Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Going under the radar ftw

Once again, we are NOT under the radar.

Do you really think it matters that sports show hosts aren't praising the 49ers? As if the rest of the teams and coaches in the league didn't take notice just because ESPN isn't riding the 49ers' collective nuts? Come on. You're under the radar when teams underestimate you. Beating the crap out of a division-leading Tampa Bay team has caught the attention of every team on our schedule. Believe that.

This^

Harbaugh couldn't have asked fro a better reaction to this blowout. As a fan i know we're legit, I don't need some douche bag talking head from ESPN to validate what I'm seeing with my eyes. Even if we're under the radar for just 1 more week I'll take it. Here we come, Lions.
Originally posted by taney71:
I don't think so. The 9ers will still get a lot of crap. Even some of the fans on this board aren't impressed.

I'm impressed, i'm just worried, I hope we aren't hot now and cold later in the season..

I'm not sure harbaugh would let that happen though.
A analyst the other day wanted to illustrate just how bad the Seattle pass defense is, but he excluded the Niners game because he said....well they are the Niners.
Even when we beat the lions, people still won't take us seriously.
i dont want the media backing us, no attention is good for this team!
  • Sman
It's not only the national media it's the local a-holes too. Those c*cksuckers murph and mac were only talking baseball when I dropped my daughter off to school this morning...
49ers Monday on 95.7 is all Raiders today, but kind of expectedly so with Al Davis' passing.
Watch we beat the Lions this weekend things will surely change in a instant
Anyone remember what happened in the past when this team was getting media praise and was primed to win the NFC West? Remember 2007 and 2010? Yeah, our team folded big time under pressure. Why is it necessary for the media dumbf**ks to say that this team is doing well? We as fans can see that team is LEGIT every week...lets just surprise everyone by sneaking into the playoffs. And once you're in, anything can happen..

Do you know why no one is buying?

Alex Smith.

These ex-players/tv guys have seen Alex Smith on film for 6 years and rarely have they seen a starting NFL caliber QB. I don't want to discredit Alex but I think they are just waiting for us to play against a better game plan and a defense that could misdirect our play design so that it does not play out as planned. I think they are waiting to see if Alex Smith can turn from game manager to play maker. Only then will Alex Smith prove himself to these guys. Until then, I don't think they consider us top 5 team.

Not to worry, people would say the same about Joe Montana. Basically, they underestimated Bill Walsh and now they are underestimating Jim Harbaugh.
Who cares what analysts think. Teams are not going to underestimate us I can guarantee that.
We're not getting any respect. Hardly any at all. Started watching ESPN at the conclusion of the Sunday night game. We were not mentioned. Period. NOT ONCE in a 2.5 hour time-span, did I even see the Niner SCORE let alone highlights. At about 11 PM -- I flipped it over to NFL Gameday -- and there we got a little love. But our victory was in a string of quick highlights.

Don't even think for a minute that this little snub didn't escape the attention of Coach Harbaugh and others on the Niners. They just came off a destruction and dismantling of a pretty darn good Tampa Bay Bucs team -- and the national media essentially urinated on them.

Look for them to be plenty charged up for the Lions.

Just sayin...
Originally posted by Sman:
It's not only the national media it's the local a-holes too. Those c*cksuckers murph and mac were only talking baseball when I dropped my daughter off to school this morning...

I cant stand Murh and Mac and I can't stand KNBR. Everyone just stop listening to that damn station. Hopefully Murph and Mac, Gary Radnich, Barbieri and Tolbert will all go away.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Even when we beat the lions, people still won't take us seriously.

This
Share 49ersWebzone