LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Morgan Officially placed on IR according to 49ers.com

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
replace josh with his va-tech teammate cut by the donkey's.

u speaking of eddie royal with cheese? is he available? he sure fell off after his rookie year

yes sir. thanks for that. yes him. i'll get him over zig-zag or any p.s cat
If there is in fact an update on Morgan, can a mod please put it in the OP? I'd rather not have to wade through a couple dozen pages in order to find out the latest news with him.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Sucks that Morgan got hurt hopefully someone else comes in and steps up.

Welcome back dude . . .

thanks dude good to be back.

It feels great being 4-1.

And still under the radar . . . gotta love it.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If there is in fact an update on Morgan, can a mod please put it in the OP? I'd rather not have to wade through a couple dozen pages in order to find out the latest news with him.

He's got a broken ankle. That usually means 4-6 weeks for a normal break, but there's no official estimate out yet. If it's a break that requires surgery, then it'll be longer.

So 4-6 weeks is right around Thanksgiving.
[ Edited by ghostrider on Oct 10, 2011 at 9:39 AM ]
I'm sure some one has mentioned this but as much as we abhor T.O.....he really wouldn't be a terrible option. His work ethic is undeniable and he's familiar with the WCO. With Braylon AND Joshua out...we're really lacking in the "big physical WR" dept. Owens would be a decent stop gap.
  • dj43
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

this

My guess is that we may have to wait for more X-rays. If they decide to operate, we will know after the surgery. The other option is that they may decide that surgery is not the best option but will have to wait for the swelling to go down in order to get more definitive X-rays. Good news is it appears to be a break, not a bad sprain.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I'm sure some one has mentioned this but as much as we abhor T.O.....he really wouldn't be a terrible option. His work ethic is undeniable and he's familiar with the WCO. With Braylon AND Joshua out...we're really lacking in the "big physical WR" dept. Owens would be a decent stop gap.

I'm a huge TO fan and always thought that he's gotten a bad rap from the media...but I don't want him. This team has some seriously positive mojo working, and when TO comes around he brings the circus with him. This team has JUST started to buy into Harbaugh and see the results, but I think that sort of atmosphere is still fragile since it's only been 5 weeks.

I wish TO well, but I hope he goes elsewhere.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 10, 2011 at 9:42 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

I agree Lambda, I think he would help out the offense a lot. And I don't think he would cause that much of a stir knowing that his career is coming to an end and he would be expendable without hesitation. Low risk high reward IMO.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Welcome back dude . . .

thanks dude good to be back.

It feels great being 4-1.

Behind harball, and alex smith's leadership.

Hola, mi amigo. Welcome back to the fun! ...and the madness.

F**k I think Morgan is done for the year.

I believe in Kyle Williams.
going in for surgery today
Joshua Morgan, who since entering the league in 2008 has been the 49ers' most dependable and durable wide receiver, will have surgery today on his fractured right ankle, according to a source with knowledge of the procedure. The 49ers have not yet decided whether Morgan, 26, will be placed on injured reserve, which would end his season.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/10/wr-morgan-to-undergo-surgery-today.html#ixzz1aOmFsLbY

Doesn't mean he's out yet......
Originally posted by jreff22:
Joshua Morgan, who since entering the league in 2008 has been the 49ers' most dependable and durable wide receiver, will have surgery today on his fractured right ankle, according to a source with knowledge of the procedure. The 49ers have not yet decided whether Morgan, 26, will be placed on injured reserve, which would end his season.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/10/wr-morgan-to-undergo-surgery-today.html#ixzz1aOmFsLbY

Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by jreff22:

I always think of that when someone says there is a chance.

I hope morgan just stays out the rest of the season, heal up and come back good. Ankle injuries and sprains suck, and stick around forever.
Share 49ersWebzone