There are 218 users in the forums

IF we knock off the Bucs...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
F*** the ranks, better to stay under the radar and creep on the low
  • lyer
  • Veteran
As long as the niners offense plays like it did in the 2nd half against philly, ill be happy.
How we start is important, but how you finish is more important. Every team will have their ups and downs.
I walked into a sports bar for the Sunday night game with my head held high- that is all i need.

It feels soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.
If we don't beat the bucs at home the win against Philly means nothing. We have to keep the momentum going
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm more worried about the Lions than I am the Bucs.

Yes, I'm rooting for the the Lions to be undefeated and the Niners to be the one to dent that record!

Yeah I would like to see the 49ERS at 4-1 going against the undefeated Lions when we ruin their record ......... Now I like that story line.

P.S. Yeah the very flowery rankings mean absolutely nothing to me or ........ Harbaugh.

If this happens and the Niners go 5-1 after beating 5-0 Lions, I see a lot of people saying. "See, Lions aren't for real, they just lost to the 49ers."
i remember tom jackson saying that they find out who are truly contenders by week 5 and 6. we are so close! please end up with a winning record by the bye. i think the eagles cause a bigger threat than the bucs, lions, and giants.
???

Power rankings are to puff up website visits and ratings, they have no functional purpose.

Tell you what, you let Tampa Bay win on Sunday, then win all the rest of your games, and I'll predict that you will be ranked #1 not in the power rankings but in the playoff seedings... something real with real benefits.

I'd take the trade in a heartbeat, we can take our chances on whatever seed we get, if we get in at all. You guys have no business not winning your division so for you its just seeding, the Bucs have to take out the Saints to have any hope of winning our division.
How about the old cliche - 1 game at a time. If we beat the Bucs we will be rated 10-12. IF we then went on to beat the lions we would be 8-10. So in the words of Harbaugh, please keep saying negative things about the Niners.
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:
F*** the ranks, better to stay under the radar and creep on the low

I would agree, but I think once teams watch our game film, especially the D. We are no longer under their radar. The "radar" is for the media type folks.

If we win I will finally jump on Harbaugh's band wagon. And the playoffs band wagon.
I don't think we win. We have beaten most teams through efficiency and better defense. The Bucs are VERY efficient in terms of doing a small amount of things VERY well.

Discipline and Defense is the key to this game.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't think we win. We have beaten most teams through efficiency and better defense. The Bucs are VERY efficient in terms of doing a small amount of things VERY well.

Discipline and Defense is the key to this game.

Whilst I think you could be right I also think that the Bucs have not shown much in terms of offense. Disregard the Colts game as they are in disarray without Manning. Blount is a unit but I think our D smashes him because of his size.

I'm not aure we will win because we are still a team capable of beating ourselves but I don't fear the Bucs.
[ Edited by Envy on Oct 4, 2011 at 4:08 PM ]
I'm not concerned about the power rankings in the slightest. More importantly we could damn near put a hammer lock on the division at 4-1 with the Lambs, Hawks and Cards on the fast track to top ten draft picks.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
constant improvement is what i'm looking for. You can lose games and still improve.
Share 49ersWebzone