There are 288 users in the forums

Good analysis on Alex Smith's performance vs Eagles from SI

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great read and really helps with the pictures showing the plays
What a great article. Interesting that a lot of the analysis focuses on Smith's improvement at decision-making. Remember that before the season, most of the articles regarding Harbaugh's work with QB's focused on his tutoring them on decision-making. I think every QB they interviewed who had worked with Harbaugh mentioned this. And, really, that has been one of Smith's biggest problems. Let's hope Harbaugh is just what Smith needed.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea that play to Hunter showed growth. Usually he over thinks those type of plays and just runs out of bounds. Instead he took a chance trusted himself and made the play. He has to let it fly.

I agree. I think Alex needs to trust himself to make those throws. Those are the types of throws the best QB's make routinely. If Alex is going to instill confidence in everyone around him he needs to make these throws. If he does not do this consistently then his WR's won't be looking for the pass when the opportunity is there and they will lose confidence in Alex. It's up to Alex to prove to all of us, players and fans ,that he has what it takes. I hope he can. I'm tired of waiting for this kid to screw up. I want to wait for him to succeed every week.
If I were Jim I wouldn't open it up just, yet. I think he and Alex are taking steps and making strides. It would simply be a big mistake to open it up and have a disastrous game vs. the Bucs. And, frankly I don't think that our O-line will allow for that just, yet. They have been horrible for 3 and 1/2 games. As I saw it tonight if a bad Colts team can put some pressure on that Defense then the 9ers definitely have an advantage after this week.

Nice read by the way.
LMFAO Ceadderman commented on it
Love the breakdown and how there is images to illustrate the text.
I saw the press conference just now and Harbaugh said that they have installed the offense as follows:

Whole - Part - Whole

They installed the whole offense in the abbreviated TC. It seems they are working on the parts now.

Once they get those down, I think the whole will come together. It seems to be coming.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I saw the press conference just now and Harbaugh said that they have installed the offense as follows:

Whole - Part - Whole

They installed the whole offense in the abbreviated TC. It seems they are working on the parts now.

Once they get those down, I think the whole will come together. It seems to be coming.
link to press conference?
lol someone wrote about the 49ers winning??? today on PTI, they talked about the eagles losing for 2 whole minutes and then gave a 5 second shout out at the end to the niners for winning. 5 seconds is better than nothing though
What a fantastic read. I sure hope to see him continuing to improve as he picks up both confidence and mastery of the offense.

Dude looked like a legit NFL QB in the 2nd half. Can't say he has looked like that before - other than away @ Seattle in 2006.

Just good to see and hear, finally. Let's see if he can keep it up.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
link to press conference?

It was on tv but I found it on the web.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Press-Pass-Jim-Harbaugh/5e6da8e4-6103-45e4-ad1b-e3907d8c5956
Remember when Smith had a breakout game in 2006.
He was solid in the 3rd qtr yesterday but we need to see more of that from him.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Remember when Smith had a breakout game in 2006.

just give it up, man
Originally posted by nflguy49:
He was solid in the 3rd qtr yesterday but we need to see more of that from him.

lol, "solid."
Share 49ersWebzone