LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Jerome Simpson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by NCommand:
He just now violated it or from the past?

This is from his past conduct.

We can absorb this AND it opens up a roster spot in the interim. Not the worst news this off season.

If NaVorro Bowman's other knees bent sideways you'd say that it will serve to motivate him to only come back stronger.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
...but we signed him. I'm not trying to be negative, and I think he'll contribute, but signing someone who they knew had ruined his "second chance" isn't classy -- it's looking for every edge to win. Which I agree with, but it definitely conflicts with the infamous "classy" statement.

Jed made that statement, not Baalke.

Baalke is trying to field a team that wins games.

so why did Harbaugh get the axe?

i don't understand you question

Jeds "win with class" quote was after he threw Harbaugh under the bus for our off the field issues. When does the blame fall on Trent?

I'm not blaming harbaugh for the off the field issues. I'm saying Jed made the statement, so whine about him making it, not trent. lol
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
In fact, general manager Trent Baalke wrote Jenkins' name on a piece of paper and stuffed it in an envelope earlier on Thursday, sure he would be San Francisco-bound by the end of the day.

Uh, I'm not sure him being right was a good thing. What does that really say? That he knew he'd fall down far enough for the 49ers to pick him?

RB was not a huge need however and i believe Trent had a different assumption about how Harbaugh would run his offense. I believe he was a consensus pick between harbs/trent, harbs wanted him, and Trent drafted him because he thought he would have a place in Harbs offense, but we never ran any type of running or passing game that even remotely would translate to him being successful,

That's speculation, and there's more proof that LMJ simply sucks than there is that Harbaugh was unable to implement him into the game.

"In Miami he appeared in 2 games recording 3 carries for 9 yards."

I like how you quoted me but purposely left our some pretty significant statements. Especially about LMJ. Let me ask you a question, outside of Frank Gore, name one other RB that Harbs used successfully? Hell, half he time he didn't use Gore correctly. But yes, your right, as i mentioned LMJ turned out to be an emo, whinny, b***h.

Also, on Jenkins, you said it was a desperation pick. I stated facts as to why it wasn't a desperation pick.

Let me ask you a question, outside of Frank Gore, name one other RB that Harbs used successfully?

Is this a serious question? How ineffective were an un-injured Kendall Hunter and Carlos Hyde?

And Jim Harbaugh leaned on Baalke to draft LMJ and then... didn't use him? His lack of success in Miami just goes to show he's not capable of being implemented in an NFL offense.

Yards per game
2011: first in yards-per-game
2012 fourth
2013: fourth
2014 seventh

Also, on Jenkins, you said it was a desperation pick. I stated facts as to why it wasn't a desperation pick.

No you didn't. You just stated Baalke knew he was going to be at the 30th pick, which proves what? He was willing to take a gamble when, pretty much, 32 teams weren't and he knew it?
...but we signed him. I'm not trying to be negative, and I think he'll contribute, but signing someone who they knew had ruined his "second chance" isn't classy -- it's looking for every edge to win. Which I agree with, but it definitely conflicts with the infamous "classy" statement.

so why did Harbaugh get the axe?

i don't understand you question

Jeds "win with class" quote was after he threw Harbaugh under the bus for our off the field issues. When does the blame fall on Trent?

I'm not blaming harbaugh for the off the field issues. I'm saying Jed made the statement, so whine about him making it, not trent. lol

so they arent on the same page?
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
At least he won't count against the 53 for 6 weeks

BTW, Simpson gets 6 games for marijuana. Greg Hardy gets 4 games for assaulting his GF and threatening to kill her. Nice job, Goodell.

I think Goodell can't be blame for this one. Simpson's dumbass was suspended in 2013,14' & now 15'. He is a repeated offender unlike Hardy, Which was his 1st offense. makes sense to me.

I don't care if Simpson smoked a pound a day. Physical violence, particularly against a woman or child, is in a completely different league IMO. I think that is the point that Sofa was trying to make.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
well the 3rd receiver spot got real interesting.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
At least he won't count against the 53 for 6 weeks

BTW, Simpson gets 6 games for marijuana. Greg Hardy gets 4 games for assaulting his GF and threatening to kill her. Nice job, Goodell.

Won't count against the 53? At this rate with retirements and suspensions, they may not even have to cut anyone to get down to 53!

Uh, yes?

I never stated Baalke said we'd be "classy".
so they arent on the same page?

idk, idc. i like the simpson signing lol i got no problem with it
  • Stud
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
After this offseason, there's no 9ers news at will faze me any more. Next guy up.

Yup. Not even the most retarded Seahawk troll could make this up. This is real and it's hilariously absurd.

Then again as a Seahawks hater, I would've never have come up with Midget Wilson throwing a pick at the 1 with the Super Bowl on the line. Sometimes reality is more unique than us.
Originally posted by Stud:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
After this offseason, there's no 9ers news at will faze me any more. Next guy up.

Yup. Not even the most retarded Seahawk troll could make this up. This is real and it's hilariously absurd.

Then again as a Seahawks hater, I would've never have come up with Midget Wilson throwing a pick at the 1 with the Super Bowl on the line. Sometimes reality is more unique than us.

never gets old...

[ Edited by BodhiPaddlesOut on Aug 18, 2015 at 5:07 PM ]

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
In fact, general manager Trent Baalke wrote Jenkins' name on a piece of paper and stuffed it in an envelope earlier on Thursday, sure he would be San Francisco-bound by the end of the day.

Uh, I'm not sure him being right was a good thing. What does that really say? That he knew he'd fall down far enough for the 49ers to pick him?

RB was not a huge need however and i believe Trent had a different assumption about how Harbaugh would run his offense. I believe he was a consensus pick between harbs/trent, harbs wanted him, and Trent drafted him because he thought he would have a place in Harbs offense, but we never ran any type of running or passing game that even remotely would translate to him being successful,

That's speculation, and there's more proof that LMJ simply sucks than there is that Harbaugh was unable to implement him into the game.

"In Miami he appeared in 2 games recording 3 carries for 9 yards."

I like how you quoted me but purposely left our some pretty significant statements. Especially about LMJ. Let me ask you a question, outside of Frank Gore, name one other RB that Harbs used successfully? Hell, half he time he didn't use Gore correctly. But yes, your right, as i mentioned LMJ turned out to be an emo, whinny, b***h.

Let me ask you a question, outside of Frank Gore, name one other RB that Harbs used successfully?

Is this a serious question? How ineffective were an un-injured Kendall Hunter and Carlos Hyde?

And Jim Harbaugh leaned on Baalke to draft LMJ and then... didn't use him? His lack of success in Miami just goes to show he's not capable of being implemented in an NFL offense.

Yards per game
2011: first in yards-per-game
2012 fourth
2013: fourth
2014 seventh

No you didn't. You just stated Baalke knew he was going to be at the 30th pick, which proves what? He was willing to take a gamble when, pretty much, 32 teams weren't and he knew it?

When you place the name of a player into an envelope, it is not a desperation pick. It is a pick pre determined before going into the draft. I'm not sure how that is desperation, but if it is, i need a new dictionary.

Also, I'm in agreement about LMJ being a bust, I'm not sure why you want to argue about it. I originally stated the reason why i believe he was drafted. I also stated the reason why i think he failed. Go back a reread my comment. And no, Harbs was not great at using RB's to their strength. He relied on an overpowered offensive line that simply manhandled defenses front 7, and Gore who is a future HOF. I could have run through those holes the offensive line opened up. He had no situational awareness when it came to RB's, and he did not alter plays to specifically meet a players talent. If he had, we would have a 6th SB trophy in the case, and we would have had more than a handful of passes to RB's in his entire time here.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Aug 18, 2015 at 5:12 PM ]
I can't effing stand the "Win with class" statement being brought up every time someone in the 49ers organization does anything wrong. There are TONS of people considered classy who do drugs....

Jim Harbaugh acted like a petulant child on the sidelines. THAT is what York meant in reference to winning with class. Jim Harbaugh made the Niners a hated laughing stock all by himself, despite winning.

Class:
stylish, high-class, superior, exclusive, chic, elegant, smart,sophisticated, upscale, upmarket, high-toned; informalposh, ritzy, plush,swanky.

Nowhere in there does it say anything about breaking the law.....
Originally posted by WINiner:
I can't effing stand the "Win with class" statement being brought up every time someone in the 49ers organization does anything wrong. There are TONS of people considered classy who do drugs....

Jim Harbaugh acted like a petulant child on the sidelines. THAT is what York meant in reference to winning with class. Jim Harbaugh made the Niners a hated laughing stock all by himself, despite winning.

Class:
stylish, high-class, superior, exclusive, chic, elegant, smart,sophisticated, upscale, upmarket, high-toned; informalposh, ritzy, plush,swanky.

agreed
Originally posted by WINiner:

Class:

uh no

OK, well I guess we're going to have to just leave this one hanging. That he said one thing, you said another, and we're just going to have to figure out who we believe. Cris Collinsworth said something in Week 1 that I just couldn't let go of, and it's just been nagging at me all year. And that is, he said, "The 49ers have a winning situation going on right now. And we hear there's discord as early as Week 1. It is now the 49ers' job to keep this together, because winning is hard in the NFL." And it is your job, Jed, to manage the dysfunction or to manage whatever the philosophical differences were because winning is the only thing that matters and you guys were winning. Why couldn't you manage it?

Winning isn't the only thing that matters. Winning with class is what matters.

Were you not winning with class?

Are you not going to blast us for off the field stuff for the last three or four years?

Was that Jim Harbaugh's fault?

Collectively, it was all of our fault.

So why weren't there more heads rolling other than Jim Harbaugh's? Should Trent Baalke have been held accountable and maybe a mutual parting of ways with him?

I mean, I think Trent and I are philosophically aligned on what we want to do with this team.

So winning with class is a huge thing, you mentioned it yesterday, you mentioned it again today. So this is now maybe, we're getting sort of closer to the smoking gun. This is a problem you had with the Harbaugh era?

No, I mean, this isn't on Jim, this is on the collective group of us. It's equally on me, Jim and Trent.

So why was Jim the one to pay the price?

He wasn't the one to pay the price for that. This was just something we need to concentrate on and focus on as we move forward.

any news that he plans to appeal ?

he should
Share 49ersWebzone