LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

A tribute to our past

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I tried to find the original thread, but I couldn't. A young 49ers fan asked what it was like during the 80's and 90's when the 49ers dominated. People gave a lot of different responses, but the overall theme was that we always felt like we were going to win. We always had confidence that our coaches were going to put our players in a position to make plays and win. I think most of us took that for granted, well at least I did. I thought that was "normal." The last 10 years have certainly proved otherwise...

Anyway, I've been quite emotional watching our team play the way they have. I know it's early and I know nothing is guaranteed, but what I see now is a lot of what we used to be. Prepared. Smart. Fundamental. Precise. Determined. Fluid. Cohesive. Holding all of that together is Jim Harbaugh, proud disciple of Bill Walsh, running the West Coast Offense to perfection. That is what made us significant in the 80's and 90's... Not just winning, but doing it in a way no one else was doing. We have that again.

Well in tribute to our past, here is a video of Bill Walsh that was done by NFL films a few years ago. It's called "Quarterbacking," but when you watch it you'll see that it's about so much more. Walsh's ability to teach and motivate is what made us great. Harbaugh's ability to teach and motivate is what is making us great again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCyDtgvkU78&feature=related
(Edit: better video)
[ Edited by Furlow on Oct 11, 2011 at 10:01 PM ]
Great vid! I love watching those video's with Walsh

cheers
Originally posted by Furlow:
I tried to find the original thread, but I couldn't. A young 49ers fan asked what it was like during the 80's and 90's when the 49ers dominated. People gave a lot of different responses, but the overall theme was that we always felt like we were going to win. We always had confidence that our coaches were going to put our players in a position to make plays and win. I think most of us took that for granted, well at least I did. I thought that was "normal." The last 10 years have certainly proved otherwise...

Anyway, I've been quite emotional watching our team play the way they have. I know it's early and I know nothing is guaranteed, but what I see now is a lot of what we used to be. Prepared. Smart. Fundamental. Precise. Determined. Fluid. Cohesive. Holding all of that together is Jim Harbaugh, proud disciple of Bill Walsh, running the West Coast Offense to perfection. That is what made us significant in the 80's and 90's... Not just winning, but doing it in a way no one else was doing. We have that again.

Well in tribute to our past, here is a video of Bill Walsh that was done by NFL films a few years ago. It's called "Quarterbacking," but when you watch it you'll see that it's about so much more. Walsh's ability to teach and motivate is what made us great. Harbaugh's ability to teach and motivate is what is making us great again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCyDtgvkU78&feature=related
(Edit: better video)

He was such an incredible, knowledgeable, kind, caring respectful person. Probably talking some football with Al at the big football field in the sky..
cause niner fans dont live in the past enough already
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Don't care.
  • Chico
  • Veteran

Are you disrespecting the late, GREAT...Bill Walsh???!!!

Someone please BAN this bandwagon, Mike Vick, Falcon/Eagle lover!!!
Originally posted by Chico:

Are you disrespecting the late, GREAT...Bill Walsh???!!!

Someone please BAN this bandwagon, Mike Vick, Falcon/Eagle lover!!!

lol
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Yeah I know, and I don't like the living-in-the-past thing either... I was more so trying to make the point that Harbaugh seems to be coaching in the same manner as Walsh. The players all talk about his calm nature and how he teaches the game. We've had coaches the past 10 years, but no true teachers.

But I still miss Bill! The best ever!
Share 49ersWebzone