LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 159 users in the forums

Stop acting like we won the Super Bowl!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No s**t! Cinderella with glass slipper niner fans. Lol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
exactly, our optimism our happiness has no effect on the team whatsoever. if you wanna worry about taking it easy on the bucs, the players should be your focus not the fans

Still something to be said for not getting our hopes up. I can only take so much disappointment!
We're enjoying the week after a big win. Why begrudge us that? If you take no joy from it, that's cool with me. Just don't mistake our apparently unacceptable level of enthusiasm for more than what it is. It's a week 4 win...and we know that. We've had a dearth of big wins around here for almost a decade. The realists in all of us know we probably won't be winning a Super Bowl this year. Because of that, I for one am gonna soak up all the joy I can from every week of the season anyway...while the dreamer in me wonders how it is to visit Indianapolis in January.
I think we are acting like we won a legit game vs. a legit team. You can say philly is struggling but Mike Vick is legit and he demonstrated that the other day and we still beat the eagles. This is also cause for optimism because if you can beat mike vick when he plays like that you can beat Josh Freeman vs. the bucs at home. If you can beat the Eagles you can beat the redskins or the Giants (both remaining on the schedule). The TRUTH is we can now start looking at tough games as games we CAN win. Hopefully this translates into games we do win.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Which starters are talking like we won the Superbowl? And the scary super tough Bucs have 2 wins from 2 team's that are 0-4.

They barely beat the Colts, and got torched by Curtis painter
[ Edited by MSteitz468 on Oct 5, 2011 at 7:12 AM ]
real fans should be excited for every game!!....Go niners!
Fan have no real impact on the team, getting our hopes up doesn't hurt our chances of winning. I dream of the Niners winning the SB every year, and as long as it's still a possibility, I'll believe it:) and it makes me happy.

As a fan and not just a "follower", I put out the good vibes and believe we'll win the next game - always:)

I guess.... It makes so people feel "smart," or "better" to piss in another person pool. I never do get where some of ya'll get your kicks hating on other people optimism for a team you are supposedly a "fan" of.
Reality: We have "microscopic" to no control. But if everyone's public comments and at the stadium realized that and just shut up and cheered with all the energy they had. I bet it'd would have an effect on the players like "Wow they really want us to win and believe in us" psychologically that would help build confidence, which is like %90 once players get to this level.

On other hand, Drunking @ss' booing blinding should literally just root for the other team. Do you realize YOU'RE actually helping the other team when you boo. It's just BASIC phycology.
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Great win yes but we played a struggling team whose mistake more than help us win. Im happy to but we got a Bucs team coming who is 3-1 and whose line man handled us last year. They may not be as skilled as philly but they are 3X's as tough. Lets get real. We need them to stay humbled and hungry. Alex hasnt been f..ck up and losing games for us lets build on that. Gore got his swag back, lets build on that. Our Def is ballin, lets build on that. Let act like 9ers fans where in winning is expected. We have a young team, blowin to much smoke up there ass could be devastating.. Plus I'm worried we gone have to man up for the Buc's.. Thats real!

Stop acting like we didn't just win the biggest game since nearly a decade...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
it was a huge win, enough reason to celebrate for a few days. But yea, time to move on. The Bucs will be a much tougher team to beat.

Don't worry, be happy...
lol. While I never think getting caught up in hype is good... I also think people should be happy about success.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Oct 5, 2011 at 8:45 AM ]
What is this all about? I just woke up from passing out after celebrating the big Philly win!!! And now I am getting ready for the Tampa Bay game!! Only thinking about winning that one. That's what type of NINER fan I am. I am all hyped up. CHAMPIONSHIP!
Originally posted by djfullshred:
lol. While I never think getting caught up in hype is good... I also think people should be happy about success.

Which is why I completely disregarded the OP.
So we fans can get all pissed off, b***h and moan when we lose, but we can't get excited, even optimistic when we win???

Then what's the point of being a fan if we can't get a little emotional either way?

Share 49ersWebzone