There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Morgan Replacement Options

Morgan Replacement Options

Imo, whoever they bring in will be strictly for depth, Kyle Williams is going to get his opportunity and he's going to surprise people, the dude had a great camp, displayed incredible hands, and is the 2nd fastest WR on the team.

Have you guys forgotten about his TD catch in Week 1 that made NFL top plays of the week?
Rather have T.O. I think he would buy into and respect Jim and his system, and at this point in his career T.O. is much more mature. Think about it... Braylon, Crabs, T.O., Vernon, D-Love, and Morgan?!
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
he played for Jim's brother last season so maybe that plays a part in this too.. if it's a minimum deal I would like this move
meh
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
Originally posted by Joecool:
SEA: 79 catches for 911 yards
BAL: 30 catches for 398 yards (started only 2 games)

What are you guys talking about when saying this guy wasn't good?

Im not saying he wasnt a good player. Im just wondering how some people are saying he's an upgrade over Morgan.

I personally think Morgan is slightly better than Housh. near Housh's level but Housh is still better primarily due to experience and overall consistency at a high level.


That would be awesome if he plays. We gotta get the home crowd to do a loud to silent "Hooooooooouuuu!------sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

So josh morgan knows the entire playbook, has gone through training camp and preseason, has timing down with alex smith, and you expect a guy who was sitting on the couch to come in and do well? Dont get your hopes up.

All Housh needs to know is the install. All this "completely knowing the playbook" is a bunch of crap that was used for 6 years to make excuses for Alex. Alex, without an offseason, is playing better under a completely new offense with new verbiage.

It's all about how the coach designs the play and whether or not the players get the weekly install down. The Pats don't use a 200 page playbook every week. They use the install for that week and that install consists of possible plays they NEVER ran before.

Knowing the playbook is overrated. Knowing the game plan and how to beat the team THAT week is the most important piece of information.

Welcome back Joe - we missed ye!
t.j. almost became a niners when erickson was the coach--they had a connection as tj played for ericksn at oregon state
Zeigler seems to be the better option. He knows the system/playbook, is familiar with Alex (and visa versa), isn't going to moan or b***h about being the 4th WR (or 5th when Edwards returns) and can add value on special teams. Housh brings none of this.
Hope he has something left in the tank
Not to worried about this move because the WR position on our team is an after thought. As long as they can catch a short pass or two and block thats all we really need..
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Zeigler seems to be the better option. He knows the system/playbook, is familiar with Alex (and visa versa), isn't going to moan or b***h about being the 4th WR (or 5th when Edwards returns) and can add value on special teams. Housh brings none of this.

Assuming he doesn't understand his role that is. I don't know, I'd prefer a vet who understands how to get open right now and who has a big(er) body for down-field blocking. Ziegler brings none of this.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
Originally posted by Joecool:
SEA: 79 catches for 911 yards
BAL: 30 catches for 398 yards (started only 2 games)

What are you guys talking about when saying this guy wasn't good?

Im not saying he wasnt a good player. Im just wondering how some people are saying he's an upgrade over Morgan.

I personally think Morgan is slightly better than Housh. near Housh's level but Housh is still better primarily due to experience and overall consistency at a high level.


That would be awesome if he plays. We gotta get the home crowd to do a loud to silent "Hooooooooouuuu!------sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

So josh morgan knows the entire playbook, has gone through training camp and preseason, has timing down with alex smith, and you expect a guy who was sitting on the couch to come in and do well? Dont get your hopes up.

All Housh needs to know is the install. All this "completely knowing the playbook" is a bunch of crap that was used for 6 years to make excuses for Alex. Alex, without an offseason, is playing better under a completely new offense with new verbiage.

It's all about how the coach designs the play and whether or not the players get the weekly install down. The Pats don't use a 200 page playbook every week. They use the install for that week and that install consists of possible plays they NEVER ran before.

Knowing the playbook is overrated. Knowing the game plan and how to beat the team THAT week is the most important piece of information.

Lets throw out timing. Lets throw out training camp and preseason. In your perfect world you could put a team full of all stars together every week and they could beat a superbowl champion if they get the right game plan. Gotcha. Team chemistry is way overrated!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Zeigler seems to be the better option. He knows the system/playbook, is familiar with Alex (and visa versa), isn't going to moan or b***h about being the 4th WR (or 5th when Edwards returns) and can add value on special teams. Housh brings none of this.

Harbaugh already said he wants complete WRs, who can catch as well as block, Ziggy is too damn skinny and that is why he's never made any of the teams after trying for so many years.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Imo, whoever they bring in will be strictly for depth, Kyle Williams is going to get his opportunity and he's going to surprise people, the dude had a great camp, displayed incredible hands, and is the 2nd fastest WR on the team.

Have you guys forgotten about his TD catch in Week 1 that made NFL top plays of the week?

Week 2**

But yeah im with you dude. He can do a lot of good things on the field, excited to see him play next week
T.J. likely makes the team, has solid hands, runs decent routes.
I kind of wish we could keep it to the original squad and get Zeigler back. TJ is old and fading