LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Next 2 opponents have short weeks when playing the 9ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Next two oppenents are going down!!
this certainly is to our favor. i think our front 7 will make it hard for both Freeman and Stafford. Freeman is not as quick as Vick, those almost sacks last game will def show up on the stat sheet. Aldon is making huge strides, Brooks, N53, P52, Justin, RayMac...i'm getting pumped to see this defense dominate.
Srsly, the Bucs will want to run, we will stuff them and wreak havok on Freeman.
The Lions dont have a run game. If i was Stafford, i'd wrap my shoulder in kevlar.
GO NINERS!
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:
Looking at the schedule I see only two probable losses... to the Lions and the Ravens.

But that is why they play the game.

The Bucs will go down hard. The Lions.... well, we'll see.

Bucs are good, lets earn it first.
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
It is nice the next two opponents will be working on short weeks, but let's not forget the Niners have to go on the road to Seattle (already a tough place to play) after a Monday night game vs Pittsburgh. Also, they have to go on the road in a short week to face Baltimore.

Sorry to be a debbie downer.

Seattle is horrible and we're not likely to beat Baltimore either way (however, their week is just as short as ours is going to be).
I think we can beat Tampa Bay, but as for as Detroit it's all going to come down to our pass rush. If we can't harass him with consistency, he will pick our mediocre secondary apart.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
It is nice the next two opponents will be working on short weeks, but let's not forget the Niners have to go on the road to Seattle (already a tough place to play) after a Monday night game vs Pittsburgh. Also, they have to go on the road in a short week to face Baltimore.

Seattle is horrible and we're not likely to beat Baltimore either way (however, their week is just as short as ours is going to be).
yeah but we have to fly cross country on a short week... makes me nervous for that game.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

seattle sucks anyways and i think pitts age will get to them once we play them..

just wanted to be positive

And I'll add the ravens will have a short week too
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I think we can beat Tampa Bay, but as for as Detroit it's all going to come down to our pass rush. If we can't harass him with consistency, he will pick our mediocre secondary apart.

i agree..... i'm pumped for the tampa game our strength vs theirs, run defense vs run offense with blunt that game will be Fyiscal i look for bowman and willis to have big days. i love those games ... and the detroit u couldnt be more right... if we can get to stafford then we will kill them but if he gets time calvin is going to have a career day against us... ehhh
I can't imagine losing to the Lions.

I try, but I just can't. We whooped on them when we were at our lowest.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Oct 3, 2011 at 8:44 PM ]
I'm glad the Bucs are going to win. Didn't want them coming in here with an enhanced sense of urgency.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

but that was when they were at their lowest too! lol
Remember, their home
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

but that was when they were at their lowest too! lol
Remember, their home

we were both s**t but we still beat them in our house and in theirs. It should be a good game regardless.
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

yeah but we have to fly cross country on a short week... makes me nervous for that game.

Like I said, it's unlikely we'd beat the Ravens under any circumstances this year. Would be very nice, but I wouldn't expect it even if it wasn't a short week and we didn't have to fly across the country.
but but but we use to owned the lions everytime we played them.
Unlike the Cowboys and the Eagles, the Lions and Buckaneers are playing good ball. If we overlook these two teams we could be 3 and 3 and back with the pack in our division. If we split or win both, we get two of the tougher teams out of the way and are in great shape to win the dinision. The biggest thing about beating the Eagles, is that they already beat the Rams. If that team gets it together in time to beat the Seahawks and Cardinals, then that win becomes even bigger. The same with the Cowboys, if they beat the other three teams, then that loss doesn't hurt as much in the division. Tampa Bay plays better in the second half with Blount wearing people down. We play a lot better coming from behind instead of protecting a lead. It should be interesting. If we beat these guys, I really love our chances to go to the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone