There are 208 users in the forums

Who is the most important Lion we contain on Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is the most important Lion we contain on Sunday?

I think the lion to contain on sunday will be shaun hill, because mcdonald will break stafford.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Briggs gap discipline was the problem, not speed.

I understand that. However, all it takes is one blown assignment and it's off to the races. My is not the 99 percent of the time we do a great job, it's that 1 percent that can bite us in the ass. Let's face it, the Lions are king of the "big play."
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 13, 2011 at 12:34 PM ]
Lions have 22 plays of 20 yards or more
Niners have 21
Nate Burleson. We can't have him going off too.
Megathong!!!
We don't need to contain anyone, we have the 3rd best QB in the league. Who is going to stop that? Yeah, thought so.
We are the lion - they are the lamb. We must contain ourselves from devouring them all at once !
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Megathong!!!

Suh for me

If we dont contain him our offense wont get going

Also is we dont contain there offense fine we lose the game

If we dont contain suh there goes our season
On D Suh, On O Pressure Stafford and alot of his throws will be off, DBL TEAM CJ!

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm a little concerned with the speed of Best. Our LBs are fast, but Best has some serious wheels. Shifty backs like McCoy or bruisers like Blout don't scare me, but speed kills. Best made Chicago look like they had cement blocks on their feet.

Willis and Bowman are faster than the Chicago LB's....

Agreed. Urlacher has lost a lot of speed.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for mike.
We didn't really completely contain desean jackson/vick and we still beat the eagles, but that was because we got pretty consistent protection for alex so that he could make plays. If we can protect against Suh(without letting the rest of their line through) as well as open holes for gore(forte ran for over 100 yds monday), that's better than simply stopping CJ/Stafford. I have more confidence that our defense can get the occasional turnovers necessary to keep the game close, I'm definitely more worried about their d-line.
It all starts with the QB. Stafford can't get the ball to Johnson deep while running for his life or lying on his back. Johnson will get his but hopefully on shorter passes.
  • jdc49
  • Veteran
suh we can live with megatron running all over us, but if suh is all over the field we would most likely have an injured smith and loose him for the season, knock on wood.
For all those that said Stafford, you get a gold star. He is the key, stop him and we are toast. You can take CJ out with double coverage and we'll burn you with Pettigrew, take out Pett and CJ, then Young is gonna light you up. If you devote your defense to stop the pass, then we will run, until you cover that and then we'll take Burleson back across the middle.

Suh is gonna eat up double teams as he has all year long. I'm surprised when I actually see him get singled up on an olineman, just doesn't happen like it did last year. The OC's learned their lessons last year. Good thing is that Fairley should play more of a role this week in that 9 man dline rotation. It gets tougher in the 4th qtr when your oline is tired. The key to stopping our overly aggressive oline, screen passes and draws, we are suspect on these two plays, especially if your TE's clear out the LB's.

Good news is that we have some weapons and you'll have to pick your poison, but for me it's Stafford, stop him and our ability to score becomes limited.
Share 49ersWebzone