There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Trent Baalke Apreciation Thread

Trent has done great. Even if the Niners start to fall in some games, I don't know what that would have to do with Trent. Last years draft has good pieces and some bad but the draft is hit and miss. If you could land half of your picks than I say good job. This years draft looks great so far. Time will tell. Free Agency was great as well. Everybody was freaking out that we weren't spending money...Yorks are cheap...Trent has no idea... . We didnt overpay, brought in the right guys, and the guys we let go of aren't really doing anything. To top it off, We didn't budge in the Harbaugh sweepstakes. Trent will make mistakes along the way but the positives outway the negatives by far. Good Post! Well Deserved...
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Trent has done great. Even if the Niners start to fall in some games, I don't know what that would have to do with Trent. Last years draft has good pieces and some bad but the draft is hit and miss. If you could land half of your picks than I say good job. This years draft looks great so far. Time will tell. Free Agency was great as well. Everybody was freaking out that we weren't spending money...Yorks are cheap...Trent has no idea... . We didnt overpay, brought in the right guys, and the guys we let go of aren't really doing anything. To top it off, We didn't budge in the Harbaugh sweepstakes. Trent will make mistakes along the way but the positives outway the negatives by far. Good Post! Well Deserved...

It's funny how you say the Yorks are cheap, but then state like you're happy that we didn't overpay for players...

Anyway, Baalke is doing a GREAT job! I'm happy because someone has FINALLY addressed the lines and we all know that the game is won in the trenches. They may not be the "sexy" pick or the most popular picks. In fact, this last draft was probably one of the most boringest drafts that i have watched. But, it was a very productive draft. His best pickup was Jimmy Harbaugh!
Originally posted by susweel:
pfft its only been five games. Way too early to start sucking his dick.

You don't have to suck it, just get on his nuts with me.
pff Trent didn't fix Morgans broken leg so still not impresssed
He is doing an excellent job! he has a keen eye for talent and seems to have a sense for business alike...this is our super bowl window opening; We have the front office to compete, the coaching staff and a very large and strong group of players of championship caliber...
Originally posted by 9ermex:
He is doing an excellent job! he has a keen eye for talent and seems to have a sense for business alike...this is our super bowl window opening; We have the front office to compete, the coaching staff and a very large and strong group of players of championship caliber...

This would be really nice
I said he was garbage when he did the "mass email" thing.
You judged him to early also. You made a good point but are being hypocritical.
I will simply let him do his job and let time be the judge. I may say I don't care this pick or I like this pick or aqquisition, but I won't get my panties in a bunch like some do, cause I wear boxers.
[ Edited by WildBill on Oct 14, 2011 at 3:02 PM ]
Trent Baalke is top shelf and we are lucky to have him
This is the Sole reason I am giving him props so far... everything else is expected of a decent GM...
Originally posted by zozell:
This is the Sole reason I am giving him props so far... everything else is expected of a decent GM...

Sorry but gotta challenge this one .....

- an average GM would have panicked and re-signed Abruyo Franklin to a large contract given the only other decent NT on the team was a UDFA.
- an average GM would have said Nate Clements is too valuable to be lost given the CB market last season
- an average GM would have thrown everything and the kitchen sink at Nandi
- an average GM would have been hesitant about letting Takeo Spikes go because his all-world LB had lobbied for him to stay
- an average GM wouldn't have insisted that he have final say over the roster

Just pointing out something an average GM wouldn't have done ....
[ Edited by NinerGM on Oct 14, 2011 at 3:33 PM ]
Originally posted by zozell:

Someone needs to photoshop the Lombardi trophy in place of the helmet. Not me though, I'm too lazy and will only have to wait til February for the real thing.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Sorry but gotta challenge this one .....

- an average GM would have panicked and re-signed Abruyo Franklin to a large contract given the only other decent NT on the team was a UDFA.
- an average GM would have said Nate Clements is too valuable to be lost given the CB market last season
- an average GM would have thrown everything and the kitchen sink at Nandi
- an average GM would have been hesitant about letting Takeo Spikes go because his all-world LB had lobbied for him to stay
- an average GM wouldn't have insisted that he have final say over the roster

Just pointing out something an average GM wouldn't have done ....

i agree. i think he has done an awesome job so far.
Originally posted by miked1978:
pfft its only been five games. Way too early to start sucking his dick.

You don't have to suck it, just get on his nuts with me.

or at least just kiss the tip. Give him a little bit of credit.
[ Edited by pelos21 on Oct 14, 2011 at 11:45 PM ]
he's got swag