There are 246 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Jerome Simpson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by dald1:
Yee all knowing arm chair gm? Considering the losses what would you have done. Not changing any the players we lost to suspension, retirement, and the one we cut for being dumber then a bag of rocks.

What would I have done first of all I'm not a gm but my first order of business wouldn't have been to get rid of the best coach we've had in 2 decades I'll tell u for damn sure about that

Annnnnnd there it is. LOL
Yeah I knew thats where the hate was from. Thats the only thing they can say. Im not getting into a harbaugh debate, done that way too much. If people cant get over the harbaugh firing by august then they can go QQ in the corner by themselves.
There are people on here that still believe Alex should be the QB and big foot is real and that I need a wiki definition of "drinking the Kool-aid"

Wait, Big Foot isn't real?
Originally posted by captveg:
There are people on here that still believe Alex should be the QB and big foot is real and that I need a wiki definition of "drinking the Kool-aid"

You looked past the humor of it. I didn't literally think you needed the definition, LOL.
Stop it you are cracking me up I just spit out my kool=aid

Yeah, my jokes > your jokes.

Just trying to ease all the NT tension, baby

'Just tap it in"
Originally posted by AllForTheNiners:
Am I the only one who thinks this was a shrewd move by Baalke?

Simpson has some talent, but troubles in the past. Hasn't played football in a year, so chances are he wants to redeem himself. He's been doing and saying all the right things since he's gotten signed, and Baalke has probably told him he's on a zero tolerance policy. Niners know that he'll be suspended for the beginning of the season, so what do they do? They sign a ton of UDFA WR, and see if they can find a diamond in the rough.

Not only does the suspension give us an extra roster spot for the first 6 games to evaluate one of the young guns, but if one of those guys ends up sticking, we can cut Simpson for nothing, since he probably signed a minimum "prove it" contract. If none of the guys flash or we decide to try and stash him on the PS, we can move Simpson back on the active roster.

This is such a low risk move, and it worked out in the past with Parrish Cox, T. Brown, etc.

100% agree. Plus it gives you deep threat speed just in CASE T.Smith does go down...we don't need to change the offensive game plan.

Simpson has some talent, but troubles in the past. Hasn't played football in a year, so chances are he wants to redeem himself. He's been doing and saying all the right things since he's gotten signed, and Baalke has probably told him he's on a zero tolerance policy. Niners know that he'll be suspended for the beginning of the season, so what do they do? They sign a ton of UDFA WR, and see if they can find a diamond in the rough.

Not only does the suspension give us an extra roster spot for the first 6 games to evaluate one of the young guns, but if one of those guys ends up sticking, we can cut Simpson for nothing, since he probably signed a minimum "prove it" contract. If none of the guys flash or we decide to try and stash him on the PS, we can move Simpson back on the active roster.

This is such a low risk move, and it worked out in the past with Parrish Cox, T. Brown, etc.

But...but....but.... Baalke has no brians cause he fired Harbaugh THE GREATEST COACH TO EVER SUCK ANYONE OFF@!!!!

brians are good people.

"Monty Python's Life of Brian, also known as Life of Brian, is a 1979 British comedy film starring and written by the comedy group Monty Python..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python's_Life_of_Brian

Originally posted by Escobar:
what happened to "winning with class" though?

lol f**k Jed York

Already asked and answered when Simpson was signed in March.
'Just tap it in"

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Ballke is such a joke signing a guy to be our 3 reciever when he knew he'd be gone have the season.mm all because he is too scared to draft a wr because he has proved to be incompentent... he needs the boot and is an embarrassment

This was a low risk high reward signing...kid has talent just can't stop smoking the weed. Don't think he's a joke for bringing him in, white Patton Ellington are very good backups to boldin and smith..don't think there was much of any guaranteed cash, what do we lose by brining him in?

what makes those guys good backups?

What doesn't? They are all young and have shown good stuff in college...how about we give them a chance? Everyone cries about our young WRs but they haven't even had a chance on the field yet.

every wr in the league has shown good things in college, doesnt make them all good lol. patton 6 catches in 2 years and ellington 6 catches for 60 yards. sure lets give them a chance but they arent good backups ATM

What teams have great backup WRs? Every team's backups are the same as ours for the most...young unproven WRs.

But...but....but.... Baalke has no brians cause he fired Harbaugh THE GREATEST COACH TO EVER SUCK ANYONE OFF@!!!!

brians are good people.

"Monty Python's Life of Brian, also known as Life of Brian, is a 1979 British comedy film starring and written by the comedy group Monty Python..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python's_Life_of_Brian

"British comedy, in film, radio and television, is known for its consistently quirky characters, plots and settings, and has produced some of the most famous and memorable comic actors and characters."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_comedy
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Simpson was initially busted after he received 2.5 lbs of weed delivered to his home and the police found another 6 lbs in his house that appeared to have been shipped the same way.
I am anti-prohibition and against the league testing for recreational drugs but this is not about him smoking weed. It is about him getting arrested for trafficking and then getting busted for reckless driving and then getting busted yet again for open container and possession of weed which was a probation violation.

He sounds Aldon stupid.

Aldon is an alcoholic, I am not sure what Simpson's issue is.

LOL exactly. He didnt tell borland to retire either. We werent going to sign iuptai/crabtree/cox/cully from the beginning anyways. But yeah its baalke's and yorks fault they made the guys retire and didnt overpay players to resign them, talk about bias.

Too true.

Even funnier is when someone criticizes Baalke for not re-signing Cox or Culliver and for signing someone with potential legal / suspension issues like Simpson.

[ Edited by captveg on Aug 18, 2015 at 3:16 PM ]
Lol Torrey smith was the top FA WR this off season...what do you mean not taking a chance?

Drafting a wr early... look at the receivers he has drafted and tell me if it looks like he knows what he's doing drafting recievers...

I've wanted us to move up for both OBJ and cooper but is it worth moving your whole draft for one player? Especially on a run first team? The only miss I can think of was picking AJ over Jeffery...I think our new WR coach has done a good job so far an hopefully we will finally see some development because of it (old coaching staff didn't show very much in that regard).
"British comedy, in film, radio and television, is known for its consistently quirky characters, plots and settings, and has produced some of the most famous and memorable comic actors and characters."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_comedy

Too true.

Even funnier is when someone criticizes Baalke for not re-signing Cox and for signing someone with potential legal / suspension issues like Simpson.

lol this
LOL exactly. He didnt tell borland to retire either. We werent going to sign iuptai/crabtree/cox/cully from the beginning anyways. But yeah its baalke's and yorks fault they made the guys retire and didnt overpay players to resign them, talk about bias.

Too true.

Even funnier is when someone criticizes Baalke for not re-signing Cox or Culliver and for signing someone with potential legal / suspension issues like Simpson.

Dont forget culliver.
Share 49ersWebzone