There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Next 2 opponents have short weeks when playing the 9ers

TB plays tonight

DET plays Chi next Monday
That's gonna be a Fisical game. Theyll be banged up hopefully.

TB maybe not so much banged up due in part because theyr playing the Colts but that extra day plus flying cross country can play a huge factor
Colts pass rush is legit. Freeman is gonna take some hits.
Looking at the schedule I see only two probable losses... to the Lions and the Ravens.

But that is why they play the game.

The Bucs will go down hard. The Lions.... well, we'll see.
We need to double Calvin Johnson and let Rodgers against their #2. They are just throwing it up there for Calvin Johnson to pluck it. Like Randy Moss. Detroit will be tough.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
We need to double Calvin Johnson and let Rodgers against their #2. They are just throwing it up there for Calvin Johnson to pluck it. Like Randy Moss. Detroit will be tough.

Who on our team can even partially cover him? rodgers is def too small.. Itd have to be spencer or culliver imo.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
We need to double Calvin Johnson and let Rodgers against their #2. They are just throwing it up there for Calvin Johnson to pluck it. Like Randy Moss. Detroit will be tough.

Nah I say put Rogers and Goldson on Megatron all day. Spencer (or Brown) can handle Burleson no problem. In fact, I think our base for that game should be a 3-3-5 (their running game isn't even averaging 3 yards a pop). Replace Haralson with either R. Smith or M. Williams (or both if Whitner can't go) to play centerfield. And run our 4-2-5 nickel a lot too. Sopoaga should not get much PT in that game.
[ Edited by andes14 on Oct 3, 2011 at 12:41 PM ]
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Who on our team can even partially cover him? rodgers is def too small.. Itd have to be spencer or culliver imo.


Originally posted by andes14:
Nah I say put Rogers and Goldson on Megatron all day. Spencer (or Brown) can handle Burleson no problem. In fact, I think our base for that game should be a 3-3-5 (their running game isn't even averaging 3 yards a pop). Replace Haralson with either R. Smith or M. Williams (or both if Whitner can't go) to play centerfield. And run our 4-2-5 nickel a lot too. Sopoaga should not get much PT in that game.

I think Spencer is the common denominator. We need Spencer back. I know he has a good history with Fritzgrald so maybe he's a better help with Johnson. I don't know enough about Rogers to say either way against Johnson.
i think after this huge win and the niners recent success the home field advantage will actually mean something again. the bucs are gonna get it this week. short week, loud fans, huge confidence building win and the thought of revenge from last year for most of the players will make for a very fun game i think
  • JC49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 169
When I look at the remaining schedule it seems reasonable to think the Niners will get ten wins. I just hope we can keep eking out wins while improving. It would take a serious collapse to not win the division at this point. Any team has to think with a two game head start on a twelve game season they could win the NFC West. There has still been plenty to be frustrated about but being 3-1 also gives us something to be excited about. If we get to the bye 4-2 we have a string of four winnable games after that. This is a lot more fun than opening seasons 0-5.

Originally posted by JC49:
When I look at the remaining schedule it seems reasonable to think the Niners will get ten wins. I just hope we can keep eking out wins while improving. It would take a serious collapse to not win the division at this point. Any team has to think with a two game head start on a twelve game season they could win the NFC West. There has still been plenty to be frustrated about but being 3-1 also gives us something to be excited about. If we get to the bye 4-2 we have a string of four winnable games after that. This is a lot more fun than opening seasons 0-5.


thing is were getting better every week and the team seems to believe in the cause. if harbaugh keeps giving them more of the playbook and it starts to stick more and more they will keep rolling this year. we've got somethin special building this year
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think Spencer is the common denominator. We need Spencer back. I know he has a good history with Fritzgrald so maybe he's a better help with Johnson. I don't know enough about Rogers to say either way against Johnson.

Fritz and Calvin are similar in that they are both big and phsyical and you need someone like that. As bad much as people got frustrated with Nate he did well against Fritz and these types but sucked at the smaller quiker receivers. So whoever is the biggest most physical needs to take on Calvin with some help.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Fritz and Calvin are similar in that they are both big and phsyical and you need someone like that. As bad much as people got frustrated with Nate he did well against Fritz and these types but sucked at the smaller quiker receivers. So whoever is the biggest most physical needs to take on Calvin with some help.

Calvin is faster though. I think spencer with a strong dose of Goldson can SLOW him down, i don't know about stop him.
Tough schedule, no doubt. The team I saw yesterday can definitely beat the hell out of Tampa, and will give Detroit a run for it's money.

Looking down the line the next game I am really worried about are the Giants on 11/13. They are a damn good team this year.
It is nice the next two opponents will be working on short weeks, but let's not forget the Niners have to go on the road to Seattle (already a tough place to play) after a Monday night game vs Pittsburgh. Also, they have to go on the road in a short week to face Baltimore.

Sorry to be a debbie downer.
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
It is nice the next two opponents will be working on short weeks, but let's not forget the Niners have to go on the road to Seattle (already a tough place to play) after a Monday night game vs Pittsburgh. Also, they have to go on the road in a short week to face Baltimore.

Sorry to be a debbie downer.

seattle sucks anyways and i think pitts age will get to them once we play them..

just wanted to be positive