There are 169 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Jerome Simpson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • lazy
  • Veteran
sucks. I already had him penciled in as the #3 WR.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by dald1:
Yee all knowing arm chair gm? Considering the losses what would you have done. Not changing any the players we lost to suspension, retirement, and the one we cut for being dumber then a bag of rocks.

What would I have done first of all I'm not a gm but my first order of business wouldn't have been to get rid of the best coach we've had in 2 decades I'll tell u for damn sure about that

Annnnnnd there it is. LOL
Yeah I knew thats where the hate was from. Thats the only thing they can say. Im not getting into a harbaugh debate, done that way too much. If people cant get over the harbaugh firing by august then they can go QQ in the corner by themselves.
There are people on here that still believe Alex should be the QB and big foot is real and that I need a wiki definition of "drinking the Kool-aid"
Originally posted by dald1:
Yee all knowing arm chair gm? Considering the losses what would you have done. Not changing any the players we lost to suspension, retirement, and the one we cut for being dumber then a bag of rocks.

What would I have done first of all I'm not a gm but my first order of business wouldn't have been to get rid of the best coach we've had in 2 decades I'll tell u for damn sure about that

Can somebody please fix the record? I think it's broken.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Simpson was initially busted after he received 2.5 lbs of weed delivered to his home and the police found another 6 lbs in his house that appeared to have been shipped the same way.
I am anti-prohibition and against the league testing for recreational drugs but this is not about him smoking weed. It is about him getting arrested for trafficking and then getting busted for reckless driving and then getting busted yet again for open container and possession of weed which was a probation violation.

He sounds Aldon stupid.
Originally posted by braap49er:
I'm sure he will appeal and get it reduced to 4 or 2, unless he already did that?

It was reduced to 6. Guy is on strike 3.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Dude get real I know what drinking the Kool aid means and I don't need a damn wiki definition. Hence the great big smiley at the end of my post. Seriously this was the stupidest post I have seen in all my years in NT. I am sure that a prophecy might have just been fulfilled or some s**t. Really lay off the bong and red bull.

LOL. Ease up man. Just bringing some levity to the thread by taking your statement overly literal. The post was a joke to imply "You're doing it wrong - add cyanide. "

90% of the people on this board got serious anxiety problems. Sheesh.

Also - never smoked anything in my life, not have I ever drank a Red Bull. < Not a sarcastic statement in fact, but definitely one in tone.
Good for you cause red bull is the devil.
Am I the only one who thinks this was a shrewd move by Baalke?

Simpson has some talent, but troubles in the past. Hasn't played football in a year, so chances are he wants to redeem himself. He's been doing and saying all the right things since he's gotten signed, and Baalke has probably told him he's on a zero tolerance policy. Niners know that he'll be suspended for the beginning of the season, so what do they do? They sign a ton of UDFA WR, and see if they can find a diamond in the rough.

Not only does the suspension give us an extra roster spot for the first 6 games to evaluate one of the young guns, but if one of those guys ends up sticking, we can cut Simpson for nothing, since he probably signed a minimum "prove it" contract. If none of the guys flash or we decide to try and stash him on the PS, we can move Simpson back on the active roster.

This is such a low risk move, and it worked out in the past with Parrish Cox, T. Brown, etc.
There are people on here that still believe Alex should be the QB and big foot is real and that I need a wiki definition of "drinking the Kool-aid"

You looked past the humor of it. I didn't literally think you needed the definition, LOL.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Simpson was initially busted after he received 2.5 lbs of weed delivered to his home and the police found another 6 lbs in his house that appeared to have been shipped the same way.
I am anti-prohibition and against the league testing for recreational drugs but this is not about him smoking weed. It is about him getting arrested for trafficking and then getting busted for reckless driving and then getting busted yet again for open container and possession of weed which was a probation violation.

He sounds Aldon stupid.

Have to agree. I can only image what happens next....

Originally posted by AllForTheNiners:

Simpson has some talent, but troubles in the past. Hasn't played football in a year, so chances are he wants to redeem himself. He's been doing and saying all the right things since he's gotten signed, and Baalke has probably told him he's on a zero tolerance policy. Niners know that he'll be suspended for the beginning of the season, so what do they do? They sign a ton of UDFA WR, and see if they can find a diamond in the rough.

Not only does the suspension give us an extra roster spot for the first 6 games to evaluate one of the young guns, but if one of those guys ends up sticking, we can cut Simpson for nothing, since he probably signed a minimum "prove it" contract. If none of the guys flash or we decide to try and stash him on the PS, we can move Simpson back on the active roster.

This is such a low risk move, and it worked out in the past with Parrish Cox, T. Brown, etc.

But...but....but.... Baalke has no brians cause he fired Harbaugh THE GREATEST COACH TO EVER SUCK ANYONE OFF@!!!!

You looked past the humor of it. I didn't literally think you needed the definition, LOL.
Stop it you are cracking me up I just spit out my kool=aid
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by susweel:
BTW you guys see Jalen Strong catch a td against us yeah that Jalen strong that we could have drafted, but no he'd rather sign a dude who he knew was gonna get suspended for 6 games.

Strong came off the board before we picked in the 3rd round...and had we moved up to select him then we don't land Harold who now has a chance to see a little meaningful playing time.

Simpson is being paid peanuts, has no guaranteed money on his deal and was never guaranteed a roster spot. He is a vet who could push the young guys for a roster spot. We opted to improve the WR position before we went into the draft so we would not be pigeonholed into drafting for needs and could instead take the BPA on our draft board (not what you or some analyst considers BPA as those guys and yourself are not accounting for scheme fits).

You are overreacting for the sake of taking a shot at Baalke.

Thank you. Good post!
Originally posted by AllForTheNiners:

But...but....but.... Baalke has no brians cause he fired Harbaugh THE GREATEST COACH TO EVER SUCK ANYONE OFF@!!!!

brians are good people.

Stop it you are cracking me up I just spit out my kool=aid

Yeah, my jokes > your jokes.

Just trying to ease all the NT tension, baby

what happened to "winning with class" though?

lol f**k Jed York
Share 49ersWebzone