LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Learning to be positive

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
TRADE ALEX SMITH!!! HE IZ TE SUXOR!!!!!! IT'S HIS FAULT!!!!

Wait! Wrong thread....

LMAO

Fire Nowin!

Wait, we already did that....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I don't know if anyone will understand me here, but after losing for so long, I feel like I struggle to be positive. I'm so use to complaining about what is going wrong, and why we are the way we are, that I almost don't know how to communicate without saying something negative.... With that said, I realize there is a tremendous amount to be positive about, and far more good than bad. I welcome the opportunity to focus on the great things the Niners are doing, but I have found it a little difficult. Of course, with every week that's passing, I find it gets a little easier... Am I the only one in this boat?

Props for this post, really. It takes a big man to initiate such introspection. Can't really go beyond that without getting too personal into your mental makeup, but I hope you find that glass-half full mentality you seek.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Is this considered Niner talk or should this be in the parking lot since the main subject of the thread is your inability to be happy??

Umm, why you postin' negatory stuff in the positively thread, whats your deal?

I'm just wondering why when I click on Niner talk I get this.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Crap..I was just thinking...

Has Harbaugh started to change the culture of the zone too????? His he that mystical? A f**kin' Merlin or sumpin? Casting spells on peeps, unbeknown to them?

And if so he is Merlin dude, able to manipulate the zones minds..is Harbaugh's brand of foosball da devil in disguise????

Crap...I don't know man...
I don't know if anyone will understand me here, but after losing for so long, I feel like I struggle to be positive. I'm so use to complaining about what is going wrong, and why we are the way we are, that I almost don't know how to communicate without saying something negative.... With that said, I realize there is a tremendous amount to be positive about, and far more good than bad. I welcome the opportunity to focus on the great things the Niners are doing, but I have found it a little difficult. Of course, with every week that's passing, I find it gets a little easier... Am I the only one in this boat?

No i understand what you are saying... I am the same way. After all of these years of being horrible its hard to get your hopes up without getting let down. even up 24-3 I was still wondering if we were going to blow this or not.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I have no idea what you are talking about because I am always positive.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Patience in ALL things, remember that; it will serve you well as a football fan and in life in general. Not everything in life is instant oatmeal, somethings takes time. You are forgiven.

yummmmmmmmmmmmm instand oatmeal....

But yes, patience and overall happiness are strongly connected.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Is this considered Niner talk or should this be in the parking lot since the main subject of the thread is your inability to be happy??

Cause you is making youselves the enforcer of zone rules, dats why. You is taking on dat role of enforcer....of your own free will....no one's appointed you as such.

Don't ask such things, just enjoy da ride man.

"All we are saaaayyyyiiiinnnng is give peace a chance."
If we lose to the Lions, you know for you this thread never existed. It will be replaced with 'This is why I don't get too high over a ..blah...blah...blah...freak'n Alex Smith!'

As fans, we all have the capacity to have emotions of a 5 year old over our team
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 10, 2011 at 3:34 PM ]

Has Harbaugh started to change the culture of the zone too????? His he that mystical? A f**kin' Merlin or sumpin? Casting spells on peeps, unbeknown to them?

And if so he is Merlin dude, able to manipulate the zones minds..is Harbaugh's brand of foosball da devil in disguise????

I do think there is something to the fan base adopting the "losing culture" of their team........After all, we did keep Alex around for 7 years.....

I keed, I keed.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 10, 2011 at 3:34 PM ]
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If we lose to the Lions, you know for you this thread never existed. It will be replaced with 'This is why I don't get too high over a ..blah...blah...blah...freak'n Alex Smith!'

There are reason's my wife calls dis zone joint "male drama". That^^^^^^^^^^ be one of them.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

I do think there is something to the fan base adopting the "losing culture" of their team........After all, we did keep Alex around for 7 years.....

I keed, I keed.

lol

True.

Now, fire somebody!
Originally posted by susweel:
I have no idea what you are talking about because I am always positive.

Originally posted by stillpans4gold:

"All we are saaaayyyyiiiinnnng is give peace a chance."
don't worry, be happy
Share 49ersWebzone