There are 177 users in the forums

Very quietly::

Shop Find 49ers gear online
People need to pay more attention that you are talking about this draft class not all the others so the ADavis EThomas thing is moot.

Agree, this class got panned by many in the Zone. Looks like Baalke did pretty good however the final grade has to be in 3 years. I'm really impressed w/ Aldon and Hunter. Kap won't see real playing time unless Alex get hurt. Having him learn from the sidelines is not a bad thing - arron Rodgers turned out pretty good - in fact he's excellent. Miller gets a little better every week and Kilgore and Culliver seem to be MUCH better than the comments after the draft.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
this years draft has been great--best in years----all the way down to the Bruce Miller pick. If QB K proves to be a good one---this will go down as the best Niner draft since 86!

I'm more interested in Tolzien. Why would they risk going into this season with 2 rookie qbs behind Alex? If Kaepernick turns out to be good then so be it, I just think Tolzien will be better suited as our future QB and glad they were able to pick him up. They're both in good hands with Harbaugh so I can't wait to see how things develop.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
I pretty much liked every pick except the Kaepernick pick.

How can you not like that pick... Big ben and flacco went to small schools. This kids got legs we've seen that already just natural talent. If Jim can make alex look this good, what will he do with a talent and big arm such as colin, who will get the aaron rodgers treatment with a clipboard!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
People need to pay more attention that you are talking about this draft class not all the others so the ADavis EThomas thing is moot.

Agree, this class got panned by many in the Zone. Looks like Baalke did pretty good however the final grade has to be in 3 years. I'm really impressed w/ Aldon and Hunter. Kap won't see real playing time unless Alex get hurt. Having him learn from the sidelines is not a bad thing - arron Rodgers turned out pretty good - in fact he's excellent. Miller gets a little better every week and Kilgore and Culliver seem to be MUCH better than the comments after the draft.

How good would this draft class be without our coaching staff though? Throw in all the politics that they have had to deal with in the past and you wouldn't see these guys even set foot on the field.
Originally posted by gamechanger:
How good would this draft class be without our coaching staff though? Throw in all the politics that they have had to deal with in the past and you wouldn't see these guys even set foot on the field.

Really? I thought Sing loved starting rookies. Iupati/Davis/Mays/Phillip Adams (I'm sure I'm missing a few) all got snaps their rookie year.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by verb1der:
It's all starting to make sense, a majority of Baalke's picks, his decision on the perfect coach, and how it all sets everything up for the emergence of Alex Smith.

Please explain what you find so amusing? If its the fact that fly15 alluded to "the emergence of Alex Smith" then I would be really careful what I was laughing at if I were you. Otherwise come seasons end you are going to feel like a horses a$$
[ Edited by goodthings19 on Oct 8, 2011 at 2:36 PM ]

same here
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Please explain what you find so amusing? If its the fact that fly15 alluded to "the emergence of Alex Smith" then I would be really careful what I was laughing at if I were you. Otherwise come seasons end you are going to feel like a horses a$$

dude its fly
Winning makes everything look good.
Originally posted by gamechanger:

Right. This is what I was thinking. It was well debated over the years... poor draft picks VS poor development.

Hard to say we are just missing on the picks when we had such clear ineptness in coaching. A lot of poorly utilized players and square peg, round hole nonsense to contend with.

I really didn't like many of our draft picks at the time. I did really like the Hunter selection though.

Sure am liking most of them now though. Go Niners !!!

Can you explain further? Because what I see is a young man with a whole bunch of talent. He has the wheels to keep the LB's honest. He the brains to understand the playbook. He has in Harbaughs words "A HOSE" to make the difficult pass. So what is disappointing about the Kaepernick pick? I hope you will not respond with "pre-season" because if you do Ill just think .
Kap we won't know about for at least a yr. Aldon could very well be a choice we gloat about for yrs. The kid is REALLY good, and i did not even have him on my radar screen. Miller is going to get more playing time, Hunter so far looks like a young Frank / sproules kind of back, who is just incredibly fast, shifty, and bound to become fantastic. Bowman, man he just gets better by the day, and his play against Vick was sensational. My bottom line favorite , outstanding pick for the next decade, tho was Harbaugh. He is a true coach's and players coach, who can and does teach every position on the field, both O and D...exactly the way it should be for a true HC. Also, finally we got a HC who is also an OC, QB , OL, RB,WR, TE, DL, DB,S, LB and ST coach. We all remember the last coach like that, the GOAT, Bill Walsh. Harbaugh has a way to go, but he certainly has improved every single position on this team, most importantly, the OL...and mainly by coaching around them.(with quick 1-2 step drops on passes, getting the box 8 off the OL) On D, where we have CB and S that can't cover, he has them blitz...successfully. His playcalling is obviously the best since Walsh left, and his "suprises" for opponents keep on coming each week. He has made the 9ers fun to watch again, in that we have been in every game. He lost the Dallas game, but learned his lesson and ran frank against the Eagles instead of taking an knee and playing not to lose. Yeah...it was a great yr.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Oct 8, 2011 at 3:50 PM ]
Originally posted by BHulman:
The Niner WCO was at its very best when Tom Rathman entered the line-up. Remember how the offense was kind of flat-line for a couple of years with Cribbs and Craig? If Miller can develop into anything close to what Rathman use to do then I think the Niner's will have a really valuable piece of the WCO in place and a heck of a find.

I was hoping we would get Marceic(sp?).. Anybody know how he is doing????
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Originally posted by BHulman:
The Niner WCO was at its very best when Tom Rathman entered the line-up. Remember how the offense was kind of flat-line for a couple of years with Cribbs and Craig? If Miller can develop into anything close to what Rathman use to do then I think the Niner's will have a really valuable piece of the WCO in place and a heck of a find.

I understand Cleveland fans are underwhelmed.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:

Yeah, lots of fans felt the same. I wanted Anthony Sherman (UCONN), but the Cards snatched him up in the 5th, I think.

I think we have the right guy in Miller though. He's faster, stronger, and has better hands than does Marecic.
Share 49ersWebzone