LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Can we trade for Gerhart?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
yes lets trade for a guy who might get two or three snaps a game on offense and play some on special teams, sounds awesome.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Looking at Gerhart and Anthony Dixon in the pros, who would you rather have????

James Starks!!!
Originally posted by 9erred:
Looking at Gerhart and Anthony Dixon in the pros, who would you rather have????

Gerhart. Dixon isn't making the team next year
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
White RBs suck!

I thought it was mean people who sucked
White RBs suck!

This is a moronic statement. If you look historically there are a number of black RBs that suck one that I can think of specifically was Derek Loville he was on the roster of our last Championship. I have no idea why that guy stayed in the league as long as he did. You can go into any roster currently and you will find a number of black RBs that are not that good. What has happened is that most underprivileged blacks go into sports vs. other ethnicities therefore they outnumber any other population of athletes in the sport. I am not saying that there have not been some really good black RBs, that is obvious. But, the discrepancy exists because more blacks go into the sport and the position than any other population.

I would take Gerhart in a second over Dixon and to an extent Gore (since he is getting older). They have similar hands, speed, and toughness. I would definitely like to see a Gerhart and Hunter combo at RB in the future.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
White RBs suck!

This is a moronic statement. If you look historically there are a number of black RBs that suck one that I can think of specifically was Derek Loville he was on the roster of our last Championship. I have no idea why that guy stayed in the league as long as he did. You can go into any roster currently and you will find a number of black RBs that are not that good. What has happened is that most underprivileged blacks go into sports vs. other ethnicities therefore they outnumber any other population of athletes in the sport. I am not saying that there have not been some really good black RBs, that is obvious. But, the discrepancy exists because more blacks go into the sport and the position than any other population.

I would take Gerhart in a second over Dixon and to an extent Gore (since he is getting older). They have similar hands, speed, and toughness. I would definitely like to see a Gerhart and Hunter combo at RB in the future.

Now this is a moronic statement, not the Dixon part but the Gore part
How is this thread still open, ive seen better threads get locked.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
How is this thread still open, ive seen better threads get locked.

The Mods know better than to lock any thread with Kesey's presence. The back lash just ain't worth it.
Gerhart will get his touches after Peterson, Harvin, Shiancoe and Michael Jenkins get theres

He hasnt been the power back they were looking for, but he has played decent at times
Originally posted by valrod33:
White RBs suck!

Stop being a blind Homer.
How long do you think Gore is going to be effective? Gerhart is 4 years younger and has yet to take on the pounding that Gore has taken and has yet to have surgery on both of his knees just as Gore. Gore has been a good back for us and for the 49ers. But, if you haven't noticed he is a ground and pound type of back; Those types of backs have shorter careers than the speed backs that usually avoid contact. Gore lacks break away speed. Gore is the present but we need a power back of the future. I think Gerhart could fit.
[ Edited by Niner4ever on Oct 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM ]

White RBs suck!

How long do you think Gore is going to be effective? Gerhart is 4 years younger and has yet to take on the pounding that Gore has taken and has yet to have surgery on both of his knees just as Gore. Gore has been a good back for us and for the 49ers. But, if you haven't noticed he is a ground and pound type of back; Those types of backs have shorter careers than the speed backs that usually avoid contact. Gore lacks break away speed. Gore is the present but we need a back a power back of the future. I think Gerhart could fit.

You can get a guy like Gerhart in the draft no need to trade your best Rb for a guy that would be a 2nd stringer behind Kendall Hunter thats just retarded
White RBs suck!

haha that was just funny. He's not even fast, dixon is faster he's just 250+ pounds. if he droped some weight it might help. But i'm not trading for gerhart, lol he can't even hold hunters jock strap let alone gores! Gore had 100 yards last week, if anything splitting the carries with hunter will extend his career.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Oct 12, 2011 at 10:58 AM ]
White RBs suck!

How long do you think Gore is going to be effective? Gerhart is 4 years younger and has yet to take on the pounding that Gore has taken and has yet to have surgery on both of his knees just as Gore. Gore has been a good back for us and for the 49ers. But, if you haven't noticed he is a ground and pound type of back; Those types of backs have shorter careers than the speed backs that usually avoid contact. Gore lacks break away speed. Gore is the present but we need a back a power back of the future. I think Gerhart could fit.

You can get a guy like Gerhart in the draft no need to trade your best Rb for a guy that would be a 2nd stringer behind Kendall Hunter thats just retarded

This is retarded. You are sounding more moronic the more you type. You want a guy on your team that at least you know can play in the league. Sitting behind or backing up A. Petterson in Minnesota is not a bad thing. NO ONE, NOT ME, EVER mentioned trading away Gore or Hunter or even Dixon. Simply trade a 7th round pick or lower for an opportunity to get Gerhart. Now, I know it's hard but you should think a little. Getting a future back to complement Hunter is not a bad thing since no one knows if indeed Hunter will be an every down back or a change of pace guy. Think before you post, please.
White RBs suck!

This is retarded. You are sounding more moronic the more you type. You want a guy on your team that at least you know can play in the league. Sitting behind or backing up A. Petterson in Minnesota is not a bad thing. NO ONE, NOT ME, EVER mentioned trading away Gore or Hunter or even Dixon. Simply trade a 7th round pick or lower for an opportunity to get Gerhart. Now, I know it's hard but you should think a little. Getting a future back to complement Hunter is not a bad thing since no one knows if indeed Hunter will be an every down back or a change of pace guy. Think before you post, please.

You wanna trade for a guy to be our 3rd RB for the next few years.Remember Gore signed an extension this year, Has Gerhart played Special Teams before? Because thats all he will be doing if trade for him and still have Gore and Hunter on the roster. LOL @ the Bold. It doesnt get any lower than a 7th round pick

No reason whatsoever to trade for Gerhart, NONE. He is not a special player and a player like him can be had in FA or in the draft. Not worth trading for EVER
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
haha that was just funny. He's not even fast, dixon is faster he's just 250+ pounds. if he droped some weight it might help. But i'm not trading for gerhart, lol he can't even hold hunters jock strap let alone gores!

Do you even know what you are talking about?
Gerhart's 40 time: 4.5
Dixon's 40 time: 4.6

Who is faster? Who was more beast in College? Who is 2nd string behind A. Petterson and touches the ball in games? Who sits #3 on the depth chart and is strictly a special teamer and doesn't get a whiff on offense?

Let's get rid of Dixon. Bring in Gerhart.

1) Gore- present
2) Hunter- future
3) Gerhart- future

"if anything splitting the carries with hunter will extend his career."

And, how do you know this? I assume you have a crystal ball?
Share 49ersWebzone