There are 214 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Trent Baalke Apreciation Thread

This is to funny. During FA everyone is wanting to take the guy out back and put two bullets in the back of his head. During the draft everyone is going off about why oh why did he pick Aldon Smith oh my God the sky is falling.

Now the Zone thinks the guy walks on water.

Typical zone. We will lose a couple of games and everyone will be back to normal fire Balke, get rid of Alex, Harbaugh sucks, trade Willis (still can't believe that one) yada, yada, yada.

Let the flaming begin
Meh, it's too early. I'll give it 3-5 years before I make my final judgement.
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
This is to funny. During FA everyone is wanting to take the guy out back and put two bullets in the back of his head. During the draft everyone is going off about why oh why did he pick Aldon Smith oh my God the sky is falling.

Now the Zone thinks the guy walks on water.

Typical zone. We will lose a couple of games and everyone will be back to normal fire Balke, get rid of Alex, Harbaugh sucks, trade Willis (still can't believe that one) yada, yada, yada.

Let the flaming begin

There's a crew of us that defended Baalke during through the fire.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
There's a crew of us that defended Baalke during through the fire.

This. I remember you being one of the most vocal Baalke supporters.

I supported him too, and because of this: there is absolutely no reason to say that a GM sucks/ is a failure, if you haven't waited to see how well he does.

How ridiculous was it for people to doubt Baalke as a GM without ever seeing results? This applies to all positions in sports...
Originally posted by Psinex:
I guess Baalke's moves have turned out pretty good so far (didn't feel that way in the preseason, as evidenced by my pic). Carlos Rogers is proving to be a much better acquisition than Nnamdi, if you can believe that. It's possible Juan Castillo doesn't have a f'ing clue what he's doing, which is why Nnamdi looks so bad.

Juan Castillo is an oline coach in that is going to get Andy Reid fired. They are using Nmandi completely wrong. A great analysis here:

Nnamdi Asomugha is the greatest man coverage cornerback of his generation. He spent years in an Oakland system in which he stayed to one side and built a reputation that had quarterbacks throwing anywhere else...

Would you like to have Mike Solari coordinating our defense? No offense against Solari, but that would be insane.
Originally posted by zozell:
This is the Sole reason I am giving him props so far... everything else is expected of a decent GM...

So far...the draft picks n free agent pick ups have been great. Enjoying the season. GO NINERS!
Originally posted by Prospector:
Originally posted by Psinex:
I guess Baalke's moves have turned out pretty good so far (didn't feel that way in the preseason, as evidenced by my pic). Carlos Rogers is proving to be a much better acquisition than Nnamdi, if you can believe that. It's possible Juan Castillo doesn't have a f'ing clue what he's doing, which is why Nnamdi looks so bad.

Juan Castillo is an oline coach in that is going to get Andy Reid fired. They are using Nmandi completely wrong. A great analysis here:

Nnamdi Asomugha is the greatest man coverage cornerback of his generation. He spent years in an Oakland system in which he stayed to one side and built a reputation that had quarterbacks throwing anywhere else...

Would you like to have Mike Solari coordinating our defense? No offense against Solari, but that would be insane.

Completely agree. What was Andy thinking?

But I would still take Rogers at 3 million over Nnamdi in the right system at 16 million. Too much bank for one player. 10 million for a superstar (Willis) is the right move. 20? Too high. Revis isn't worth it. Nnamdi isn't worth it.
All I know is that Bill Belechick made some stupid moves this year. Albert Haynesworth can't even stay on the field and Ochostinko has not been working into the plans very well.

Baalke, in the last 2 years, has been making better decisions than most.
greatest move

not signing Takeo Spikes


Brilliant
Greatest move not resigning Spikes?

How about not resigning Franklin or Lawson, and letting Clements go?

Really, best move might have been not resigning Baas--who's now out with . . . migraines.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Greatest move not resigning Spikes?

How about not resigning Franklin or Lawson, and letting Clements go?

Really, best move might have been not resigning Baas--who's now out with . . . migraines.

Bingo! Changed the culture and allowed a coaching staff to develop (or just play) better players behind them. Everyone won in the end but we made off like bandits. Sometimes the best move of all is to let players walk - Washian-like.

On a side note: When I heard Baalke talk about what he expected from an OLB pre-draft; what he was looking for, I was sold! I knew we finally had the right guy along with Harbaugh and coaching staff. Jed has more than done his part as well. Top to bottom.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 22, 2011 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by SoTx9R:
Originally posted by zozell:
This is the Sole reason I am giving him props so far... everything else is expected of a decent GM...

So far...the draft picks n free agent pick ups have been great. Enjoying the season. GO NINERS!

So much better than I thought he was in both the draft and FA. And the right coaching hire too. Just all around greatness for the 1st year. Let the right players go, picked better ones, got great FA's and the best coach in football. I don't know what more you could expect him to do?
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Greatest move not resigning Spikes?

How about not resigning Franklin or Lawson, and letting Clements go?

Really, best move might have been not resigning Baas--who's now out with . . . migraines.

no playoff curse man
Don't we have this guy on some short term low ball contract too? We have to pay him more too in order to keep him.