There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Some random thoughts about this team and where we're at....direction we're heade

Originally posted by dwett:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
This...I am beginning to think Smith might be able to be one of the top qbs. He is getting better every time out and has surprised me with how accurate he has become. He is fitting passes into very tight windows with regularity. If the o line gets it together, there are only a couple of teams I worry about, and none I don't think we can hang with.

I am a Smith supporter and still am skeptical of that. Will say this though. I am curious to see how a confident Alex Smith will grow vs one that has been beaten down. Will he start to trust his instincts and show the talents that made him a number 1 pick? After 4 games he has a 97 QB rating so he is progressing to the standard you are talking about.

I agree. I'm beginning to think Smith's a QB that needs to be in a good offensive system that he's "coached up" in to be successful. I think that's probably what Urban Meyer meant when Smith came out of college with the "non-functional until he gets it" quote. As we all know, this is only the second year in his career that he's been in that type of environment. At the end of last season I thought it was best for Smith and the 49ers to part ways, but thought it was definitely worthwhile to bring him back for a year with Harbaugh coaching him up. Sometimes I think certain QB's need to be in certain offensive systems to be successful. Remember how poorly Jeff Garcia played in Cleveland? With the exception of the truly great QB's, I don't think it's a "plug and play" position.

As far as his accuracy goes (or inaccuracy), I wonder if it's been a mental or physical issue (or both) with him. I don't think physical inaccuracy can be improved much---you either have it or you don't to a certain extent. But if his inaccuracy issues have been primarily mental issues because of a lack of confidence and the "beatdown" he's received in the past, then I'm curious to see if it improves this year. I know it's a baseball analogy, but even Tim Lincecum has accuracy issues sometimes. I've always been under the impression Smith could be an above average QB with good coaching. Can he become great? Who knows at this point---but certainly not without some great coaching. The first step would be for him to play consistently above average this season. By the end of the year, I'm sure we'll have a better idea of what kind of QB he is and possibly what he could become in the future.
good post
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
I agree. I'm beginning to think Smith's a QB that needs to be in a good offensive system that he's "coached up" in to be successful. I think that's probably what Urban Meyer meant when Smith came out of college with the "non-functional until he gets it" quote. As we all know, this is only the second year in his career that he's been in that type of environment. At the end of last season I thought it was best for Smith and the 49ers to part ways, but thought it was definitely worthwhile to bring him back for a year with Harbaugh coaching him up. Sometimes I think certain QB's need to be in certain offensive systems to be successful. Remember how poorly Jeff Garcia played in Cleveland? With the exception of the truly great QB's, I don't think it's a "plug and play" position.

As far as his accuracy goes (or inaccuracy), I wonder if it's been a mental or physical issue (or both) with him. I don't think physical inaccuracy can be improved much---you either have it or you don't to a certain extent. But if his inaccuracy issues have been primarily mental issues because of a lack of confidence and the "beatdown" he's received in the past, then I'm curious to see if it improves this year. I know it's a baseball analogy, but even Tim Lincecum has accuracy issues sometimes. I've always been under the impression Smith could be an above average QB with good coaching. Can he become great? Who knows at this point---but certainly not without some great coaching. The first step would be for him to play consistently above average this season. By the end of the year, I'm sure we'll have a better idea of what kind of QB he is and possibly what he could become in the future.

Accuracy can be taught, it is all about throwing mechanics and footwork. Smiths mechanics have been poor and his release point was consistently high, that is why he sails passes sometimes. What blows my mind is how we never had coaches correct it, or maybe they never saw it. The Lincecum analogy works as pitching is about throwing mechanics too. I agree Smith has a way to go to be a top qb, but it looks to me that he finally has the mentor he needs to help him get there. If he remains in the top ten rated qbs, I think that qualifies.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Accuracy can be taught, it is all about throwing mechanics and footwork. Smiths mechanics have been poor and his release point was consistently high, that is why he sails passes sometimes. What blows my mind is how we never had coaches correct it, or maybe they never saw it. The Lincecum analogy works as pitching is about throwing mechanics too. I agree Smith has a way to go to be a top qb, but it looks to me that he finally has the mentor he needs to help him get there. If he remains in the top ten rated qbs, I think that qualifies.

I like what Alex says about doing less and I think that's why he's thriving this year. Harbaugh has him focused on trusting his athletic instincts and the difference in Smith's play is like night and day. The less he thinks about doing things "right" the easier it becomes to actually do them. That's why I believe his accuracy, decision making, etc are all vastly improved,
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
will read if others read

Originally posted by ninerfan29:
Didnt. Read.

Originally posted by fly15:

Thanks for contributing.

Good post Gonzo. I agree with most of it.
Thank you for a thoughtful and interesting post.

I concur with most of what you said. I agree with your QB assessment. In fact, I still disagree with the decision to bring him back. This regime, I felt, needed to build a whole new attitude which is more difficult to do with one of the major reasons for past failure returning. My preference (voiced much earlier) would have been to make a strong play for Hasselback ( I believe that he would have come, judging from remarks Steve Young made, and the fact that he has family in the Bay Area, if only Harbaugh wasn't singing the praises of the current guy - completely unnecessarily). With Hasselback, I believe that this team would go deep in the playoffs, which I don't believe possible with AS.

While, like you, I am buoyed by the team's current success (achieved off the back of it's excellent defensive play), it could still go all wrong and the next couple of weeks will be critical in determining this. If the team plays well, even if they lose, it will still be OK. But if they show the old propensity for playing poorly at critical times, it will revert back to the same ole - same ole. Alex is capable of managing a game. But, as you point out, he is not an instinctive player. And certainly not inspirational. Which is sometimes needed in moments of adversity. And is IMO an essential component of a franchise QB.

That said, his mistake free second-half play was central to the Niners' comeback win over the Eagles and he did do it against Seattle five years ago. I just don't believe it's a trend. But time will tell.

On the defensive side: The team made excellent moves in the off season. Both in draft and FA. Unlike some, I was really stoked by the Smith and Culliver picks. Smith, not surprisingly, is already showing good returns. However, with proper coaching and mentoring, I believe Culliver will also prove a better-than-average pick up. I strongly agreed with the Lawson, Franklin (partly for money considerations), and Clements (obviously) releases. And did not believe that Spikes was much of a loss. Pleasantly surprised by how much better Bowman has played than expected, though.

Don't believe Franklin is missed
Your post was good reading though!
[ Edited by Rsrkshn on Oct 6, 2011 at 10:32 AM ]
It seems like Baalke and Jim are on the same page. McCloughlan had some big mistakes. But I think it all started with the offseason, even though we had a shortened one, we made all the right moves.

Move Sopoaga to the inside and get rid of franklin. He may not make as many plays as Franklin but he's bigger and clogs the middle more so that are backers can make plays.

Bowman for Spikes - I loved Spikes, but Bowman is incredible.

Bye Manny Lawson - I thought we could have kept him to compliment the rush backer, but I like the Haralson, Brooks, even though he jumps offsides and gets neutral zone infractions, but Brooks makes up for that with plays, and the drafting of Aldon Smith who is starting to look like a beast.

Rogers for Nate "Toast" Clemens - GREAT PICK, we all knew Nate wasn't a shutdown corner, they overpaid and I'm so glad he's gone. Rogers is looking great.

Ray McDonald vs Sopoaga - We had a dominant run line, but we got shredded on screens......this year with RayMac he is getting pressure, he looks like Justin Smith right now.

Jettison Taylor Mays - This is the only pick that really sucks. We should have never drafted the clown, but this was a DINGLE-BERRY Pick who had visions of "Old School" SS in his head, too bad the guy has no ball skills, is kind of a p***y in laying the wood, and is too stiff for coverage.

Drafting Kendall Hunter - WHAT A GREAT PICK, probably the best RB in the draft looking right now. The guy has such great feet, a nice burst, and great balance. I was reading the NFL draft bio on him and they wrote, is not fast enough to break off big runs in the NFL......WHAT A JOKE!!!!!! I'm actually glad Frank got dinged up a bit, so they can feature Kendall more, hopefully they can keep them both fresh.......I say get them both in the backfield.

Donte Whitner signing - we needed safety help and he's playing good, Reggie Smith shows some flashes but I still think the guy is too slow.

Dashon Goldson for cheap - Rumor has it that Goldson turned down 20 million for the 49ers to TEST the market..........and no one wanted him. Maybe that will keep the guy's head in check. I actually met him last year at a meet and greet, and you could tell his agent (I think it's Rosenhaus) was blowing smoke up his ass. But I'm glad we got him back this year. He still needs to make some picks.

Synder for Rachal - They both lost a lot of weight over last year, and I know Chilo's got upside, but DAMN IT he makes a lot of mistakes. Unfortunately I don't think we are down drafting for guards, but I think a slimmer Synder can be more effective for us, I've noticed him getting to the second level and being mobile unlike "heavy feet" chilo.

Akers for Nedney (retired) - I think it was key to get Akers for cheap, the guy is a stud. Nedney was good too, too bad he had to retire, but getting a veteran like Akers gives them more confidence to try the long distance field goals.

USING MOTION - I love the way harbaugh uses motion and moves the players around. It makes the defense hesistate and opens up plays for Alex.

Resigning Alex Smith - Jim Harbaugh wanted Alex, and went after him. And in the new offense Alex is playing great and he has been without Crabtree at 100% and with Braylon hurt. Alex is making good decisions. Now if the Offensive line can give him more time, then you will really see him shine.

Greg Roman vs Jimmy Raye - Yes, we run the football a lot, but I don't think we are tipping our hand as often as Jimmy Raye. I think it's important that we do run the ball, because it softens up the d. We just need to mix in more SLANTS, and quick passes like the Crabtree, Morgan, and Vernon big plays.

I'm going to use a DINGLEBERRY saying we are OUT-FFFFFFFFFFHYSICALING the other teams. It seems like every game, we are the ones who are knocking guys out, swarming to the ball, and punishing on Offense and Defense......our front seven on D are really sick right now, that they can get pressure with 4. Hopefully the O-line is making strides to be better than the first 3 games, but if they can start being dominant than we really have something.

Harbaugh vs DINGLEBERRY - Dingleberry was respected as a player, but he was a joke as a coach. He can't outthink the other coaches in the NFL and is not a head coach. Harbaugh was a great signing, probably the most important signing they have had in the past 15 years. He brings a lot to the table and he is getting the most out of his players.

I'm excited for this team, but we got some tough opponents in the next couple weeks especially with the injuries that we have. But we still got 5 games against the rest of the WEST!!!! GO NINERS.
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:

I have to disagree with what you said about physical inaccuracy. Smith's accuracy problems started with with his footwork mechanics, that's why Harbaugh drop back drilled them to death this summer Also his actual throwing mechanics is different also. His technic improved, along with the new found knowledge that Harbaugh knew WTF he was doing, brought about his confidence.

When I started playing golf a few years ago, a friend of mine, who is a very good golfer, taught me the basics. Well I had this wicked slice that he could not figure how to fix. He kept saying, "Man, your swing looks good. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong". Well I happen to live in the golf capital of the world, so I decided to take swing lessons from one of the hundreds of pro instructors in the Coachella Valley. What she was able to see and fix in just 20-mins was amazing. The whole mechanics of my swing was wrong, my initial weight distribution, swing sequence, weight transfer, and follow through, you name it. (By the way these same elements are involved in throwing a football also) It was ALL wrong. My buddy, even though he was good at playing golf, didn't have a clue as to what he was looking at - he was not a teacher. He didn't know bad mechanics when he saw it. Sound familiar?

Our past coaching staff represents my friend the golfer, who could not fix mechanics or knew wtf they where looking at.

Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
So just ot give some background....been a niners fan ever since i started watching football, grew up watching the early-mid 90s Steve Young led Niner teams and have followed intently throughout. Unfortunately, this team lost a decade of football with the Erickson-Nolan-Singletary BS regimes. I think we all knew they were b******t deep down but wanted to believe we were trending towards the defensive dominated teams that were en vogue the last few years. BUT - We're the niners. We're supposed to be running the WCO, supposed to be dominating offensively and driving the opposing defense nuts, and all the while still playing stout defense.

While i was happy to see the WCO offense return where it rightfully belongs, i wasn't convinced about Harbaugh or ready to anoint him Bill Walsh Jr. when he got hired, the way others did. I don't know that i'm convinced just yet, but I do like what I'm seeing. He's building a team with great rapport, there's no doubt we're playing 100mph from snap to whistle on defense and really getting after it, swarming to the ball the way Nolan and Singletary were supposed to have us playing. And on top of all that, this past week I actually felt like i was seeing some legit WCO. The 2nd half was damn near bliss. There was timing, rhythm, we were keeping the defense off balance and guessing. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

So....credit where credit is due. Harbaugh still has a lot of work to do, but this team is starting to click and react rather than think. Not having the the full training camp hurt us a lot because everything and everyone were so new to each other. We weren't the Jets-Pats-Steelers-Packers-Giants who have had the same roster and playbooks for the past 3-4-5 years. So it only makes sense that it's taken a little over a month to start to see things come together. And we should only continue to improve and start to get "it" as the season progresses. People complained about the vanilla playcalling but in reality, I just don't think our players were ready for extended, in-depth playcalling because they were still digesting the playbook. Now it seems like they're getting more and more comfortable. The biggest takeaway is that we've won the tough, close games that we normally would lose the past few years. We could easily be 4-0 and it wouldn't be an aberration.

With regards to the roster...our offensive line still needs some work. Those guys are starting to get it, but Rachal needs to go for sure. We need more depth. Goodwin is coming along fine which I'm pleased with cuz you need a solid veteran center like him. Our OLine will be our achilles heel this season I think.

As solid, if unspectacular, as Alex Smith has been, we still need a legit WCO QB. I actually really like and respect Alex, but he was never a true football player/quarterback. He's a guy who plays football and plays QB, but isn't one...if that makes sense. I just don't think he's ever had a real feel for the game the way the naturals do. Even so, he isn't losing us games and is actually starting to win some for us.

Gore is still the man but I'm just ecstatic about Hunter. Not sure if he's an everydown back, but he's the change of pace RB we've been looking for the past decade. While Nolan and Sings wanted smashmouth, big, bruising backs, Hunter has proven to be the small/shifty RB that can break a play open. Kudos to the new regime for drafting him and recognizing the football player there, rather than dismissing him because of his size/measurements/combine stats.

I still like the idea of Anthony Dixon, but it seems he's fallen out of favor with the coaching staff. His biggest problem IMO is that he doesn't run big. He wants to run like Hunter but can't, and i'm sure that drives the coaches nuts.

So long as our QB is getting good protection, our WRs will run their routes and get open. Crabs, Morgan...wish Braylon were out there. Vernon Davis...the WCO is a TE's best friend. Love seeing him cross over the middle, run the fade...he's key to what we do and we can't throw to him enough.

Defensively, we still need to shake out the roster. Whereas Ricky Jean-Francois was a starter in the past, you're seeing he's not worthy of getting any PT. And obviously we miss Abruayo Franklin, another Ravens reject who was overrated by the previous regime and some fans. Sop is just fine as NT though i prefer to find someone better suited in the offseason. He's holding it down though. Justin Smith is and always has been money well spent, McD has stepped up bigtime on DE. Aldon Smith looks to be the truth and a serious problem when rushing the passer, our LBs are the best in the business. Bowman's been a ridiculous surprise.

I think the 2 most underrated acquisitions for us are Carlos Rogers and David Akers. Rogers is a legit cover corner, the kind we convinced ourselves Nate Clements was, and while he got knocked for bad hands and not getting INTs, i'd rather have a guy get his hands on the ball and drop it then get beat altogether. RCB is still a bit shaky, but Tarell Brown and Spencer are holding it down. And David Akers was a KEY acquisition and a great chess move. The front office, knowing our team was a bit younger and definitely unproven, grabbed a veteran kicker who could put points on the board and win us some close games. Mission accomplished.

I like where we're headed for sure. The true test is always when adversity hits. Do we stumble and lose a few we should win? Do we start thinking we're than we are and get knocked back down to earth. Do we start the season on fire and then fade in December? Questions to be answered....

SMH at this, we are a top 5 ranked run defense. Soap is playing lights out. You have alot of points but i disagree with this
[ Edited by BMoore56 on Oct 6, 2011 at 10:22 AM ]
Originally posted by BMoore56:
So just ot give some background....been a niners fan ever since i started watching football, grew up watching the early-mid 90s Steve Young led Niner teams and have followed intently throughout. Unfortunately, this team lost a decade of football with the Erickson-Nolan-Singletary BS regimes. I think we all knew they were b******t deep down but wanted to believe we were trending towards the defensive dominated teams that were en vogue the last few years. BUT - We're the niners. We're supposed to be running the WCO, supposed to be dominating offensively and driving the opposing defense nuts, and all the while still playing stout defense.

While i was happy to see the WCO offense return where it rightfully belongs, i wasn't convinced about Harbaugh or ready to anoint him Bill Walsh Jr. when he got hired, the way others did. I don't know that i'm convinced just yet, but I do like what I'm seeing. He's building a team with great rapport, there's no doubt we're playing 100mph from snap to whistle on defense and really getting after it, swarming to the ball the way Nolan and Singletary were supposed to have us playing. And on top of all that, this past week I actually felt like i was seeing some legit WCO. The 2nd half was damn near bliss. There was timing, rhythm, we were keeping the defense off balance and guessing. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

So....credit where credit is due. Harbaugh still has a lot of work to do, but this team is starting to click and react rather than think. Not having the the full training camp hurt us a lot because everything and everyone were so new to each other. We weren't the Jets-Pats-Steelers-Packers-Giants who have had the same roster and playbooks for the past 3-4-5 years. So it only makes sense that it's taken a little over a month to start to see things come together. And we should only continue to improve and start to get "it" as the season progresses. People complained about the vanilla playcalling but in reality, I just don't think our players were ready for extended, in-depth playcalling because they were still digesting the playbook. Now it seems like they're getting more and more comfortable. The biggest takeaway is that we've won the tough, close games that we normally would lose the past few years. We could easily be 4-0 and it wouldn't be an aberration.

With regards to the roster...our offensive line still needs some work. Those guys are starting to get it, but Rachal needs to go for sure. We need more depth. Goodwin is coming along fine which I'm pleased with cuz you need a solid veteran center like him. Our OLine will be our achilles heel this season I think.

As solid, if unspectacular, as Alex Smith has been, we still need a legit WCO QB. I actually really like and respect Alex, but he was never a true football player/quarterback. He's a guy who plays football and plays QB, but isn't one...if that makes sense. I just don't think he's ever had a real feel for the game the way the naturals do. Even so, he isn't losing us games and is actually starting to win some for us.

Gore is still the man but I'm just ecstatic about Hunter. Not sure if he's an everydown back, but he's the change of pace RB we've been looking for the past decade. While Nolan and Sings wanted smashmouth, big, bruising backs, Hunter has proven to be the small/shifty RB that can break a play open. Kudos to the new regime for drafting him and recognizing the football player there, rather than dismissing him because of his size/measurements/combine stats.

I still like the idea of Anthony Dixon, but it seems he's fallen out of favor with the coaching staff. His biggest problem IMO is that he doesn't run big. He wants to run like Hunter but can't, and i'm sure that drives the coaches nuts.

So long as our QB is getting good protection, our WRs will run their routes and get open. Crabs, Morgan...wish Braylon were out there. Vernon Davis...the WCO is a TE's best friend. Love seeing him cross over the middle, run the fade...he's key to what we do and we can't throw to him enough.

Defensively, we still need to shake out the roster. Whereas Ricky Jean-Francois was a starter in the past, you're seeing he's not worthy of getting any PT. And obviously we miss Abruayo Franklin, another Ravens reject who was overrated by the previous regime and some fans. Sop is just fine as NT though i prefer to find someone better suited in the offseason. He's holding it down though. Justin Smith is and always has been money well spent, McD has stepped up bigtime on DE. Aldon Smith looks to be the truth and a serious problem when rushing the passer, our LBs are the best in the business. Bowman's been a ridiculous surprise.

I think the 2 most underrated acquisitions for us are Carlos Rogers and David Akers. Rogers is a legit cover corner, the kind we convinced ourselves Nate Clements was, and while he got knocked for bad hands and not getting INTs, i'd rather have a guy get his hands on the ball and drop it then get beat altogether. RCB is still a bit shaky, but Tarell Brown and Spencer are holding it down. And David Akers was a KEY acquisition and a great chess move. The front office, knowing our team was a bit younger and definitely unproven, grabbed a veteran kicker who could put points on the board and win us some close games. Mission accomplished.

I like where we're headed for sure. The true test is always when adversity hits. Do we stumble and lose a few we should win? Do we start thinking we're than we are and get knocked back down to earth. Do we start the season on fire and then fade in December? Questions to be answered....

SMH at this, we are a top 5 ranked run defense. Soap is playing lights out. You have alot of points but i disagree with this

I agree. He's not missed. This situation we find ourselves in this weekend is gonna be interesting. Soap will not play this weekend and so an opportunity arises for two rookies to get playing time. Let's see what these guys can really.

I won't go so far as to say Smith can become one of the top QBs. Yes, he's getting better but I just don't think he has "it" where he can win games for us, make that special play or will a team to victory. Solid QB? Yea, i think it's possible given his work ethic, high IQ, and the coaching he's getting/will be getting. But again, it's just a feel thing...making something out of nothing...thats what separates the greats from the rest. But then again, he may not even have to be great. He just has to be good and not lose us games.

We know he's got a very good arm, and with the WCO, he can sit back and fire away on the 10-15 yd passes and get into that rhythm.

You watch the game last Sunday? Alex did "will" the team to victory.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
I have to disagree with what you said about physical inaccuracy. Smith's accuracy problems started with with his footwork mechanics, that's why Harbaugh drop back drilled them to death this summer Also his actual throwing mechanics is different also. His technic improved, along with the new found knowledge that Harbaugh knew WTF he was doing, brought about his confidence.

When I started playing golf a few years ago, a friend of mine, who is a very good golfer, taught me the basics. Well I had this wicked slice that he could not figure how to fix. He kept saying, "Man, your swing looks good. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong". Well I happen to live in the golf capital of the world, so I decided to take swing lessons from one of the hundreds of pro instructors in the Coachella Valley. What she was able to see and fix in just 20-mins was amazing. The whole mechanics of my swing was wrong, my initial weight distribution, swing sequence, weight transfer, and follow through, you name it. (By the way these same elements are involved in throwing a football also) It was ALL wrong. My buddy, even though he was good at playing golf, didn't have a clue as to what he was looking at - he was not a teacher. He didn't know bad mechanics when he saw it. Sound familiar?

Our past coaching staff represents my friend the golfer, who could not fix mechanics or knew wtf they where looking at.

That was a great analogy! couldn't agree more. Its to bad for Alex he couldn't have gotten a teacher like Harbaugh in here sooner
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Thank you for a thoughtful and interesting post.

I concur with most of what you said. I agree with your QB assessment. In fact, I still disagree with the decision to bring him back. This regime, I felt, needed to build a whole new attitude which is more difficult to do with one of the major reasons for past failure returning. My preference (voiced much earlier) would have been to make a strong play for Hasselback ( I believe that he would have come, judging from remarks Steve Young made, and the fact that he has family in the Bay Area, if only Harbaugh wasn't singing the praises of the current guy - completely unnecessarily). With Hasselback, I believe that this team would go deep in the playoffs, which I don't believe possible with AS.

While, like you, I am buoyed by the team's current success (achieved off the back of it's excellent defensive play), it could still go all wrong and the next couple of weeks will be critical in determining this. If the team plays well, even if they lose, it will still be OK. But if they show the old propensity for playing poorly at critical times, it will revert back to the same ole - same ole. Alex is capable of managing a game. But, as you point out, he is not an instinctive player. And certainly not inspirational. Which is sometimes needed in moments of adversity. And is IMO an essential component of a franchise QB.

That said, his mistake free second-half play was central to the Niners' comeback win over the Eagles and he did do it against Seattle five years ago. I just don't believe it's a trend. But time will tell.

On the defensive side: The team made excellent moves in the off season. Both in draft and FA. Unlike some, I was really stoked by the Smith and Culliver picks. Smith, not surprisingly, is already showing good returns. However, with proper coaching and mentoring, I believe Culliver will also prove a better-than-average pick up. I strongly agreed with the Lawson, Franklin (partly for money considerations), and Clements (obviously) releases. And did not believe that Spikes was much of a loss. Pleasantly surprised by how much better Bowman has played than expected, though.

Don't believe Franklin is missed
Your post was good reading though!

Do you honestly believe Hassleback would still be healthy taking the beating our QB has?
Random thought from me.

Playoffs, don't talk about playoffs... playoffs you kidding me?

I hope we arent' having that conversation till deep in the season, this team has much to prove to us still.