There are 167 users in the forums

The "remembering what we wanted this past offseason" thread,

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I never wanted Kolb

Nnamndi would have been a great pick up

I never wanted Gabbert

And i wanted spikes back b/c he was playing at a high level.

I was down for McNabb.
They all look like good moves but you can't say how it would have turned out for the Niners. Kolb was never worth it but it's only week 5. Let's see if him and Fitz have that offense running better towards the end of the year. If Alex was put into a position where he could succeed this year under Harbs than how do we know how Kolb would have done under Harbs or Gabbert....or Mcnabb (He is not the Vikings biggest problem).

Namdi- Would love to have him but not at his price. He is better than he's playing. He's having to learn a new scheme as he goes. Eagles will get better.

Spikes - would still have been good. He always has been.

In all, I agree that we made the right decisions with those players. My opinion is Baalke has been Fantastic and could one day be great if not already. We didn't spend a lot of money on anyone, resigned our star players and it looks like so far we are building a good team through the draft... Bowman, Aldon, Hunter, Iupati, Miller, etc...
There was some super Ricky Stanzi fanhood going on for awhile here. Next Joe Montana type fanhood.
Good post...

And we had to sell out to keep Franklin, Lawson and Goldson too. LMAO...Goldson had the only upside, signed for cheap (to say the least), had to re-earn his starting spot and is now playing better (more humbly). Epic win...plus we have an upgrade with Brooks, Haralson is back to playing better in a PT basis and we drafted Aldon and allowed Bowman a chance to prove himself (and he is). In addition, we had plenty of money to get two S's in FA, a former prowbowl C and resign some of our own including Alex Smith and bring in a top notch WR. out with the old, developing players and bringing in starters/depth coupled with the draft = one hell of an off-season. And adding Tolzien was a special move as well...converting a LB to FB too? Hell yeah...this time it worked!!! The FO deserves some credit esp. when coupled with even bringing in Harbaugh and his coaching staff in the first place.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
There was some super Ricky Stanzi fanhood going on for awhile here. Next Joe Montana type fanhood.

I remember this, the Qb I wanted was Dalton, and I also wanted PP7 with a passion, since we would have had a decent corner/ safety for years.
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I wanted a cheese burger.

this

I still want one !
Yeah, remember when Harbaugh came out of his bat cave and declared that Alex Smith is a capable NFL qb and looking forward to working with him...NT almost had a meltdown.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 7, 2011 at 11:48 AM ]
I wanted Alex Smith to be our QB... had no interest in a vet FA or 1st round QB.

I wanted Lance Moore as a Niners WR, but was very happy we landed Braylon Edwards.

I wanted Robert Quinn with our 1st rounder, but have no complaints with Aldon Smith.

I wanted Aubrayo Franklin out on his arse, and he was!

I wanted Christian Ponder or Andy Dalton in the 2nd round, but they were gone... I'm okay with Kaepernick, I guess.
I wanted Harbaugh badly, and when the Dolphins enter the game and rumored to give more money. All seems to be lost, I was depressed. Harbaugh showed he loves Walsh and the Niners by signing with us. I didn't really care about anything else after that, cause I knew we will be in good hands by someone competent.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 7, 2011 at 12:29 PM ]
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I wanted Alex Smith to be our QB... had no interest in a vet FA or 1st round QB.

I wanted Lance Moore as a Niners WR, but was very happy we landed Braylon Edwards.

I wanted Robert Quinn with our 1st rounder, but have no complaints with Aldon Smith.

I wanted Aubrayo Franklin out on his arse, and he was!

I wanted Christian Ponder or Andy Dalton in the 2nd round, but they were gone... I'm okay with Kaepernick, I guess.

Wanted ALex smith, because everyone else sucked. (wanted to get matt moore to compete in camp)
Wanted T.O
Wanted Jonathan Joseph
Wanted PP7
Wanted aubrayo and goldson to walk, but so far goldson has been good so i'm glad he is back.
Still wanted dalton, if we had to draft a QB. I was hoping we waited till next year and got Moore.

Head coaching list was 1a. Gruden and 1b. Harbaugh.

I really wanted RayMac to be re-signed and for Franklin to leave and Sopoaga to take his spot. I'm stoked that it happened.
I always liked Takeo and wanted to see him back but for Bowman to get a lot of playing time.
Really wanted Lawson back and if not him then LaBoy. Very happy with our OLB's right now, we could use another though.
Wanted Peterson or Quinn in the first round, if both were gone then Amukamara.
Happy we got Kaepernick but I liked Locker and Ponder more and was hoping one would fall to the second.
Was hoping we could land Nnamdi and I liked that we were at least in the running for a bit.
I just wanted Nnamdi. Didn't give a f**k about anyone else lulz.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I just wanted Nnamdi. Didn't give a f**k about anyone else lulz.

This.

Originally posted by gamechanger:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Baalke did exactly what I wanted, that's why I am his biggest fan in here!

Tolzien was a great pick up too! It shows that he is willing to say he might of made a mistake on Keapernick. I can't wait to see what these guys do after Alex has won 2-3 superbowls.

WHA!?! Why does Tolzien mean they think they may have made a mistake with Kaep? Thats pretty much taking YOUR viewpoint and inserting into a situation.

They wanted Tolzien before they ever saw Kaep play. The attempted to sign him as soon as they were able, but SD got him instead.
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Baalke did exactly what I wanted, that's why I am his biggest fan in here!

Tolzien was a great pick up too! It shows that he is willing to say he might of made a mistake on Keapernick. I can't wait to see what these guys do after Alex has won 2-3 superbowls.

If it wasn't for Baalke we wouldn't have Jim Harbaugh....Jed would've never gotten that done on his own!

The haters are real quiet.
Share 49ersWebzone