LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Finally some love....in the power rankings.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/week-five-power-rankings-2/

1. Packers (No. 1; 5-0): Brett Favre was surprised it took the Packers so long to come back from a 14-0 deficit.

2. Saints (No. 2; 4-1): Who does Roman Harper think he is, Ken Lucas?

3. Lions (No. 3; 5-0): Calvin Johnson had only one touchdown reception last night, which will cause him to drop out of Cris Carter's top five.

4. Bills (No. 10; 4-1): Leave it to a guy from Harvard to perfectly execute a dummy play.

5. Patriots (No. 5; 4-1): Leave it to a team from near Harvard to make the Jets look like a bunch of dummies.

6. Ravens (No. 4; 3-1): With John Harbaugh's brother's team at 4-1, Packers-Lions isn't the only must-see game on Thanksgiving.

7. 49ers (No. 12; 4-1): The worst division in football is producing one of the best teams in the conference.

Loving this
Originally posted by DJD:
Power Rankings are harmless fun.. They are also a good gauge of media perception of how the league stacks up. They make for some good water cooler conversations etc. Folks no reason to hate on harmless power rankings. Let the Niner fans enjoy being in the top ten, and by all indications there to stay for the first time in like what.. a decade.

I totally agree. I actually love the ESPN power rankings, while realizing they mean nothing technically.

They're called the "Power" rankings for a reason. It's a totally different way of selecting teams than college football.

But here's something fun and interesting to look at....
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/powerchart?team=sfo

In week 11, 2002, we hit our high at #2

And, wow we were #10 in week 3 in 2007? I didn't think we were ever that high. BUT our current #9 is the highest since 2002 season.

!Look at the 2011 incline!
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Power Rankings are harmless fun.. They are also a good gauge of media perception of how the league stacks up. They make for some good water cooler conversations etc. Folks no reason to hate on harmless power rankings. Let the Niner fans enjoy being in the top ten, and by all indications there to stay for the first time in like what.. a decade.

I totally agree. I actually love the ESPN power rankings, while realizing they mean nothing technically.

They're called the "Power" rankings for a reason. It's a totally different way of selecting teams than college football.

And, wow we were #10 in week 3 in 2007? I didn't think we were ever that high. BUT our current #9 is the highest since 2002 season.

Neeeeeerrrrrrdd!!

But nice work

People forget how much hype we had going into the 07 season
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7081063/nfl-week-5-total-qbr-leaders

This QBR metric puts Alex at #1 for week 5.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Top ten baby

JH is doing one hell of a job.
amazing how everybody now loves ESPN
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7081063/nfl-week-5-total-qbr-leaders

This QBR metric puts Alex at #1 for week 5.

Yeah, but it also has Tim Tebow at #5 above Rodgers and Brady.

QBR=useless nonsense
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:

Neeeeeerrrrrrdd!!

But nice work

People forget how much hype we had going into the 07 season

haha, I didn't make graph! just discovered it. But I do l like graphs a lot. (Huh, no nerd emoticon.)

Originally posted by lamontb:
amazing how everybody now loves ESPN

look at the decline of last years start..
Feels good winning and being in the top 10 at this piont of the season.
Anyone catch the end of the ESPN post game show last night, when the anchor focused on Niner fans and acknowledged the lack of respect given to Harbaugh's group? "Beat the Lions," he said, "and we'll notice."

So that's the deal. We've got to beat the Lions. And based upon what I saw last night, we can beat the Lions...
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:
You guys and your Power Rankings are like Jr. High girls with their popularity contests. Screw what these chumpstains think. Watch the wins and revel in that.

+1
Originally posted by IAMANALEXSEXUALOVER:
Anyone catch the end of the ESPN post game show last night, when the anchor focused on Niner fans and acknowledged the lack of respect given to Harbaugh's group? "Beat the Lions," he said, "and we'll notice."

So that's the deal. We've got to beat the Lions. And based upon what I saw last night, we can beat the Lions...

So the only way for ESPN to acknowledge us this early is if we beat a 5-0 team? Really? Even if the Rams beat an undefeated team, they would get acknowledged for that one game only.

Pressure is on DET but now that I think of it, is it really on them? They are high right now being undefeated and I don't think they care if they lose one game...kind of like house money. I think we want to beat them worse than they don't want to lose to us.
Share 49ersWebzone