forward."

Interesting. Only 150 players on their draft board.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

what would you consider as normal? or what is generally thought to be the number? 200?
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

what would you consider as normal? or what is generally thought to be the number? 200?

Over 250 players get chosen through round 7 so I'm a little surprised (not shocked) they've only rated 150 players as "draftable". If those 150 are apportioned over all seven rounds that means they're choosing from about 21 prospects per round give or take.
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Combine-Press-Pass-Trent-Baalke/03996c55-2887-4908-8e02-9455da39460a

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Combine-Conversation-Trent-Baalke/90c735eb-87dc-4abb-996c-aa3911c290da