LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

No Respect?!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Mike and Mike are giving the Niners some serious love this morning though.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7083684

go to 6min and 30 sec of their monday quarterback... i love it!!!! finally
Don't think anyone's linked this yet, hopefully:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d82304e02/Playoff-contender-Bills-or-49ers

Mike Mayock and Warren Sapp lovin' them some Niners. Especially Mayock, Sapp has very limited insight.
Originally posted by doodle:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d82304e02/Playoff-contender-Bills-or-49ers

Mike Mayock and Warren Sapp lovin' them some Niners. Especially Mayock, Sapp has very limited insight.

The same Warren Sapp that predicted we would get the #1 pick in next year's draft has us making the playoffs now...
Originally posted by Sman:
No Effing Respect....I'm shocked to see noting and, I really thought this blowout would have all the hosts talk about how great my Niners are yet nothing? This is a damn good Football team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with this last part. DAMN GOOD!!! Amirite?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
i think the niners got over talked about this week...there is the attention...i think too much now...but it feels good to watch them talk about how good this team is and that its just the tip of the iceberg...
Originally posted by hofer36:
nothing wrong with staying under the radar

I'm with the coach on this. We don't want to have all the talking heads singing us praises. You don't think the Jets and Eagles players were believing all the sugary hype showered upon them. I hope the media ignores or talks the 9ers down for the next three months. I remember the analysts in the 80s referring to the 9ers as a "finesse" team when in fact we were beating everyone's ass on both sides of the ball. We had some of the most brutal hitters in the league with Ronnie Lott, Charles Haley, et al and they kept saying "finesse." Being treated like the b*****d stepchild by the media is not a bad thing...motivation baby.
[ Edited by joebbadass on Oct 13, 2011 at 6:01 PM ]
Speaking of No Respect.... look what Jim Schwartz had to say about Alex Smith:

Q: What are your thoughts on Alex Smith? What is he doing well?

SCHWARTZ: I'll let Jim coach him. But he's got good mobility. He's taking care of the football. He's executing the offense. They're running efficiently. And I think those are the things you expect from a quarterback.

To me, that comes off like he thinks Alex Smith nothing more than a back up. Perhaps he didn't like Warner rating him ahead of Stafford !

Alex does have to prove himself in this game though.
The Lions will come crashing back to earth eventually and I will be paying attention to Schwartz's face when they do.
Originally posted by mustangmele:

SCHWARTZ: I'll let Jim coach him. But he's got good mobility. He's taking care of the football. He's executing the offense. They're running efficiently. And I think those are the things you expect from a quarterback.

To me, that comes off like he thinks Alex Smith nothing more than a back up. Perhaps he didn't like Warner rating him ahead of Stafford !

He didn't want to give anything away. Talking about the other quarterbacks strengths and weaknesses can only help your opponent glean a little bit more about how you want to game plan him.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by mustangmele:

He didn't want to give anything away. Talking about the other quarterbacks strengths and weaknesses can only help your opponent glean a little bit more about how you want to game plan him.

That's a good point.
Kick em all in the shins....
Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy about where we are right now.

Respect is earned though. We've been a doormat for the better part of 9 years.

We are going to need to do a whole helluva lot more than beat the eagles and bucs. (two way overrated teams)

Let's host a playoff game and win. If we can do that, and still get no respect, I'll join in on the whine fest.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
The Lions will come crashing back to earth eventually and I will be paying attention to Schwartz's face when they do.

I would love it if we beat them, and started their decline (like the broncos of a few years ago, when they started 6-0, and finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs)
Originally posted by doodle:

Don't care if people give this team respect or not. Honestly they still have a lot to prove but I prefer them as underdogs.

What cracks me up though is Marshall Faulk. That mother f*cker is the most biased guy around. Hates the 49ers, hates the Pats and any team that ever faced the Rams or Colts.

His logic is that the Bills are in better position to make the playoffs because they have 2 more games against the Jets, 2 more against the Dolphins and 1 more against the Pats? And yet the 5 games the 49ers have against Arizona, Rams and Seattle do what?

There's also the fact that right now Buffalo is tied for the division lead with the Patriots a team that has won that division like 10 out of the last 12 years. Meanwhile this early in the season the 49ers already have a 3 game lead over the 2nd place team.

I swear that guy shouldn't be allowed to be on TV. Great player but he's as stupid as they come.

/rant
Share 49ersWebzone