LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Is Kyle Williams ready??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
How fast did he run at the combine? Just curious.

He's something in the 4.4's I believe. Just off of memory I think if it serves me correct? But you could probably look up official combine results for his year...

Looks like 4.40 and 4.34 at pro day, if my Google skills came through correctly.

6th round gem!

The individual pro day ones you have to be careful. Those are often on fast rubber tracks. So the combine one is the Indy combine surface. Comparing apples to apples vs. all other players. I would consider that more "official."
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i always wonder why he isn't getting more play time. I've even asked the Matt's through twitter but never get an answer. I seriously doubt he's a slacker on the practice field and I'm sure Harbaugh and Co. recognize the talent. So WHY isn't he being used more often? He's a better WR than Ginn, possibly better than Crabs and Edwards IMO from what I've seen. Watch him on running plays next time. He's a small dude but I've seen him lay LB's out. He is not scared to block. I'm glad he finally had a breakout game. There is no way he didn't earn more playing time with his performance yesterday.
Man, Kyle had a great day yesterday. Looked like a good little slot receiver. Good hands and quick. I am excited to see him get more opportunities
He can do some damage in the slot ...Ginn can get some snaps in our 4 WR packages

Looks like Williams is coming around , just when we need another weapon to emerge
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Man, Kyle had a great day yesterday. Looked like a good little slot receiver. Good hands and quick. I am excited to see him get more opportunities

He was being covered by an OLB who is a rookie for two of the catches. As he gets coverage by nicel backs you will be able to judge better.

Huge fan of him, and agree he should be getting more playing time, i even think he should get reps at pR or KR also.
Sooooo yeah to respond to the OP's query, yeah this kid can play some ball. What a nice game he had.
I like KDub he runs routes with a purpose and Alex doesn't have to guess with him. He's a beast once he gets the ball in his sure HANDS. He needs to be a part of this offense going forward and I hope the coaches feel the same way.
Good speed, had some nice footwork yesterday, and tries hard when blocking (although he wiffed yesterday when Gore bounced it outside). He sure looks like our slot receiver, Delanie Walker and Williams our special weapons off the bench.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
pretty good possibility that both Ginn and Edwards will not be on this team next season. KW will be the man.
MOAR WILLIAMS, MOAR CRABTREE. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

dude is quick, looked good yesterday, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Ginn
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

he's better than ginn and imo, edwards.
Originally posted by valrod33:

he's better than ginn and imo, edwards.

He sure doesnt drop passes, thats for sure
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Sooooo yeah to respond to the OP's query, yeah this kid can play some ball. What a nice game he had.

Yeah I originally asked this when Morgan went down and Edwards was out and thought he would have to play a #2 for us. Thought he looked great yesterday and I can't wait to see more of him
Share 49ersWebzone