There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

IF we knock off the Bucs...

If we can pull out a win this week, I think we end up in the top 10 of the power rankings, which is kinda cool, even though I think power ranking are BS. Do you think we get stiffed, and miss the top 10, or would it be enough?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822d24e0/article/week-5-packers-saints-lead-the-way-bills-first-loss-costly
we will be ranked 27th still
  • Paul
  • Veteran
either way I could care less about rankings
Originally posted by Paul:

Yeah, I'm not big on them, I see them more as a respect meter, than a talent meter, it would be nice to less of a national laughingstock!

Pretty much THIS, but still something to think about...
doesn't matter but we will be 4-1 which does. regardless of our ranking imo there isn't a team in the nfl that wants to play our front 7 which will only become better if we continue with the speed blitzes.
When was the last time we were 4-1?
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
When was the last time we were 4-1?

When was the last time we won back to back road games, both come from behind victories, remember we trailed Cincy! So yeah, back to back come backs....on the road!
If we beat the Bucs AND the Lions THEN we'll get a top ten ranking.
I hope the Lions win again before we play them. They are going down.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I hope the Lions win again before we play them. They are going down.

I would love to be the team that breaks that early streak.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm more worried about the Lions than I am the Bucs.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yes, I'm rooting for the the Lions to be undefeated and the Niners to be the one to dent that record!

This. For my money the ranking are only accurate in the nba, after all only 6-8 teams can really compete every year in that league anyways. Any fan who feels better based on how high their team ranks in a power ranking is insecure
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yes, I'm rooting for the the Lions to be undefeated and the Niners to be the one to dent that record!

Yeah I would like to see the 49ERS at 4-1 going against the undefeated Lions when we ruin their record ......... Now I like that story line.

P.S. Yeah the very flowery rankings mean absolutely nothing to me or ........ Harbaugh.
[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Oct 4, 2011 at 10:39 AM ]