LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Jerome Simpson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dald1:
Ballke is such a joke signing a guy to be our 3 reciever when he knew he'd be gone have the season.mm all because he is too scared to draft a wr because he has proved to be incompentent... he needs the boot and is an embarrassment

This was a low risk high reward signing...kid has talent just can't stop smoking the weed. Don't think he's a joke for bringing him in, white Patton Ellington are very good backups to boldin and smith..don't think there was much of any guaranteed cash, what do we lose by brining him in?
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
Right. I forgot about that. That's the explanation for 10 reduced to 6.

All I can say is OH NO! The Niners are left with only 12 other wide-outs in camp. Time to panic.
2 proven wrs with no clear cut 3rd...sound familiar?
2 proven wrs with no clear cut 3rd...sound familiar?

We got a healthy VD though
Originally posted by niners94:
Not a shock and Baalke knew it was a real possibility. If he doesn't care, I'm not going to care.

Problem is it seems like they don't mind tanking for the season so if they don't mind tanking the season u don't mind? Hahah jk

What on earth are you guys thinking? Baalke doesn't care? Really? And since when is a guy signed on the cheap and one of 13 receivers currently on the roster fighting for the #3 spot so important that he suspension means they don't mind tanking the season.

Will some of you people get a grip?
I'm sure he will appeal and get it reduced to 4 or 2, unless he already did that?
  • Jiks
Dres Anderson chances just increased at least
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This was a low risk high reward signing...kid has talent just can't stop smoking the weed. Don't think he's a joke for bringing him in, white Patton Ellington are very good backups to boldin and smith..don't think there was much of any guaranteed cash, what do we lose by brining him in?
My gripe is more that he is too scared to pull the trigger on a decent reciever or fails to know how to draft a wr clearly it's not his area of expertise...so he drafts low wrs who mosteoporosis likely won't make an impact but won't get criticized for the low picks, then brings in a guy to compete at number 3 who he knows is going to be out of a while...just doesn't make any sense
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Ballke is such a joke signing a guy to be our 3 reciever when he knew he'd be gone have the season.mm all because he is too scared to draft a wr because he has proved to be incompentent... he needs the boot and is an embarrassment

what makes those guys good backups?
Originally posted by niners94:
Not a shock and Baalke knew it was a real possibility. If he doesn't care, I'm not going to care.

Problem is it seems like they don't mind tanking for the season so if they don't mind tanking the season u don't mind? Hahah jk

What on earth are you guys thinking? Baalke doesn't care? Really? And since when is a guy signed on the cheap and one of 13 receivers currently on the roster fighting for the #3 spot so important that he suspension means they don't mind tanking the season.

I don't think it matters much. We need a young wideout to develop. Now is the time to do it.

I sometimes wonder if some posters actually contribute here. Not the aforementioned specifically but there are some I wonder about

Originally posted by braap49er:
I'm sure he will appeal and get it reduced to 4 or 2, unless he already did that?

He did. Went from 10 to 6.
  • dald1
  • Veteran

First of all that was a joke second of all u look at the off season we have had and see if you think balke or York set us up to make a run in the playoffs again...stick ur head out and smell the roses
Move back to San Francisco!!
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Dres Anderson chances just increased at least

Exactly!

X WR: Torrey Smith; (Jerome Simpson)
Y WR (SLOT): Bruce Ellington; DeAndrew White
Z WR: Anquan Boldin; Dres Anderson (DeAndre Smelter)
Originally posted by susweel:
#TOP5GM

Let's see after this year.
Share 49ersWebzone