LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

The "remembering what we wanted this past offseason" thread,

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not sure if this is okay to place in Niner talk, and I am not trying to step on anyones toes with this thread but here is what a lot of us wanted:

Kolb - Would have given up draft picks, so we wouldn't have CK - Kolb would be stinking it up right now.

Namdi - Would have been the second coming of Clements and we wopuld be pissed right now.

B. Gabbert - we would be pissed off because he would be getting killed behind our O-line and A. Smith would probably be gone. Not to mention we wouldn't have Aldon "longest arms in the west" Smith.

Re-sign T. Spikes - No one saw Bowman coming like he is, would have been a waist on the bench.

Am I missing anything here? T. Baalk is not the best but he and JH had a vision. These guys seem to be okay with the moves they made as well as the ones they didn't make. What do you think?
Out of those guys I only wanted to re-sign TKO and even still it was understood he was giving way to Bowman sooner or later. But nah I really never wanted the other guys, we weren't in position to sign Namdi, and Kolb was AJ Feely 2.0.
And what about all the peeps who wanted McNabb??

I wanted a cheese burger.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Not sure if this is okay to place in Niner talk, and I am not trying to step on anyones toes with this thread but here is what a lot of us wanted:

Kolb - Would have given up draft picks, so we wouldn't have CK - Kolb would be stinking it up right now.

Namdi - Would have been the second coming of Clements and we wopuld be pissed right now.

B. Gabbert - we would be pissed off because he would be getting killed behind our O-line and A. Smith would probably be gone. Not to mention we wouldn't have Aldon "longest arms in the west" Smith.

Re-sign T. Spikes - No one saw Bowman coming like he is, would have been a waist on the bench.

Am I missing anything here? T. Baalk is not the best but he and JH had a vision. These guys seem to be okay with the moves they made as well as the ones they didn't make. What do you think?

Negative! JH would have turned them into winners!
.you forgot about mcnabb.
[ Edited by stunder49 on Oct 7, 2011 at 10:45 AM ]
i wanted namdi and bowman

still think namdi is a good fit for us he needs to be in bump in run coverage to be effective eagles arent using him right
Maybe Alex would've gone to the Colts, I wonder how that would've turned out.
Kolb - I was in favor of trading for him, but glad I'm wrong so far. Cards gave up too much + overpaid for him.

NA - I was sooo happy that we were in the running, but understood why we didn't offer a ton of money. I guess I got caught up in the NA + drafting PP idea, yet neither happened.

Gabbert - Never wanted him, would've been happy drafting Locker, but we got Aldon instead.

Takeo - Didn't wanna see him go, wanted his first playoff appearance to be with the Niners, he's been a great team player and leader for PW. Glad Bowman has stepped up his game, really surprising me so far this season.
Baalke did exactly what I wanted, that's why I am his biggest fan in here!

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I wanted a cheese burger.

this
Originally posted by verb1der:

Tolzien was a great pick up too! It shows that he is willing to say he might of made a mistake on Keapernick. I can't wait to see what these guys do after Alex has won 2-3 superbowls.
Originally posted by Chico:
Negative! JH would have turned them into winners!

This he would have made kolb play at least to Smiths level of play.
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Originally posted by verb1der:

Tolzien was a great pick up too! It shows that he is willing to say he might of made a mistake on Keapernick. I can't wait to see what these guys do after Alex has won 2-3 superbowls.

If it wasn't for Baalke we wouldn't have Jim Harbaugh....Jed would've never gotten that done on his own!

The haters are real quiet.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

McNabb, Patrick Perterson, Prince, the other FA CBs, JJ Watt, what was the other DL that others wanted us to draft that hadn't played in a year? I'm glad they didn't make a lot of those moves. I said, I didn't want to overpay, and that we'd be okay when the market settles. Not saying we did great, but made decent solid moves. While many us just to do something to show on paper we were trying, but you don't play the game on paper. Now we are in better position to resign players or make a move if there truly is a game changer to be had next year.
Share 49ersWebzone