There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Good analysis on Alex Smith's performance vs Eagles from SI

Link
Good read, and it makes a lot of sense. Smith definitely had a breakout game. Hopefully Harbaugh will be more confident in opening up the playbook now.
just hope he can build on it
Yea that play to Hunter showed growth. Usually he over thinks those type of plays and just runs out of bounds. Instead he took a chance trusted himself and made the play. He has to let it fly.
Excellent pictures and analysis.

I noticed that on the 3rd and 6 play from the eagles 29 both Morgan and Crabtree ran 2 yard routes, that is terrible playcalling. Also, on the same play, #97 is blowing past Davis, surprise surprise. If the OL can minimize the number of times defenders run free at Smitty then the team will definitely make the playoffs.
I hope that Smith's performance in the second half come from behind victory will be exactly what Harbaugh needed to see to start opening up the offense earlier in games and not just when we are down by a couple of scores. Tampa Bay will be another test to see how consistent Smith and the offense can be. I like his development so far and look forward to seeing fewer dropped passes from his supporting cast in the future.

Enjoyed the analysis and I look forward to his building on that second half performance and adding more consistency on a weekly basis.
That was a well-written analysis about Alex Smith and his performance last night.
Originally posted by Niners23:
Good read, and it makes a lot of sense. Smith definitely had a breakout game. Hopefully Harbaugh will be more confident in opening up the playbook now.

THIS.
Wow! Smith getting good press in the national media! It is a good read, and great to see Smith's progress. I watched Smith at Utah and have always felt he had it in him. I'm hoping this is the beginning of seeing that come out in the NFL.
awesome read. It's almost as if oldman9er wrote that.
Love our old friend caedderman hatin' on Crabtree in the comments section.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Love our old friend caedderman hatin' on Crabtree in the comments section.

i see him everywhere. he was even commenting on the veetle feed.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
i see him everywhere. he was even commenting on the veetle feed.

Yeah, dude must never get off the internet.
Quote:
The boxed player is Kendall Hunter. Smith has two Eagles closing from the back, with a pair of defenders between he and Hunter. In the past, this probably would?ve ended one of two ways: 1. Smith runs out of bounds, taking whatever yardage he can get; or 2. Smith throws an interception.

Actually, I highly doubt Alex would have thrown an INT in the past; he would have thrown it away.
biggest difference I noticed this year is when he scrambles he knows where the defenders are. I remember countless times before, he'd roll out and have no clue he was about to get whacked and sack/fumbled. You can see him peak for a second now, then look down field. Thats all on JH reminding him to protect the ball. Lets build some consistency and surprise the NFL!