There are 206 users in the forums

Learning to be positive

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't know if anyone will understand me here, but after losing for so long, I feel like I struggle to be positive. I'm so use to complaining about what is going wrong, and why we are the way we are, that I almost don't know how to communicate without saying something negative.... With that said, I realize there is a tremendous amount to be positive about, and far more good than bad. I welcome the opportunity to focus on the great things the Niners are doing, but I have found it a little difficult. Of course, with every week that's passing, I find it gets a little easier... Am I the only one in this boat?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I don't know if anyone will understand me here, but after losing for so long, I feel like I struggle to be positive. I'm so use to complaining about what is going wrong, and why we are the way we are, that I almost don't know how to communicate without saying something negative.... With that said, I realize there is a tremendous amount to be positive about, and far more good than bad. I welcome the opportunity to focus on the great things the Niners are doing, but I have found it a little difficult. Of course, with every week that's passing, I find it gets a little easier... Am I the only one in this boat?

I've never been on that boat... it takes up too much energy to be negative all the time.

Patience in ALL things, remember that; it will serve you well as a football fan and in life in general. Not everything in life is instant oatmeal, somethings takes time. You are forgiven.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Not on that boat, but I commend you for trying to make that change and sharing it on this MB.

I understand completely. The way I have felt since the 2nd quarter of that game is very odd, yet quite familiar. I remember this feeling. Of watching my team play in an absolutelty dominant fashion, against a good team, in every facet of the game.

I have not a single complaint today and am feelings a little out of sorts. I love it though and pray we are witnessing the beginning of an era where most Mondays feel this way.
I've always been positive but realistic...

For example until last Sunday I still was unsure about whether the Niners could "prove it" against the Bucs... now even though they exceeded my expectations they need to "prove it again" against Detroit, not necessarily with a Win but more with a close competitive game and not just the blowout allot of people were expecting with the Lions being so hot.

With Balt, Pitt, Wash and NYG still on the schedule, there is plenty of time for the Niners to revert back to their losing ways which at least to me is causing all the hesitance to deem this team an actual contender and not just an average team with a couple of good games.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

Once you get used to not having that sinking 49er football feeling in your stomach, it will get easier.

Hey, the idea of changing for the better is a positive thing to do;)... You're ready on the right track!
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Patience in ALL things, remember that; it will serve you well as a football fan and in life in general. Not everything in life is instant oatmeal, somethings takes time. You are forgiven.

Ahhh yes, grasshopper had forgotten nobody has it better, and now he has come in from the cold.

Is this considered Niner talk or should this be in the parking lot since the main subject of the thread is your inability to be happy??

• Jiks
I've never been negative, but it's hard not to still be skeptical. This team has done nothing but let us down the past 7-8 years, and it's hard to fathom us really being a legit contenter. It just don't feel right, feels like a disaster is waiting in the wings.

With that being said, it's slowly going away. If we can continue to improve, make the playoffs, and hopefully make a little noise this will all be forgotten. But again it is hard to really get your hopes up knowing how many times we've shot ourselves in the foot in the past. I understand where you are coming from.
I like to see this.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Is this considered Niner talk or should this be in the parking lot since the main subject of the thread is your inability to be happy??

Umm, why you postin' negatory stuff in the positively thread, whats your deal?

TRADE ALEX SMITH!!! HE IZ TE SUXOR!!!!!! IT'S HIS FAULT!!!!

Wait! Wrong thread....

Originally posted by Snider8706:

Piss in your own Cheerios, he likes his with bull milk.
Share 49ersWebzone