LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Why doesnt Patrick Willis make any big plays?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
First, I LOVE P WILLY and think he is a very good linebacker BUT I just feel he never makes any really game changing plays like forced fumbles, ints, sacks (I know he doesnt blitz that often), defensive TD's. He is a tackling machine and deserves credit for that.

I just look at Ray lewis and some ohters and they always make big plays like big 4th qt tackles and other things.

What do you all think
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
cuz he sux. Bowman is the best MLB in the league.
he wants to be a Cowboy
cut willis now!!!!
Originally posted by rtj03:
First, I LOVE P WILLY and think he is a very good linebacker BUT I just feel he never makes any really game changing plays like forced fumbles, ints, sacks (I know he doesnt blitz that often), defensive TD's. He is a tackling machine and deserves credit for that.

I just look at Ray lewis and some ohters and they always make big plays like big 4th qt tackles and other things.

What do you all think

No inside 'backer had more sacks than him last year...
crabtrees fault
Blame Obama

What do you all think

I feel the same way about him. Don't get me wrong, he's an absolute beast but he really needs to make a bigger impact with some game changing plays.
I'm paid!!!
[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 7, 2011 at 11:01 AM ]
lol. Willis hasn't made any game changing/big plays this year. But over his career he certainly has. Let's not throw the dude under the bus just because for once he's not doing it all by himself.

• VDSF
  • Veteran
IMO he's probably looking out for the check downs and when he does blitz the opposing OL double teams and that leaves Bowman and or Brooks to pressure, but seeing how Bowman and Brooks pressure and adding Aldon Smith after his performance vs the eagles i think it makes sense he stays in the zone to cover any check downs or runs.

What do you all think

I think he just shows up to work and does his job. I think Bowman is benefitting from D's trying to take Willis out of the play. Thats not gonna work for long tho because Bowman has stepped up.
If you are a student of the game you'd understand why. Sacks-he hasn't been utilized as much. The guy does what he is assigned to do. Make tackles and make sure they don't get past him. As for interceptions, the less they throw your way the less you have opportunities. This year Bowman has the numbers cause everyone is keying on him so the traffic is flowing NB's way and NB is doing his job.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm paid!!!

A coupe? Come on Willis..you are better than that.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
cuz he sux. Bowman is the best MLB in the league.

THIS
Share 49ersWebzone