There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Harbaugh Effect Has 49ers Relevant Again

Originally posted by Shaj:

Good one bud!
Originally posted by theginz2004:
Yeah I know but it has just been something that I was thinking about. In the offseason I read that Roman really is the brain behind play design and I was just curious if him leaving would have the same effect on the team as our other OCs even though we have an offensive minded coach.

no...roman actually understands offense his leaving would hurt. the only effect when the other oc's left, was the car that was in the reserved parking spot.
Originally posted by stepnez:
Originally posted by theginz2004:
Yeah I know but it has just been something that I was thinking about. In the offseason I read that Roman really is the brain behind play design and I was just curious if him leaving would have the same effect on the team as our other OCs even though we have an offensive minded coach.

no...roman actually understands offense his leaving would hurt. the only effect when the other oc's left, was the car that was in the reserved parking spot.

I was mostly speaking about Norv Turner and McCarthy.
[ Edited by theginz2004 on Oct 4, 2011 at 8:50 AM ]
Originally posted by gamechanger:
This whole "trying to find our identity thing" is so well thought out and I believe that he will continue to be "finding" it just to throw the entir league off.

Starting Hunter last week was also another thing that I give him credit for, sure Gore was a little banged up but he made it seem like he was not going to have that many touches.

Throwing Sopoaga in as an extra full back.

Waiting till the 2nd half to unleash Aldon Smith.

Please feel free to add to this list, he is making all the right moves by not revealing what kind of football team they are. I just watched his Monday Presser and love the way he talks to the media. He makes it hard for people to read him and that's exactly the type of coach you want to have leading your team!

I called him Genius as well for those moves. Then I calmed my self down a little and rephrased it to CREATIVE. I like the guy he is my coach. But, I will just wait a little longer until I start calling him Genius. I think he is the right guy for the job.
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Originally posted by theginz2004:
How important do you guys think Greg Roman is to the team? If our offense turns around I could see him leaving after the 2012 or 2013 season to become a HC.

Hmm, I think he's very important but I trust that Harbaugh will have someone ready to step in and fill his role. Just like I think he can do with the players on the field. If we lose a player for whatever reason someone will be ready to go in without missing a beat.

He's not as important as he would seem. He's calling plays in HARBAUGH's offense. It isn't Roman's scheme and Harbaugh could call the plays on his own if he wanted to. I think teams will know this and won't be so quick to make him a head coach.
Originally posted by stepnez:
Originally posted by theginz2004:
Yeah I know but it has just been something that I was thinking about. In the offseason I read that Roman really is the brain behind play design and I was just curious if him leaving would have the same effect on the team as our other OCs even though we have an offensive minded coach.

no...roman actually understands offense his leaving would hurt. the only effect when the other oc's left, was the car that was in the reserved parking spot.

So you're implying that Norv Turner, Mike McCarthy and Mike Martz don't know offense? Please.
Second half adjustments is the name of the game... We are used to these stubborn coaches who refused to change the game plan in the second half.
Originally posted by stepnez:
Originally posted by theginz2004:
Yeah I know but it has just been something that I was thinking about. In the offseason I read that Roman really is the brain behind play design and I was just curious if him leaving would have the same effect on the team as our other OCs even though we have an offensive minded coach.

no...roman actually understands offense his leaving would hurt. the only effect when the other oc's left, was the car that was in the reserved parking spot.

Harbaugh is setting the tone and style. He is also calling a good share of the plays. Losing Roman will not be a problem. Different from the past with defensive coaches in charge and no idea how an offense should run.
Originally posted by dj43:
Harbaugh is setting the tone and style. He is also calling a good share of the plays. Losing Roman will not be a problem. Different from the past with defensive coaches in charge and no idea how an offense should run.

Excellent point.
Originally posted by STNiner:
Second half adjustments is the name of the game... We are used to these stubborn coaches who refused to change the game plan in the second half.

Although, I wouldn't mind a couple faster starts than we've had in the future.
Careful. Being too high on Harbaugh around here will get your thread locked.
Harbenius!!!
I have only seen one genius headcoach and we all no who he is - Bill Walsh.
Sando has an excellent article detailing the gulf between Harbaugh and Singletary: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/47935/harbaugh-effect-has-49ers-relevant-again

One of the most shocking quotes in the article is this dandy:

"In years past, 49ers coaches relied upon team executive Paraag Marathe to oversee the decision-making process for instant replay. Harbaugh has his coaches handling that aspect from the booth."

Seriously? This is one of the looniest things I have ever read about the Singletary regime.
Great read
...