LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Very quietly::

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is turning out to be an excellent draft class, our first rounder is gonna be a beast, our 2nd developing if needed in the future, 3rd rounder in the mix for playing time at corner, 4th? already started a game and has been playing very well, 5th & 6th developing and 7th starting already and looking good for future years.not bad huh? thoughts please...
It's all starting to make sense, a majority of Baalke's picks, his decision on the perfect coach, and how it all sets everything up for the emergence of Alex Smith.
I pretty much liked every pick except the Kaepernick pick.
anthony davis ahead of earl thomas was a mistake. I still think it's possible Davis develops into a good player, but so far, not so good.
Originally posted by dhp318:
anthony davis ahead of earl thomas was a mistake. I still think it's possible Davis develops into a good player, but so far, not so good.

haha i think he meant last years draft
Aldon Smith and Hunter are already paying dividends while the others are looking good for down the road. If Culliver and Kilgore end up starting or playing a lot by years end this draft will have to be seen as successful. Then my next hope is for Person because we need competition on the line. Staley looked better but I wonder if his back is fully mended. And Bruce Miller? Wow! He has looked really great considering he was a D guy in college.
I'm surprised a lot of our rookies are seeing the field. Other than Kendall Hunter, the thought on our draft class was that we had a lot of raw, physical specimens who had great upside, but were project players.

So far, so good...

I'm so curious what happens with our QB position in the next three years.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Aldon Smith and Hunter are already paying dividends while the others are looking good for down the road. If Culliver and Kilgore end up starting or playing a lot by years end this draft will have to be seen as successful. Then my next hope is for Person because we need competition on the line. Staley looked better but I wonder if his back is fully mended. And Bruce Miller? Wow! He has looked really great considering he was a D guy in college.

The Niner WCO was at its very best when Tom Rathman entered the line-up. Remember how the offense was kind of flat-line for a couple of years with Cribbs and Craig? If Miller can develop into anything close to what Rathman use to do then I think the Niner's will have a really valuable piece of the WCO in place and a heck of a find.
Originally posted by dhp318:

And how about Mike Rumph, boy he's not very good either, I don't think he ever will be.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
I pretty much liked every pick except the Kaepernick pick.

He made up for it by getting Tolzien!

Originally posted by BHulman:
The Niner WCO was at its very best when Tom Rathman entered the line-up. Remember how the offense was kind of flat-line for a couple of years with Cribbs and Craig? If Miller can develop into anything close to what Rathman use to do then I think the Niner's will have a really valuable piece of the WCO in place and a heck of a find.

Yes, and Miller looks incredible so far. Surprises me to see him catch the ball so well. Will have to read up on his background a bit to see what he played in HS. If Rathman can turn him into a model of himself great! Another weapon!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
It's all starting to make sense, a majority of Baalke's picks, his decision on the perfect coach, and how it all sets everything up for the emergence of Alex Smith.

this years draft has been great--best in years----all the way down to the Bruce Miller pick. If QB K proves to be a good one---this will go down as the best Niner draft since 86!
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
And how about Mike Rumph, boy he's not very good either, I don't think he ever will be.

lol wtf
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by BHulman:

Yes, and Miller looks incredible so far. Surprises me to see him catch the ball so well. Will have to read up on his background a bit to see what he played in HS. If Rathman can turn him into a model of himself great! Another weapon!

I remember reading somewhere that he played tight end in high school
Share 49ersWebzone