LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 140 users in the forums

Learning to be positive

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
I have no idea what you are talking about because I am always positive.

I'm just really happy to see 49ers fans feeling good about their team.

It's been so long, let's enjoy this season, the potential of what this season could turn into is really exciting. Once the 49ers are in the playoffs, they have ALL that it takes to win it all.

Think about what it takes to win a Superbowl

Criteria as follows

-Smart QB that manages the game
-Strong running game
-Elite defense
-Special Teams
-Strategic coaching
-Physical all around

The 49ers have all of these and then some
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm just really happy to see 49ers fans feeling good about their team.

It's been so long, let's enjoy this season, the potential of what this season could turn into is really exciting. Once the 49ers are in the playoffs, they have ALL that it takes to win it all.

Think about what it takes to win a Superbowl

Criteria as follows

-Smart QB that manages the game
-Strong running game
-Elite defense
-Special Teams
-Strategic coaching
-Physical all around

The 49ers have all of these and then some

I'm really starting to believe it. As someone stated, we have the type of offense and defense combo that can put a high flying O team in check. We are built to wear you down. We practice to wear you down. The calls and personnel is subed to wear you down......Thats why Frank and VD said both Philly and Tampa quit.
Stretching scar tissue is uncomfortable and takes patience. Lord knows, Niner fans have accumulated major scar tissue over the last decade. I suggest visualizing yourself with a full range of motion, then just try to stretch a little farther, a little longer, every day. Live well and prosper, grasshopper.
just drink more during the game,
that helped me. i was actually rooting for alex yesterday and i am not a fan of his
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm really starting to believe it. As someone stated, we have the type of offense and defense combo that can put a high flying O team in check. We are built to wear you down. We practice to wear you down. The calls and personnel is subed to wear you down......Thats why Frank and VD said both Philly and Tampa quit.

You said it! Defensive coordinators have absolutely NO CLUE who to key on...there's so many weapons. I would quit too! lol
Originally posted by 5280High:
I've always been positive but realistic...

For example until last Sunday I still was unsure about whether the Niners could "prove it" against the Bucs... now even though they exceeded my expectations they need to "prove it again" against Detroit, not necessarily with a Win but more with a close competitive game and not just the blowout allot of people were expecting with the Lions being so hot.

With Balt, Pitt, Wash and NYG still on the schedule, there is plenty of time for the Niners to revert back to their losing ways which at least to me is causing all the hesitance to deem this team an actual contender and not just an average team with a couple of good games.

Honestly, I'm not scared of any of those teams. Do I think we will win all of those games. Probably not but I say we only lose to the ravens cuz it's at their spot. I believe we can make it to the super bowl. In order to do that we have to win home field advantage from the packers. Not happening you say? b******t I say!when we go 13-3 we will have a first round bye for sure.overall, we are good enough team to beat ANY team.
Originally posted by verb1der:

You said it! Defensive coordinators have absolutely NO CLUE who to key on...there's so many weapons. I would quit too! lol

Ironically, this thread seems to be turning positive....

But,

The thing that excites me the most is that a lot of the success seems to be coming from scheme and solid plays. I dont feel like any one player is caryring this team or we are winning on fluke plays. I think once Harbaugh fully takes over this team, we will be able to plug and play with different and new personnel. That's how you build dynastys. You know you're on to something when it's more about system than superstar players.....just ask Ocho
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 10, 2011 at 4:32 PM ]
Ironically, this thread seems to be turning positive....

But,

The thing that excites me the most is that a lot of the success seems to be coming from scheme and solid plays. I dont feel like any one player is caryring this team or we are winning on fluke plays. I think once Harbaugh fully takes over this team, we will be able to plug and play with different and new personnel. That's how you build dynastys. You know you're on to something when it's more about system than superstar players.....just ask Ocho

Couldn't have said it better.
Originally posted by alexstinks:
just drink more during the game,
that helped me. i was actually rooting for alex yesterday and i am not a fan of his

Who could ever tell that?

I don't know if anyone will understand me here, but after losing for so long, I feel like I struggle to be positive. I'm so use to complaining about what is going wrong, and why we are the way we are, that I almost don't know how to communicate without saying something negative.... With that said, I realize there is a tremendous amount to be positive about, and far more good than bad. I welcome the opportunity to focus on the great things the Niners are doing, but I have found it a little difficult. Of course, with every week that's passing, I find it gets a little easier... Am I the only one in this boat?

Don't worry, as soon as you completely cross over back to a positive attitude the 49ers will lay the biggest egg ever and throw you deeper into debauchery.

On a serious not, I am impressed with your candor and you have made an impression on me.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Don't worry, as soon as you completely cross over back to a positive attitude the 49ers will lay the biggest egg ever and throw you deeper into debauchery.

On a serious not, I am impressed with your candor and you have made an impression on me.
Everyone approaches the Zone differently. I think some posters have an alter ego or persona they try to project on the net. Personally, I try to keep it as real as possible. I'm on here for my enjoyment, and I'm most comfortable when I let my thoughts fly. I don't want the pressure of being a "good poster," and worrying about what others think. There is enough of that in my real life.

Here's to the next 8 years of winning Niner football and talking about it on the Zone.....
Yeah i was watching the packers vs. atl game and my friend asked who i wanted to win that.

I told him i didn't care as long as i won in fantasy football.

But then i had a thought. We have a good record.

Dare i think...that GB should lose because we can get homefield advange in the playoffs..

Felt like the old times when that train of thought was standard for our team. Dare I??????????
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 10, 2011 at 6:55 PM ]
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Stretching scar tissue is uncomfortable and takes patience. Lord knows, Niner fans have accumulated major scar tissue over the last decade. I suggest visualizing yourself with a full range of motion, then just try to stretch a little farther, a little longer, every day. Live well and prosper, grasshopper.

Nice.
Totally understand. When you get nothing but disappointment for years you learn to expect it. Not easy changing that frame of mind.
Share 49ersWebzone