LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Stop acting like we won the Super Bowl!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Originally posted by verb1der:We didn't win the Superbowl, but we put an end to a "dream team"! Who's got it better than us?

[ Edited by WildBill on Oct 5, 2011 at 10:49 AM ]
Had we lost this, you'd be b*tchin right now. Be happy we're 3-1.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
How can you not be a little excited with what this team has already accomplished? Some of you guys seem broken, your team wins a big game that they were 9.5-10 point dogs in, and had just about every national sports media casting doubt and dispersion our direction, it is totally normal to be happy and excited. Too many goddamn pessimists around here sometimes. For the first time since the Hearst/Garcia/TO days, I feel we have a chance in every game we play in...I am reveling in the nostalgia of that as we speak. Some of you might be too young to remember feeling like this about the Niners, but it used to be a normal state of being for the Niner Faithful.

I hope that Harbaugh has the team more focused on this week's game than I've been able to be. I'm still pumped from last Sunday!

When I coached I always worried about my team having a letdown after a big win. But the Niners didn't let down after beating the Bungles on the road.

Seems like Harbaugh has them focused on the job they've got ahead of them each week.

Can't wait for Sunday!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I had us at 1-3 at this point, with back to back road losses, so I think the 3-1 record is one to celebrate. Now, are we a great team, or even a good team? I'm not sure. But 3-1 is 3-1, and in the NFC West, that is a substantial lead over divisional opponents.

Super Bowl? I don't think anyone is going that far. But, making the playoffs after ten years of futility would be a welcome moment. This team is far from a finished product, but at least is competitive...and winning.

It is good to see some positive from you MD.
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Great win yes but we played a struggling team whose mistake more than help us win. Im happy to but we got a Bucs team coming who is 3-1 and whose line man handled us last year. They may not be as skilled as philly but they are 3X's as tough. Lets get real. We need them to stay humbled and hungry. Alex hasnt been f..ck up and losing games for us lets build on that. Gore got his swag back, lets build on that. Our Def is ballin, lets build on that. Let act like 9ers fans where in winning is expected. We have a young team, blowin to much smoke up there ass could be devastating.. Plus I'm worried we gone have to man up for the Buc's.. Thats real!

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Stupid Madden, Why you gotta give me goosebumps
I don't see how anyone was acting like we won the super bowl. If that was the case you would hear people saying "Oh my gosh we won the super bowl!!!" instead of "Oh my gosh we beat Philadelphia in Philly on back to back non-divisional road games for the first time since 1996!!!". So as you can see there is a very distinct difference.

All kidding aside relax man nobody is overacting. Even though this was in fact the most significant win for this franchise since 2002.
[ Edited by goodthings19 on Oct 5, 2011 at 1:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:
If I wanted to be a downer, I'd talk about that ugly new stadium design and the fact that it's in Santa Clara!

Often wonder how fans like teams that they dont really like. Texas has 2 teams to choose from.
I was born less than a block from old Kezar. I grew up in Pacifica, Burlingame, Santa Clara, Petaluma and Santa Rosa. My freakin diapers were red and gold.

I only moved to Texas 2 years ago because the economy in CA is completely fracked.

And how could you say I'm not a fan just because I think the stadium plans stink. That's ridiculous.

For what it's worth, a good design would look like LAMBEAU only painted red.

GO NINERS!!!
It is good to see something positive from the Niners. What a concept!!!
the players shouldn't be acting like we won the superbowl.

the fans should be ecstatic.

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

LOL at seeing Sing get the Gatorade bath.
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:
I was born less than a block from old Kezar. I grew up in Pacifica, Burlingame, Santa Clara, Petaluma and Santa Rosa. My freakin diapers were red and gold.

GO NINERS!!!

Brother!! I grew up i Pacifica, San Mateo, Petaluma and Santa Rosa.......not in that order though..... Wierd.

You know what would even be a better concept? When you admit you're wrong. Now THAT is a concept!

MadDog, I'm interested in hearing your honest opinion of Harbaugh, his approach to each game, and his work with, and improvement with Alex. Also I'd like to know what you think about the fact that Alex's passing numbers have increased each week and do attribute that to Alex just improving, or Harbaugh having a plan of opening the playbook a little more each week.

Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:

You know what would even be a better concept? When you admit you're wrong. Now THAT is a concept!

s**t just got real
Share 49ersWebzone