Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by valrod33:

dude is quick, looked good yesterday, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Ginn
he's better than ginn and imo, edwards.

He sure doesnt drop passes, thats for sure

On the TD, Williams made a good catch that Vernon and Braylon were not making Sunday.
This guy has great hands and is shifty as hell. Also, when he has the ball it just seems as if something good is going to happen.
  • dj43
pretty good possibility that both Ginn and Edwards will not be on this team next season. KW will be the man.

Let's not give up on Edwards too soon. It is now clear he has not fully recovered from the knee injury. Before that he was playing pretty well. He brings height and strength that none of the other receivers offer. We will need him in the playoffs. In the meantime, he needs to get healthy.
Originally posted by dj43:
pretty good possibility that both Ginn and Edwards will not be on this team next season. KW will be the man.

Let's not give up on Edwards too soon. It is now clear he has not fully recovered from the knee injury. Before that he was playing pretty well. He brings height and strength that none of the other receivers offer. We will need him in the playoffs. In the meantime, he needs to get healthy.

Once Braylon is healthy and Williams starts getting more involved and comfortable with his role, our passing attack will be lethal
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Once Braylon is healthy and Williams starts getting more involved and comfortable with his role, our passing attack will be lethal

i think we're in a good spot with braylon, we're 9-1 and he can take some time to get his groove back, could be to our benefit to have him hitting his stride come playoff time and give us an option we basically havent had all season.

Yeah, we can't have VD jumped, kicked up the ball with his knee because he let the pass went through his hands on a slant pass We need Braylon for that...

That was almost comical. VD, we still love you man
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
cant wait to see what our O looks like by the end of the season.
i hope he breaks out and has a 200 yard game that way he cant be denied.
Time to break out the Kyle Williams. I bet we see a lot of him Thursday night.
i always wonder why he isn't getting more play time. I've even asked the Matt's through twitter but never get an answer. I seriously doubt he's a slacker on the practice field and I'm sure Harbaugh and Co. recognize the talent. So WHY isn't he being used more often? He's a better WR than Ginn, possibly better than Crabs and Edwards IMO from what I've seen. Watch him on running plays next time. He's a small dude but I've seen him lay LB's out. He is not scared to block. I'm glad he finally had a breakout game. There is no way he didn't earn more playing time with his performance yesterday.

1) sometime name players and other veterans get more snaps and you end up playing the scout team. At camp he battled our draft pick also.
2) he has had little injuries that slowed his progress.

Damn, we have some good talent on offense. What impresses me the most is the variety of our talent. We have a NE-like waterbug in Williams, we have a Boldin-type player in Crabtree, we have a deep threat throw it up guy in Braylon and we have both types of reliable Tight Ends who can beat defenders and block.

We have both types of RB's and we have NT and OT that can catch.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 21, 2011 at 10:21 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They should start him over Braylon, that dude aint done s**t all year.
he seems to be ready
  • dj43
Kyle Williams 5' 10" 186 lbs

Wes Welker 5' 9" 185 lbs

I like the comparison.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Damn, we have some good talent on offense. What impresses me the most is the variety of our talent. We have a NE-like waterbug in Williams, we have a Boldin-type player in Crabtree, we have a deep threat throw it up guy in Braylon and we have both types of reliable Tight Ends who can beat defenders and block.

We have both types of RB's and we have NT and OT that can catch.

That is what Baalke and JH were looking for. Athletes, not necessarily work out freaks-bin difference.

Braylon though, after this year, is out unless he comes cheap, they may find Seely wants to keep Ginn for ST and the niners may find getting Morgan back is more important. Plus I am pretty sure they will look for a receiver in the middle of the draft next year. Doubt they go FA and spend, this team is not built around the WR.
Share 49ersWebzone